brother in law talk

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

i don't know what his motive, i spent quality time with him today and my sister idk all sudden he take me go shopping for Christmas , so he talk to me about career etc [ which i mentioned him about being a jorunalist because thats only job i can work without using my voice that much] .. its first time i ever get know him hes pretty cool then suddenly out in a blue he gave me money because i wanted that game so hard which has 4 dvds total 128$ overall box set so i get one , is he trying to spoil me so he can get married fast on my family or he just idk , im like thats too much he already helped me alot but what i wanted to know his is motives in my entire life nobody really gave me that much money i dont know why i just tell that paticular floor on the shopping centre in los angeles has like pretty cheap deals like that game i wanted there's two floors sell same shit upper floor sells like 129$ bucks WTF... then i go down which less then that he went like u had pretty good eye on budget game even me i had to go through buying shit that cost me 259$....

so i dont know is it me or he just wanted to make me happy so i can convinced my sister to marry him or just he try to act cool and be a jerk lol.

It's hard to say, I don't know how long they've been together. If they're a recent couple, that could explain it. It does seem like he's trying too hard, but then I don't know his financial situation. Is he particularly well off? Maybe tossing down $128 isn't that big a deal to him. If they're not married, he's not yet your brother-in-law and he might be trying really hard to make a good impression. Remember, yours is the family of someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with. It's may not be bribery, but more a way of saying, "Hey, I'm in love with this woman and I want her to be my wife, which means entering into this family, so here's something you want because I want us to be friends."

I've had boyfriends in the past do this with my family. My current boyfriend isn't made of money, but he does his best to ingratiate himself to my parents and siblings when we're together. This year he made Origami Christmas ornaments for everyone, and they're adorable (and affordable!). It's not that he's pretending to be a good person, he totally is. It's just that when you're with your loved one's family you tend to be on your best behavior and do what you think will make them happy. Maybe your sister's boyfriend saw that you wanted this game set and he just wanted to make you happy.

The real acid test is in how he acts about everything else. If he's just throwing money around like it's chicken feed but doesn't bother with being nice, then something's up. If he genuinely cares about her, and about her family by extension, then he'll show it in other, smaller ways. Watch how he treats people, especially strangers. That will tell you more than anything. I don't know specifics, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like this. He still has to earn trust and respect like anyone else, but everyone deserves a grace period.

Archived