About poyo mods...

• 1 year later...

I stumbled on some of the same and I too was curious how Poyo got these results. All a cursory search turns up is this thread.

Unless things have changed, I was under the impression that there is nothing you can do with body slide that would get you that particular big, toned leg-shape and then animate it so well to boot.

Smacks of custom work to me, but I would be interested to see if I have that wrong.

But there seems to be no shortage of people who jealously guard their "secret recipe", It would not surprise me in the least if this is another such case.

So in my spare time I dug a bit deeper. Just in case anyone else also goes looking for how to make a Skyrim character with a similar body look to Poyo's only to wind up here, I might as well share what I learned.

This already came up on Deadal's request thread in a few locations. Just do a forum search for "poyo" and you will find them all. The short version is a few people asked the very helpful Daedal to take a stab at recreating the look and he did some pretty solid work. However, it is all but certain Poyo used something other than, or in addition to, bodyslide. Enhanced Character Edit was mentioned for starters. I still think the skeleton itself might be manually tweaked or borrowing heavily from imported assets.

Personally, I find the look (on the model's legs especially) has such a strong resemblance that I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if poyo imported some of MMOsurgeon's stuff and touched it up. But, to give credit where credit is due, Poyo probably has the chops to have edited it all from scratch on their own or at least from something like Blade and Soul.

Alas, I never found an adequate replacement for Oblivion's DMRA to use in Skyrim either. Sometimes it just do be like that.[sic]