[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

Tonight's checklist:

• Address GOD MODE / UNLIMITED AMMO bug.
  • Address gender preference outcome and pacification notification -> see if bug or natural scripted process.
  • Address Player surrendering when in power armor.
  • Address initial captor's dialogue being blocked -> possible combat state issue.
  • Unequip weapons before applying DDs.
  • Remove combat state before applying DDs.
  • Look into MCM issue.
  • Research and implement a DD key theft option.

To be added later this week:

• Controls for surrender Alt-Outcomes (things other than sexual assault, like the paired animation kills that are there now).
  • Add support for Real Handcuffs.
  • Add support for Raider Pet.

All of this plus any other noted issues that come into play. I plan to work on all of this behind the scenes and not release an update until all of the CHECKLIST items are done, at the least. That way, you all have time to chime in with other noted issues for me to look into ahead of the v1.1 release. The additional support for external mods will come in a later release.

EDIT: You all should know me by now, right? When I say sometime later this week, I mean I'll probably have all of these issues addressed and accounted for within the next hour or two and I'll more than likely want to get that fix out to you ASAP.

8 hours ago, crowfield said:

2. Not just sexual assault, but dialogue itself. It just goes straight to get away phase after surrender animation.

I've looked into this.

Basically, its working as intended. Lets say you play a male, and you said preferred gender is female. You fight some raiders and surrender. But there's only men in the combat group. Your settings dictate that dialogue and rape will not happen - thats how its coded - because you dont want M/M sex. So, it goes straight to outcomes. Perhaps the random dice roll in the mod determine that all that would happen to you is that they lower their guard for a moment, giving you the opportunity to run away.

But you are kind of inspiring an update to this - more or less to just have the initial approaching enemy say SOMETHING before sending you to outcomes - just a simple random one liner that indicates that a rape is not going to happen. I'll work on that.

Yeah.... so.

Tonight's checklist:

• Address GOD MODE / UNLIMITED AMMO bug.
  • Address gender preference outcome and pacification notification -> see if bug or natural scripted process.
  • Address Player surrendering when in power armor.
  • Address initial captor's dialogue being blocked -> possible combat state issue.
  • Unequip weapons before applying DDs.
  • Remove combat state before applying DDs.
  • Look into MCM issue.
  • Research and implement a DD key theft option.

As in... I already completed all of that. ?

v1.1 is now available for download

Maintenance update to correct some noted issues - also add ability for enemies to steal ALL of your DD keys when they slap you in a DD.

Addressed:

• God mode / unlimited ammo should no longer occur.
  • Player now exits power armor prior to surrender animations playing.
  • Removed combat stance on dialogue NPC at point of player surrender.
  • Unequips weapons before DDs are applied.
  • Removes player's combat stance before DDs are appllied.
  • MCM .Refresh() command removed - hopefully alleviates flicker in the MCM.
  • When you are slapped in DDs, now the one putting you in them can steal ALL of your DD keys.
  • MCM controls added for key theft enable/disable and a slider for the chances of a key theft occurring.

Thanks to @Ravecreator for the idea of adding in a mechanism to steal DD keys from the player!

Seriously - I'm NOW going to hold off on adding new stuff for the rest of the week. Let the mod settle, let you play with it without needing a new patch every half-day. See if there are any further issues that need to be addressed. And I'll use that time to see how to hook Raider Pet and Real Handcuffs into CSA outcomes.

14 minutes ago, isanchez said:

is bad endings supported?

No. I mean, AAF can play them, so technically I suppose they are a part of the possible animations that will play during surrender assault events, possibly? But I dont call them specifically, no.

Because RSE II's Resources ESM contains ALL of those animations natively (Grey User gave blanket permission for people to repurpose his animations) and I am building my own native functions to use them that don't rely on external mods or AAF, just like in RSE Elements.

6 hours ago, DCPDDP said:

Can someone post some installation instructions I literal have no idea how to install this mod or it just doesn't work and the lack of any description or instructions on the mod's page is just frustrating. I don't know what load order to use, what all the mod's requirements are or what this mod even suppose to do or how it suppose to work. Literal for I know it installed correctly but I'm not using it right.

Circling back - installation instructions have been added to the download and front page for this mod. But this does not include troubleshooting AAF or anything like that. I assume people have a functional AAF or know where to go for help with AAF.

2 hours ago, isanchez said:

is bad endings supported?

Circling back... My bad.

I thought Bad End was the bondage animations, but after getting curious, I looked at the mod itself and see that it is something much different. I think I could possibly do something with this. I'll chew on it for the week and see how best to fit it into my already jam-packed support for external mods (or if it would just be too much).

