Save become horribly slow

Hi all,

I have very unusual problem - everything was fine with Oblivion untill I've installed 2 new mods (daily income revised and bloodlines - the last is about 3.5 Gig). After that, saving game, which usually was taking about 5-15 seconds become greatest pain in the ass - now it takes 55-75 seconds and makes game unbearable piece of shit. So what I did first of all - deactivated both above mentioned mods, correct? Damn, it had no effect! Then I closely reviewed obse.log, deactivated several mods, that might cause problem - all the same. I have an autosave file - I loaded it, then quicksaved, quickloaded and quicksaved again - saving still takes about 70 seconds. After that I've loaded "very old" savegame (made before above 2 mods were installed) and quicksaved several times and guess what - it took from 10 to 17 seconds. By the way, saved files do not seem to be "bloated" - max file size is about 7 MBs - but definitely one of the following two mods Daily Income Revised or Dark Bloodline not only made game unplayable, but even made savegames useless (in that way I've lost all chars I had, except very "old" one). So, which of two above mod did it, can anybody tell? And is there any way to test mods before it crashes your game and you lose tens of hours? Yes, I know this is entirely my fault, but I really trusted loverslab and believed that only trustworthy content is presented here. I would be very grateful for advices how to protect my game from destructive mods.

Thanks.

NEVER quicksave! A quicksave is only a partial save game and they often get corrupted by just breathing on them. Autosaves are not something you should depend on either.

Either use manual saves (hit escape and then select new save) or use a program like Streamline that has a reliable autosave feature built into it.

Dark Bloodline is listed as a beta if you had read the OP. Beta's can and often are buggy. For the future you need to do two things:

1. Have a backup of your stable game with your core mods (you can even archive it via WinRaR or 7zip to save space), this way if you install a beta or any other mod then you can quickly recover if things go bad.

2. Have a backup of your existing saved game (with your core mods above) again, this allows you to go right back to where you were if something goes south on you.

Remember also that you can install a perfectly good mod and still have this happen to you. Some plugins are not meant to be run with other plugins. That is why it is important to read the OP and the last couple pages of that plugins thread to see if there are any issues.

Cheers,

Greg

Some additional information might be helpful - especially about official and unofficial patches. Are they installed and working correctly?

Just to be sure neither the 'A-Bomb' or the dreaded 'Reference Bug' are to blame. These older saves - are they of the same file size as your current ones? What other mods are installed that could be responsible? Please post (preferably in

tags) your load order!

If you are using Wrye Bash, this utility has functions to reset the 'A-Bomb' counter as well as cleansing savegames by removing null references. To remove bloat from dynamically created item/actor references I recently recommended a mod: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/24606

In general you can never be sure mods won't break your install due to many factors involved. Oblivion - a house of cards?

But checking a mod with 'TES4Edit' after installing something new is a good way to be sure your new mod doesn't contain any 'dirty edits'. Naturally the software's also able to delete those in case it does find anything. It's a good idea to analyze everything you have installed with it.

gregathit,

Thanks for tips. Next time I will take necessary precautions.

Poontank

I have Goty edition, without any unofficial patches.

Thanks for link, I will test utility you supposed. I hope it will help.

Emily

Some of your mod cause save bloating?

Hardly. OBSE was pointing on two absolutely different mods (zzestrus and setbody) - I've tried and deactivated both, but nothing changed. And usuall saved game is about 1 to 3 megs - hardly you can call it bloating.

Yes' date=' I know this is entirely my fault, but I really trusted loverslab and believed that only trustworthy content is presented here. I would be very grateful for advices how to protect my game from destructive mods.

Thanks.

[/quote']

"Trusted lovers lab and trustworthy content" Seriously? :s

NEVER quicksave! A quicksave is only a partial save game and they often get corrupted by just breathing on them. Autosaves are not something you should depend on either.

Either use manual saves (hit escape and then select new save) or use a program like Streamline that has a reliable autosave feature built into it.

Dark Bloodline is listed as a beta if you had read the OP. Beta's can and often are buggy. For the future you need to do two things:

1. Have a backup of your stable game with your core mods (you can even archive it via WinRaR or 7zip to save space)' date=' this way if you install a beta or any other mod then you can quickly recover if things go bad.

2. Have a backup of your existing saved game (with your core mods above) again, this allows you to go right back to where you were if something goes south on you.

Remember also that you can install a perfectly good mod and still have this happen to you. Some plugins are not meant to be run with other plugins. That is why it is important to read the OP and the last couple pages of that plugins thread to see if there are any issues.

Cheers,

Greg

[/quote']

Ditto on everything Gregathit said above.

