Im losing my shit over these animation errors

Hi, i've been using Sexlab for a while now, i still consider myself a noob when it comes to modding but hey, it worked perfectly for a while.
I recently decided to download some extra mods (two quests, some actual body physics) and after some troubleshooting i got it working fine, so i started a new save.
Usually the first thing i do is beat the everloving shit out of the entirety of riverwood to see if  Defeat and animations are working correctly, but this time, guess what most of the animations were just my PC and the NPC stuck together, doing nothing and moaning (you've seen this before).
I did it all i reinstalled everything, ran FNIS multiple times (just in case), but still only a handful of animations work. Any idea what i can try next?
Thanks in advance

try deleting "Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx" and re-running FNIS again, that sometimes helps.

also:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Count Animations" and make sure nothing is over 500, turn off some animations if they are.
8.6. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

Ok update, i did everything and good news, creature/npc animations work.
The player character though, stands still while everyone else is doing JoJo poses around it.
i ran fnis again and the file you told me to delete didnt reapear, maybe that's the source of the problem?

Edit: Upon further testing only small humanoid and insect anim's work semi consistently.
Sooo back to square one i guess

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character).
 1 Warning(s).
This shows up

5 minutes ago, TunaSipp said:

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Wrong skeleton. It should read Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

The skellie you want is XPMSE v7.2 by Groovtama.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Wrong skeleton. It should read Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

The skellie you want is XPMSE v7.2 by Groovtama.

image.png.49ac5399439bddbf834cb74a945df6e6.pngYou mean this one?
I already have it

No you don't because otherwise it would be giving you different skeleton information

rule 2 of load orders is skeleton on the absolute bottom the end

rule 3 is don't use a half assed virtualizer to install things

one of those rules is being broken right now.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

3 hours ago, 27X said:

you guys are missing the bigger problem:

Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character).
 1 Warning(s).

no animations and a warning about something that's not being shown to us.....like.....WHERE WAS FNIS INSTALLED?

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

you guys are missing the bigger problem:

no animations and a warning about something that's not being shown to us.....like.....WHERE WAS FNIS INSTALLED?

Covered under rule 3, so is installing Steam/Skyrim in a folder windows wants to nanny, whether you're admin or not.

2 hours ago, TunaSipp said:

I installed almost everything through Vortex

What does 'almost' mean in this context.

Where is FNIS installed?

How do you expect to have animations if you do not have any installed? [ 0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character). ]

Animation pack's, FNIS, XP32 Skeleton, CBBE, HDT Breast and butt physics were all installed using Vortex.
But as i said, everything worked fine before i installed the physics mod, now even when i deleted it shit's still fucked

It's like trying to get blood out of a stone. What was the 'physics mod'?

I don't use Vortex but I'm guessing that it will let you know if there is a problem with a mod. As will LOOT to a certain extent. So do either of these two give any warnings, error messages, red text, exclamation marks or similar?

5 hours ago, TunaSipp said:

i literally just said its name

So you did. Pardon my lack of knowledge of mods from 2014 which have a title that is in effect a generic feature shared by several mods.

My advice would be to work out which mods are broken

Uninstall them

Read up on how to install mods with Vortex

Reinstall them and go from there.

3 hours ago, TunaSipp said:

im trying to install them manually and see what Vortex does

it will most likely fuck up more, it's a bad idea to mix manual & manager style installs, you should only do one or the other.

9 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it will most likely fuck up more, it's a bad idea to mix manual & manager style installs, you should only do one or the other.

Seconded.

If you are sticking with Vortex, learn how to use it - watch videos etc. It will have its quirks and foibles but once you know them it wont be so bad. Spend the time now and save yourself lots of grief later.

Make sure your vanilla game works and is stable before adding mods. Then add mods a few at a time, checking that the game still works as you go. It's easier to troubleshoot a game with 20 mods than one with 200 mods.

Archived