@Flashy (JoeR)

Thanks for all the hard work on your Mod's. I really appriciate what you did there and even more that you take ideas of the community into account.

I'm looking forward how the whole RSE 2 "framework" will develop.

I'll update to 1.1 when im home from the office.

One question regarding the update's though.

Is a clean save needed, or is it enough to simply update all the files via drag 'n drop or via Mod Manager?

So far i always started a new game, but would like to avoid that (I'm slowly getting tired of Nate's "War never changes..." ;) )

Cheers and a nice day 

17 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

@Flashy (JoeR)

Thanks for all the hard work on your Mod's. I really appriciate what you did there and even more that you take ideas of the community into account.

I'm looking forward how the whole RSE 2 "framework" will develop.

I'll update to 1.1 when im home from the office.

One question regarding the update's though.

Is a clean save needed, or is it enough to simply update all the files via drag 'n drop or via Mod Manager?

So far i always started a new game, but would like to avoid that (I'm slowly getting tired of Nate's "War never changes..." ;) )

Cheers and a nice day 

Clean save doesn't mean you have to start a new game. You just need to disable mods, load your save and save the game with mods disabled. That's it, you have a clean save.

13 minutes ago, crowfield said:

Clean save doesn't mean you have to start a new game. You just need to disable mods, load your save and save the game with mods disabled. That's it, you have a clean save.

You sure?

Aren't there any cross references in the save file pointing to scripts and stuff?

Violate for example need's a cleaned save (with Falrim Tools) for a update.

2 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

You sure?

Aren't there any cross references in the save file pointing to scripts and stuff?

Violate for example need's a cleaned save (with Falrim Tools) for a update.

Well, it works in most cases. Definitely works with RSE. I think Flashy said that you don't need a clean save for RSE II at all, but I still use clean save just in case.
I update violate without starting a new game as well, works fine ?.

RSE II CSA has an auto-update feature in it. It will do stuff in the backend to update its scripts running in your save. So no, clean save not necessary, although, yes, a clean save is always the best way to go with most mods.

Just tested a new version.

1. Surrender to an enemy who wears power armor leads to an AAF error.

2. Player wearing power armor surrender works better, but still doesn't work ?. When player leaves power armor dialogue doesn't start in most cases (I tried to surrender 5 times, only once dialogue started correctly). Also there are some minor things: surrender animation doesn't play after player leaves power armor and limping state (after enemy beats you up) disappears after player enters power armor (this could be a feature I guess).

11 minutes ago, crowfield said:

2. Player wearing power armor surrender works better, but still doesn't work ?. When player leaves power armor dialogue doesn't start in most cases (I tried to surrender 5 times, only once dialogue started correctly). Also there are some minor things: surrender animation doesn't play after player leaves power armor and limping state (after enemy beats you up) disappears after player enters power armor (this could be a feature I guess).

Power armor leading to AAF error, is an AAF error, but I will add a method to snap the enemy out of the power armor, if it sees them as wearing it.

I'll have to look at why the player being in power armor prevents anything from starting it - it makes no logical sense.

As for why the surrender anim doesnt play, it could just be a timing thing.

Limping anim will disappear when entering power armor - the game engine itself does that, not this mod.

One caveat to the whole clean-save question - this is just a WIP / test mod. Once it goes into a "Official Release" state, I would recommend starting a new game / using a clean save - be it one that has never had the mod on it or one that has gone through a 'proper' Fallrim Tools clean process. But we're not there yet, so don't worry on it at this time.

So here's a question: For those who do NOT use Devious Devices (ie: do not have it installed), have the changes Ive made to the mod to allow it's integration affected you in any way? As in, do you notice the mod is simply broken now or does it work every bit as fine as it did before the DD stuff was added? Looking to ensure the new method of using Devious Devices without forcing a dependency is actually working before I start adding in support for other mods using the same methods.

11 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

So here's a question: For those who do NOT use Devious Devices (ie: do not have it installed), have the changes Ive made to the mod to allow it's integration affected you in any way? As in, do you notice the mod is simply broken now or does it work every bit as fine as it did before the DD stuff was added? Looking to ensure the new method of using Devious Devices without forcing a dependency is actually working before I start adding in support for other mods using the same methods.

Everything is alright so far.

2 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

This is easy to resolve - disable all mods, start a new game. When you exit the vault, save the game with a hard save. And then, never save over top of that save again, using it as your basis for any new game you wish to play. Then simply install / activate your mods again and load up that save. It'll be clean, every time you wish to start a new game up AND you'll already be out of the vault.