@Gregathit - I went back to the 'other' Dark Bloodlines thread and marked in bright colors all notes, issues (and potential save game corruption) I found or experienced, while doing my version of a translation of version 3.0b. Red is critical, yellow or gold cautions. Post: #287

Cheers,

Varenne

Now I have answers, dear Watson! :)

Today I've performed a series of tests and found out the following - both of above-mentioned mods are incompatible with normal gaming experience. First I've deactivated Dailyincome and started a new game. At the point you meet with first couple of rats (after captain Reno's death), I've tried to save - either you quicksave or manually save it already takes about 35-45 seconds(!!!). So, decision was clear, ok? - it is all Bloodline's fault. So, I've reactivated Dailyincome, deactivated Bloodlines, started a new game and tried to save at the same point. Guess what? - it took about 35-45 seconds too! So, to make sure, I've deactivated both mods, started a new game and made another save - this time I didn't even notice any delay, it saved INSTANTLY.

So, verdict is clear, both above mentioned mods are unplayable. May be errors will be corrected in future versions and they even become playable, but until then avoid them at any cost.

P.S. and one final question please: I really need a mod like dailyincome. Is there any similar, but playable mods?

I'm using Daily Income Revised for quite some time in a with ~200 mods and never experienced issues with it. Are you sure there was nothing else that would be causing this? I'm experiencing insanely long saving times once in a while in a normal play. Usually I wait a little and then save again and it's back to normal. It may just be that Oblivion (or your PC) is busy with something else at this very moment, so saving takes longer.

Menesh,

As soon as I deactivated Dailyincome revised, saving is almost instantaneous again (in rare cases up to 10-15 seconds). By the way, I've tried version 1 of daily income and it didn't influence saving at all. So I will go with version 1, I think.

As for mods, Yes I have something about 220 mods installed and never experienced any problems with saving, until I've installed above mods.

Oops, Holmes, I've realized that I'm using Dailyincome 2.0 too.

Well I've never experienced such bloating with it so far, I'll stick with 2.0 til I run into any problem myself.

Strange. Really. I don't really think DI 2.0 is the criminal scum, something is wrong.

movomo,

It is strange, indeed. It could be load order or some mysterious processes happening with game, or some Maya prophesy, stating I never will be able to play above mods... :) The only thing I know for sure - old version of mod works perfectly for me, while new one makes even a newly started game - bloated and saved files beyond repair.

• 7 months later...

I'm getting massive save game bloat its not bad a first but it  slowly gets worse and worse .Done some reading on the web and found estrus mentioned as a possible cause , daily income .Anyway check out my load order and please if anyone knows of a know offender from my load order  for save game bloat please tell me .

I know about quicksave and overwritting old saves and I never do that.

Might try deactivating daily income and see if that effects anything.And trying the latest version.

.Also did some reading an apparently oblivion has a problem with save game bloat so I downloaded cleanUp by kuree which apparently  can help.For example if u loot a body and then drop some of the stuff , say it was too heavy, then whatever you dropped stays in the game forever.Bad respawning of actors apparenly can cause bloat and other issues.Temporary actors can cause problems as well, apparently.

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Chanpon.esm
x117race.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
LoversCreature.esm
IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esm
TamagoPlayerHUDkil.esp
TamagoNews.esp
TamagoTopic.esp
TamagoConfide.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
TamagoDischarge.esp
LoversHiyokoShooter.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
HiyokoGeneratorCreature.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
SetBody.esp
SD2011.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversAphrodisia.esp
LoversStalkerM.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversBed.esp
666_Modified_Contraception_esp_1_0.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
Lovers with PK Extender.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversStopCombatEx.esp
LoversSpermSplashEx.esp
LoversSetScale.esp
LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
TamagoFertilityClinic.esp
YetAnotherHotkeyMod.esp
HiyokoUtilitySpells.esp
Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp
Archery Rebalance.esp
More Arrows Recovered-2169.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
kuerteeCrimeHasWitnesses.esp
SupremeMagicka.esp
SM_ShiveringIsles.esp
SM_EnchantStaff.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
300ft crime detection-7319.esp
IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp
IDKRRR_C_race.esp
DKImperials.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
x117race.esp
Lop-ears Elf.esp
x117Race ENG Race.esp
CB Unholy Corrupter.esp
Rolling_Hills_Manor.esp
Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
Companion Neeshka.esp
Dairanath Avari - male Companion.esp
1em_Vilja.esp
1em_Vilja_as_High_Imperial.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
AleswellHomeQuest.esp
LSTaddonIn.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
MONSTERGIRL-CoC.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp
PlayerSlaveCry.esp
LoversGGBlackmail.esp
LoversHooker.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
LoversCrowningIsle.esp
Streamline 2.1.esp
kuerteeCleanUp.esp
MadCompanionshipSpells.esp
MCS extension.esp
xeosp++.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

luinil I can not help you with the game save bloat Problem, you already use cleanUp.

