So far this seems fairly compatible with closed Better Cities. I spent about an hour walking around all the exteriors of every town, and the only problem I noticed was a kid's stall clipping a bit with one of BC's spiral stairways. It also hovers a bit off the ground and rarely a NPC will get stuck on it, but not for very long. What assets I've seen are all very nice. Even the less lore-friendly stuff doesn't feel too out of place. Great job.

I was experiencing crashes despite decent FPS in Leyawiin, Bravil, and Chorrol due to the sheer number of extra NPCs from BC, Emma's Children of Cyrodiil, and From2ch Lives. If anyone else has that issue, there are a few options:

1. Disable BC NPC wandering

2. Install Radiant AI - NPCs Alive. This will cause vanilla NPCs to hang out in shops/taverns more often, cutting down the overall number in exteriors (though with or without BC, NPCs can sometimes get confused and just loiter outside doors)

3. Mess with the following options in Oblivion.ini (copied from a BC thread but it's useful either way)

fLODFadeOutActorMultCity: Default value is 1. Change it to lower the distance you see NPCs in the city. Suggestion 0.4 - 0.8
fLODFadeOutItemMultCity: Default value is 1. Change it to lower the distance you see items in the city. Suggestion 0.4 - 0.8
fLODFadeOutObjectMultCity: Default value is 1. Change it to lower the distance you see objects in the city. Suggestion 0.4 - 0.8

• 1 year later...

Sorry to necro, but could this mod perhaps have an optional version that uses OBME like in this version: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/50493.

I like using the mod, mostly for the added NPC immersion, but it replacing spell effects has me worried about compatibility with the magic mod I use (Av Latta Magicka) ^^;

The .esp of the OBME version on the nexus, to my knowledge isn't the most updated version with the Minikakas (Though, to be honest I'm not fond of them roaming around New Sheoth simply because they're very lore-unfriendly.)

I don't use the mod.  But why must a " add children Mod " change magic effects ?

I would delete all the changes, back to vanilla game. No conflicts with other mods. Problem solved.

Without OBME there can not be new magic effects, only changed vanilla effects. All the Mod spells/magic still works when you change the effects back to vanilla effects.

EDIT: I just watched the esp...

This Mod is no  "add children mod "  it is a heavy game overhaul !!!

It add new AND change vanilla

NPCs

Creatures

Creatures level lists

armor

clothes

ingrediends

weapons

cells

books

spells

magic effects

It add new

5 races

container

Enchantment

dialogs

item level lists

------------------

bad things:

No Hunger in game they are now  Fairy   ( also the summon hunger spell is summon fairy)

No summon golder sait and dark seducer, they are  Red Riding Hood and Alice

All Order Knight names are changed into "Tinman"

and  other changes like this

esp unclean, need TES4Edit cleaning

And manually cleaning. the esp was made with vanilla CS, so Water is added to each cell you watch/open. Conflicts with other Mods above in  the load order that use the same vanilla cell and need the water height at a different height.  About 55 cell with added , NOT NEEDED , water in the esp. Nothing else in changed in that cell, should be deleted.

-------------

requirements / installation :   NO  MBP and x117  esm and esp are needed !  Only the meshes and textures folders.  So you can only copy the meshes and textures folders in you game folder.

-----------------------

Again:  this Mod is a game overhaul   not a children Mod

Edited by fejeena
On 5/14/2022 at 8:13 PM, fejeena said:

I don't use the mod.  But why must a " add children Mod " change magic effects ?

I would delete all the changes, back to vanilla game. No conflicts with other mods. Problem solved.

Without OBME there can not be new magic effects, only changed vanilla effects. All the Mod spells/magic still works when you change the effects back to vanilla effects.

EDIT: I just watched the esp...

This Mod is no  "add children mod "  it is a heavy game overhaul !!!

It add new AND change vanilla

NPCs

Creatures

Creatures level lists

armor

clothes

ingrediends

weapons

cells

books

spells

magic effects

It add new

5 races

container

Enchantment

dialogs

item level lists

------------------

bad things:

No Hunger in game they are now  Fairy   ( also the summon hunger spell is summon fairy)

No summon golder sait and dark seducer, they are  Red Riding Hood and Alice

All Order Knight names are changed into "Tinman"

and  other changes like this

esp unclean, need TES4Edit cleaning

And manually cleaning. the esp was made with vanilla CS, so Water is added to each cell you watch/open. Conflicts with other Mods above in  the load order that use the same vanilla cell and need the water height at a different height.  About 55 cell with added , NOT NEEDED , water in the esp. Nothing else in changed in that cell, should be deleted.