52 minutes ago, crowfield said:

Everything is alright so far.

Thanks! Good to know! If it wasn't working, ie: the dependency was there in a negative way, the mod simply wouldn't work. So, if it is working, this new zero-dependency method of including external mod support is working like a charm and I'll definitely be using it for Raider Pet and Real Handcuffs (and Bad Ending, if I can suss out how it works and create scenarios with it that). But...

I will be moving the external mod support from the CSA mod, directly into the RSEII Resources ESM, so that any mod using the Resources can call upon the functions that those external mods offer. That will be coming in the next round of updates.

EDIT: Devious Device support and integration has now been migrated to my personal internal build of the RSE II Resources ESM, so... the next update of CSA will require an update of the Resources ESM as well. I'll remind everyone when that update comes.

1 hour ago, crowfield said:

Circling back: I've got code put in now to force the approaching enemy out of their power armor and removing all combat stance prior to them approaching the surrendered player and initiating dialogue. I have also put code in to remove combat stance on the player when they exit power armor. I am fully convinced the combat stance is the issue and this is the only literal thing that can block dialogue from starting (aside from the RACE form not having the setting called "Allow PC Dialogue" checked off). I won't release a fix for this just yet - its too small of an update to push out, but know, the code will be in there for the next release.

13 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Circling back - installation instructions have been added to the download and front page for this mod. But this does not include troubleshooting AAF or anything like that. I assume people have a functional AAF or know where to go for help with AAF.

Well I got half of it to work after smashing my face against a wall to let out some frustration (mainly from RL work BS sorry if I seemed toxic earlier some of clients i have to work with really piss me off). I uninstalled everything and started over installing everything back. My only issue now seems to be I surrender the enemy taunt me about making my life hell than my character stand up and I get a message saying you have 10s to runway. All I've actual done in the save was leave the vault and go to the raiders camping in the woods near by do I need to progress in the story a little first before using this mod.

7 minutes ago, DCPDDP said:

Well I got half of it to work after smashing my face against a wall to let out some frustration (mainly from RL work BS sorry if I seemed toxic earlier some of clients i have to work with really piss me off). I uninstalled everything and started over installing everything back. My only issue now seems to be I surrender the enemy taunt me about making my life hell than my character stand up and I get a message saying you have 10s to runway. All I've actual done in the save was leave the vault and go to the raiders camping in the woods near by do I need to progress in the story a little first before using this mod.

Does not the animation start? Remember to start Fallout 4 through F4SE.exe, which must be installed in your main folder of Fallout4.

11 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Circling back... My bad.

I thought Bad End was the bondage animations, but after getting curious, I looked at the mod itself and see that it is something much different. I think I could possibly do something with this. I'll chew on it for the week and see how best to fit it into my already jam-packed support for external mods (or if it would just be too much).

It would be fantastic. As a "fun" before the abduction, while the fatal ones could be a consequence of an failed escape attempt.

@Flashy (JoeR)

Morning... I was thinking of the various outcomes you have as a result of the CSA.  Realizing the abductions have not been integrated yet, perhaps not too early to consider?

What I am thinking is this... you as the player get defeated.  You are female.  You get the rolled chnace of assault.  You get the DD and keys stolen.  Maybe you get the roll of abduction.  

You are spirited away and held for x number of days.  Maybe you can escape... most likely not. You go through the x number of days.  You resist (stats and dominance affected by your answers) of course the beatings (maybe expand those) ...

So getting to the end of my idea, when you get the DD keys stolen, you also get condoms and contraceptive pills stolen.  Integration with your version, or ego's, family planning...

The thought is if you get village bicycles around,  abducted, and assaulted for a day or 5 or whatever, without condoms or ability to take the pill, the outcome is pregnancy. 

Just a thought.

John

15 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Im going to look into all bug reports tonight - that is my goal today - squash the little fuckers.

I've added this issue to the whiteboard.

1. I think this is again a function of the combat state not removing - I'll add some redundant code to force combat state away.

2a. DDs are always applied after sexual assault because sexual assault with them is wonky at best.

2b. I will add "unequip equipped weapon" code and remove combat state before applied.

3. Ive heard that from a few people and Im not sure what causes it - I will look at it, but the MCM is a separate plugin and Im not sure I can fix it.

4. I dont use DD, so tell me please, how many different keys are there? Or is it a one-key-unlocks-all kind of thing (which would be easiest to accomodate).

Unequiping weapons before DD equip will solve the fists out or the locked gun issue. It is the biggest issue with Devious Wastland and the cause of this.

Great move @Flashy (JoeR)