But I saw 2 "Errors" in your load order. You have 2 Mods loaded above their Master files. LSTaddonIn.esp and LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp. Wonder why your game did not crash at start

right load order
LSTBravilUnderground.esp

LSTaddonIn.esp

And your Lovers Mod are not in good Load order.

Example load order of all Lovers Mods  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/?do=findComment&comment=100862

I'm getting massive save game bloat its not bad a first but it  slowly gets worse and worse .Done some reading on the web and found estrus mentioned as a possible cause , daily income .Anyway check out my load order and please if anyone knows of a know offender from my load order  for save game bloat please tell me .

Look at your obse log file. Save bloating occurs as 2 forms, ess bloat and obse bloat.

I suspect your save game bloating was caused by undestryoed string variables. In obse.log file, you can see how many string variables remain in your *.obse file.

LOAD ORDER 

I will go back and look at my load order , thanks fejeena for spotting that error and will sort it out in the next few days and try again .But what do you do with non lovers mods like kuree crime has wittnesses, supreme magica, house mods , when the author has no specific recommendation for the appropriate load order?

OBSE FILE/ESS FILES

Anyway looking at save games after ~ 40 hrs game play

.ess files has grown from about 1400 Kb to 2700 Kb so that does not seem to be much of an issue.

.obse file has grown from 221 Kb to 6000+ Kb so that appears to be a big problem

I not sure about the obse log files its so big what relevent and whats not? can i delete the text in it and will it just keep writting the new stuff to it?

Some obse log stuff dunno if its relevent

Dumping Array #17 **
Refs: 1 Owner 2D: TamagoFertilityClinic.esp
[  ] : 0.000000
[ Class ] : Guard
[ Race ] : Tabaxi mini
Error in script 00000000
Could not extract function script in Call statement.
loading from C:\Users\xc8928\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Save 2 - Samantha - City Isle, Level 1, Playing Time 00.32.26.obse
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading strings
Loading array variables
plugin did not read all of its data (at 0000000000035AFB expected 0000000000035B13)
plugin has data in save file but no handler
DoLoadGameHook: C:\Users\xc8928\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Save 2 - Samantha - City Isle, Level 1, Playing Time 00.32.26.ess
loading from C:\Users\xc8928\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Save 2 - Samantha - City Isle, Level 1, Playing Time 00.32.26.obse
Dumping Array #32 **
Refs: 1 Owner 2D: TamagoFertilityClinic.esp
[  ] : 0.000000
[ Class ] : Guard
[ Race ] : Tabaxi mini

WHAT CAUSES .ESS BLOAT.

So what causes .ess file to bloat so much?And importantly what size should the .ess file be? Could it be just one mod slowling causing the .ess file to slowly get bigger and bigger? So i need to find the offending mod and banish it forever.

Can a bad loader order cause a problem.

Or some behaviours like dropping stuff after looting, or teleporting ? I use teleport alot MCS teleport spell and rolling hills manor teleport spell, also I play an assassin/thief and use a bow as my main weapon with poisons so could all those arrows I lose in the word cause a problem?Just installed kuree clean up that might help with that.

I have noticed errors in console with loverstamagoclub could that be an issue?Something about invalid result and some hex code sry 

HOW TO PROCEED 

Other than sorting my load order not sure how to proceed? should I just disable as many mod as possible and slowly reintroduce them if there are no problems? 

You can see how many string variables present in the obse save file in obse.log.

It should look like this

Loading strings
  WARNING: substantial numbers of string variables exist for the following files (may indicate savegame bloat):
    MiniMap.esp (1581 strings)
Undestryed string vars don't always mean save game bloat, but if some of them are 'growing' over time that's a problem. For example, now my Minimap mod has 1581 strings in .obse file but it never drastically changes over time. So it isn't a save game bloating.
Guest Spikes

Sort your order then disable the tomago mods, load and wait a min or 2, then save again,shut off obl, fire obl again, load the new save ,wait a min or 2 then save again ,then read the obse log again.

If the obses are smalelr now, load log in etc 1-2 times to see if the obse get bigger. If not, then it's tomagos problem.

If they still get bigger, or stay very big, repeat same process with Monstergirl , then other mods that use obse to find which ones make your obses bigger, 6k obses are quite big.

Use BOSS for none Lovers Mods http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20516/

Run BOSS, then sort all Mods,BOSS have not sorted, manually (clothe Mod to the sorted clothe Mods, Quests to Quest Mods, ....)

