Halo 4 doesn't want to work (Slight Spoilers)

Ark of Truth

OK, So my brother got Halo 4 for Christmas. He placed disk 1 in the drive, it loaded up and he selected Campaign. A movie loads but after it completes it sends him back to the main menu.

What we have done so far:

• Tried to install Disk 2 first (Keeps failing to install)
  • Installed the most recent Xbox update (firmware)
  • Tried installing Disk 1 to HDD (Get to 15% and stops)
  • Cleared the console cache
  • Removed the HDD and used temporary profile

I am really beginning to get fed up with this game!

Anyone know what is wrong with it? The Xbox is working completely fine as it can play Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Prototype and Call of Duty without issues.

Guest Lady Luck

lol note self never bought fps game or 3rd person shooter on xbox it always bring problem there's no end solution to this unless you have latest xbox firmware the most recent one its not the update its the firmware not letting you played it , im sorry dude u have to jtag'ed ur console then you can install it , or buy a modded hard drive its how my chinese friends always had their ways to install the shit.

its not illegal to own jtag console , you still paying the game meaning if the official one didn't work then its your 2nd solution either way , people really stop alienating jtag product.

Well Assassin's Creed Revelations is working fine and that came out round the same time. My friend has the same console as me and his works fine.

If it was the firmware the game wouldn't even load plus the game came with the latest firmware update as you need to install it before you can even load up the game.

Guest Lady Luck

Well Assassin's Creed Revelations is working fine and that came out round the same time. My friend has the same console as me and his works fine.

If it was the firmware the game wouldn't even load plus the game came with the latest firmware update as you need to install it before you can even load up the game.

assassins creed game never fail on xbox [ not bragging the disappointing part] console why because they have good coder games like halo 4 require higher update but doesn't always work i have this issue before halo 1 -3 and force me return that game i dont really like the game anyway ... i played halo games only for pc is because why i chose the pc platform it never gave me problems.

in case i forget you also need higher capacity hardrive for newer games on 2013.

check local market if that hardware has maximum memory , if that works update along with the patch and then pray the game work.

solution list

- Try on Higher capacity hardrive to install the game

- Updating firmware recent version

- contact xbox support

- Replace the physical copy if you have one , digital re download it

- by installing check the cables if anything break

- Clean Your xbox 360

- If everything doesn't work use JTAG console as last resort

Makesure the jtag console is latest version.

- if all doesn't work Throw the disc and give middle finger to

bungie and curse them lol.

Guest Lady Luck

lol its not publisher fault ark its the programmer if they didn't put these stupid annoying security check you wont have a problem on playing the game...

Guest Lady Luck

still i'm not defending microsoft or any similiar product that published the game at first place, this is why i go for pc platform anything titles like halo , i instantly avoid the console version because of this , this is reason why the console part seriously making me mad, not only the patch is taking long to download the security check is just stupid. ark my advice sell the copies get the pc version wait for the patch and your problem fixed.

Halo 4 is not out for PC and is never coming to PC

EDIT: I took my HDD out and used a temp profile and the game loaded fine but WITHOUT sound. The Dashboard sounds work fine though.

Placed the HDD back in and the game does not get passed the intro video. Seriously what kind of bullshit is this?

Seriously what kind of bullshit is this?

Faulty disc. I have it, around 10-20 of my freinds have it and no one has any issues with it. You shouldn' have to have disc 2 installed to play the campaign at all. Go to Game (or whatever) and ask for a new disc.

It's worht getting it working as it's a pretty good game (as far as consoles go)

Archived