-------------

requirements / installation :   NO  MBP and x117  esm and esp are needed !  Only the meshes and textures folders.  So you can only copy the meshes and textures folders in you game folder.

-----------------------

Again:  this Mod is a game overhaul   not a children Mod

Yes, sadly the mod changes a little *too much* for my tastes, that's why I usually end up having to uninstall at in one setup or another. Between the replacing of original, intended game NPC's (like the aforementioned Saints and Seducers, and creatures like Hungers) and Emily's penchant for haphazard mod building, it really takes away from some of the good stuff of the core of the mod; which is adding children. Either way, thanks for the detailed breakdown of what was changed; I wasn't aware of some of them. Might stiick with Emma's more lore-friendly and not as overhaul-y Children of Cyrodiil. 

Here a "vanilla" version.

No changed vanilla stuff in the esp. Only the vanilla child overall (clothes)  but it is not used in vanilla game.

Still new creatures and changed creatures level lists. ( to get the new creatures in game you need to change the list)

----------------------

All vanilla changes

NPCs

Creatures

armor

clothes ( not child overall )

ingrediends

weapons

books

spells

magic effects

deleted

-----------------

TES4Edit cleaned

Unused cells deleted

esp with new NPC and new creatures and changed vanilla level lists.

CHILDREN ANNUAD.esp

!!! The addon esp will not work with this esp !!!

If you don't want children sex disable the Mod in the Lovers settings ( you can bann whole Mods from the Lovers sex system )

EDIT:

esp as above but deleted vanilla creatures level lists.

still new Level lists that add new creatures, new NPC, vanilla creatures in cells and world.

CHILDREN ANNUAD no changed vanilla creaturesLL.esp

And a no-creatures-version.

no changed vanilla creatures Level lists

no new creatures.

still new Level lists with new NPC and vanilla creatures.

CHILDREN ANNUAD vanilla no creatures.esp

EDIT  ( 10.2022 )

a vanilla addon esp that works with my esp above

CHILDREN ANNUAD Protection vanilla.esp

Edited by fejeena
12 hours ago, fejeena said:

Here a "vanilla" version.

No changed vanilla stuff in the esp. Only the vanilla child overall (clothes)  but it is not used in vanilla game.

Still new creatures and changed creatures level lists. ( to get the new creatures in game you need to change the list)

----------------------

All vanilla changes

NPCs

Creatures

armor

clothes ( not child overall )

ingrediends

weapons

books

spells

magic effects

deleted

-----------------

TES4Edit cleaned

Unused cells deleted

esp with new NPC and new creatures and changed vanilla level lists.

CHILDREN ANNUAD.esp 640.8 kB · 0 downloads

If you don't want children sex disable the Mod in the Lovers settings ( you can bann whole Mods from the Lovers sex system )

EDIT:

esp as above but deleted vanilla creatures level lists.

still new Level lists that add new creatures, new NPC, vanilla creatures in cells and world.

CHILDREN ANNUAD no changed vanilla creaturesLL.esp 633.39 kB · 0 downloads

And a no-creatures-version.

no changed vanilla creatures Level lists

no new creatures.

still new Level lists with new NPC and vanilla creatures.

CHILDREN ANNUAD vanilla no creatures.esp 604.05 kB · 0 downloads

Omg! Thanks Fejeena!! This is gonna be super useful!!!! Might reinstall just for this!

FEJEENA MOD-SUPPORT BUMP

NEW ESPS ADDED TO DOWNLOAD

Thanks for the additional ESP files.  The content provided was added to a read-me file (slightly altered to fit my retro 80-column 1980's text.doc format :P).  Meanwhile, the 1st page(s) have been updated to include that information.

ALTERED ESP FILES:

CHILDREN'S ANNUAD replaces and alters certain features that are standard to Oblivion such as creatures and summoning spells. With this and other changed content, it could be considered an overhaul.  For those who wish to have the classic, vanilla style of Oblivion restored, @fejeena provided three different .esp files, each with a different level of restoration.  These can be found in the "Altered Esp files (Choose only one)" zip file now supplied.  If you wish to play CHILDREN'S ANNUAD as it was intended, do not use any of these.  But if you decide to have some content from Oblivion returned, choose only one of the three altered .ESPs provided in its stead.

• 5 months later...

It is the same.  Only a esp replacer with new magic effects. So it only eliminates one conflict, the one with the overridden vanilla magic effects.

But everything else is the same, still has all the other vanilla overwrites I mentioned above, So still conflicts with many other mods.