Then sort all your Lovers and MBP Mods like in the example load order. ! All Lovers Mods, Boss sorts some Lovers Mod but it's shit !

heeh the leaning curve never stop with oblivion + lovers PK does it?

ok so learn boss sort non lovers then post load order and try again.

a load order   in order  it is a must    if i can add    do you have the last plugin for obse like menuq  and elyse

i never have any probleme with autosave     but i had a thing like yours    and i saw that the more my female character had sex the more she had sperm data in inventry  the more my game was very slow to save or to load      (a probleme with tamago/hyoko  and or autorisation in my computer  but i did not care so much as i am running with the third setting  there is nothing added and written to my inventy and every thing is fluid and fast).

a load order   in order  it is a must    if i can add    do you have the last plugin for othbse like menuq  and elyse

i never have any probleme with autosave     but i had a thing like yours    and i saw that the more my female character had sex the more she had sperm data in inventry  the more my game was very slow to save or to load      (a probleme with tamago/hyoko  and or autorisation in my computer  but i did not care so much as i am running with the third setting  there is nothing added and written to my inventy and every thing is fluid and fast).

yups i have a zillion plugins for oblivion pluggy, menu que , silent voice,obse, etc etc etc 

Anyway reorder my load order using boss then sorted lovers mod with latest  list .Loaded  smaller mod list and have played for about 2 hours withough any significant obse bloat at all.It even goes down a bit sometimes.CleanUP seems to actually clean up stuff which is nice

.next step after playing for a few more hours is to fire up a few more mods until I find the nasty mod responcible for bloat and banished it forever.Tamago Club maybe

I guess I could try saving with no sperm and a heap of sperm in inv to see if that effect stuff.Bloat with sperm causing bloated saves?I suspect that tamago club  + rapersS + tamango fertility clinic, which may not apply contraceptive to dynamically created and raped npc's (Monster Girl)could be a problem. .But the only way to know is to test, sometimes it just something completely different.Might just have tamago settting allow PC to have sperm and ditch Fertility Clinic or not.

Also tried teleporting back and forth between various locations about 30 times using MCM spells teleport an I think my obse file bloated  a huge 1 kb 

other load order stuff 

noticed that the champon.esm for my version of MBP did not have any esp that listed it as a master file .Did not active it of sirens and Tritons .So I did not activate that esm ,also put StalkersM in the same place as joburg in my load order..Not sure when I active tamago where to put tamago discharge. hiyokoUtility spells afer set body or up near tamago stuff.

Also I moved shivering Isle.esp ,DLC's,unofficial official oblivion patches up my load order cause after sorting with boss and using lovers guide to sort lovers mods as they where sink down down in my load order.  I allways though DLC should be fairly high in load order ?

MonsterGirlCoc,GGBlackmail,CrowningIsle I move down down in load order from where BOSS sorted.

Also tried teleporting back and forth between various locations about 30 times using MCM spells teleport an I think my obse file bloated  a huge 1 kb 

Reviced load order without bloat but only 2 hrs testing. 

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
x117race.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
LoversAphrodisia.esp
LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversStalkerM.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversStopCombatEx.esp
LoversSpermSplashEx.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp
SetBody.esp
LoversSetScale.esp
LoversStripper.esp
LoversHooker.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
kuerteeCleanUp.esp
Streamline 2.1.esp
AleswellHomeQuest.esp
Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
300ft crime detection-7319.esp
Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp
MadCompanionshipSpells.esp
SupremeMagicka.esp
SM_ShiveringIsles.esp
kuerteeCrimeHasWitnesses.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
x117race.esp
Lop-ears Elf.esp
Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp
DKImperials.esp
1em_Vilja.esp
1em_Vilja_as_High_Imperial.esp
MONSTERGIRL-CoC.esp
LoversGGBlackmail.esp
LoversCrowningIsle.esp
xeosp++.esp
LoversMB2.esp

if your are still looking for the culprit you might need to to make a save and make a backup    -- than deactivate all plugins and make a clean save    -- than  you test with all esm activate      --  than you make a test with adding one esp than another one than another one till you find something wrong (in association or not) this one who create troubles might be the culprit (a load order position  or  an update needed).

in the begging you find this process irritating and frustrating   than you start to understand the importance of load order  and some tools like construction set (to correct some esp or to make some new ) and tes4edit (for cleaning and correcting).  And at the end of this process you can play with bethesda software with a big smile  and no conflicts.

Sadly upon reactivating tamago club my obse files started to bloat.Further testing may be required but to me it seems pretty clear that tamago is the culprit.Now it might be discharge or lovers tamago club or the hud perhaps so I might do some more testing but it appears to be tamago club or tamago club related

At least Monster GIrls is not causing the problem

try to change your obse plugins to the latest 

Ok I can give this a try to see if it helps as TamagoClub is one of my favorite mods.

preview  "menuq"   and   "elys"  (what version you have)   and the same for "tamago"

one by one not all togather

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. preview ... doesnt make sense to me? do you mean make sure I have the latest versions of menuque and elys silent voice? or something else.

Thanks for everyones help so far .