(the old non-CBG/FNIS) Dragon Vore KillMove Replacer

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Heya, I'm currently studying animation and I want to see if I can help with the anmations. However, when I tried opening the 3DS file, I ran into some issues and it ultimately ended with the file not being able to be opened. Any idea on what's causing that?

Also, what type of 3DS MAX did you use? If I recall, 3DS is awfully fussy about what version you use...

7 hours ago, OnlyHereToSuggestThings said:

Then I'll run into some trouble then... The oldest version I can get is 2019. As for the Havok tools, I'm not exactly sure where to look for those, any clue?

only max 2010 & 2012 will work for skyrim animations (and the only way to get them is to "sail under the black flag" ) , Havok can still be found on Softpedia

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:11 PM, MadMansGun said:

only max 2010 & 2012 will work for skyrim animations (and the only way to get them is to "sail under the black flag" ) , Havok can still be found on Softpedia

Checking through my export settings in Maya, I may have just come up with an idea.

You could try sending the dragon and base character models as a .fbx file, then I could import them into my copy of Maya, make an animation and export it with a hopefully compatible .fbx format. The oldest format I can export in is FBX 2006, then FBX 2009, followed by 2010.

exportformats.png.5b54313f6f0252623a37ac48680f7938.png

You'll still have to do some tweaking on your end in 3DS MAX if you still have your 2010 copy, but hopefully the idea can work. I'll also test my .fbx export with my copy MAX 2019, see if it'll either be OK to use or bugged as Hell.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

fbx is hit & miss, and it's mostly miss.

vore animation.FBX 8.81 MB · 0 downloads

I see what you mean. Tried importing into Maya, found the meshes loaded mostly unbound from the skeletons and it stated some nodes had illegal names, and removed them (thanks Maya, ya git). Tried importing into 3DS, the meshes are bound to the skeletons but are invisible, only showing in wireframe views. I'm so going to have a feild day with this, gonna admit...

Edit: it's the meshes Maya doesn't like.

Edited by OnlyHereToSuggestThings
On 8/12/2021 at 6:40 PM, MadMansGun said:

fbx is hit & miss, and it's mostly miss.

vore animation.FBX 8.81 MB · 7 downloads

Fiddling around with the animation between Maya and 3DS, I think it would be best if I had a clean slate... Would it be possible to send me just the models and skeletons, without the animations, completely zeroed out? I think it's the only way of getting Maya to better accept the file, and saying 3DS' animation tools are archaic would be polite, will admit...

1 hour ago, OnlyHereToSuggestThings said:

the models

that's just stock skyrim meshes.

1 hour ago, OnlyHereToSuggestThings said:

skeletons

....that's a bit harder to do, the killmove skeleton is actually 2 skeletons in 1 and does not exist in nif form.

i think the max file i used came from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49311?

give me some time to see if i can reproduce a nif version.

• 8 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 7:09 PM, thechimpo said:

Would someone be able to please help me figure out how to get a freecam during the killmove animation?

Not sure if this will help, but there is a console option to do a freecam that I've used to take screen shots for promo images.

When the dragon does the kill move (whether its on your character or an NPC) open console and type 'tfc 1'

This freezes the game (pauses everything) and makes it so you can use WASD to move the camera around freely anywhere you like.  Now grab your screen shot and done.

Don't want to freeze the action... then just use 'tfc' without the '1' at the end and you get the freecam but the action doesn't stop.

Not sure if that's what you wanted but hope it helps.  Its been darn handy for me getting some nice screen shots of some NPCs for Prettier Bandits (its how I got the close up of Eisa while she was in a fight)

On 4/11/2020 at 2:26 PM, staspidaras said:

Are there any ways to increase the chance of getting the lasthit from the dragon with killmove?

Try a mod called VioLens, then under the Creature Kills moves, boost that, that *should* increase the chance of a dragon doing its bite kill move (along with every other creature in the game).  Note the chance a dragon kill move in melee or ranged is your chance to do a kill move on the dragon, not the dragons chance for a kill move.

An my favorite feature, turn of ranged and magic kill moves entirely because they don't do anything and the "magic kill move" not only does nothing it wastes magicka (cause you continue to burn magicka during the slow mo scene, which can burn through it all leaving you with nothing).

Props to @MadMansGun for making an animation that should have been in the base game.  If you ever get those scripts done to round it out, it'll be awesome.  ?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

not likely to happen, too much of my time has been wasted trying to make this stupid thing work, i have already asked others for help but no one can or will make a working script. the last one took my work for there own project and gave nothing in return and treated a fellow modder like shit, so quite frankly i'm feeling burned out (yet again) from modding as a hole.

I understand... also may I ask one more thing? Are there any mods that can conflict with the animation? Because when it starts the "victim" clips through the head of the dragon and is like offset of off the mouth. I´ve seen only once this animation played correctly, but Im not kind of sure if it was because of the angle in which the animation was played, or if I were just lucky. Thank you for your time spent on this. Have a good one ?

Spoiler

uFZh3j.jpg

looks like i spoke too soon, i got a script to sort of work, not perfect but at least it runs.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:07 PM, ooooofj35b said:

Because when it starts the "victim" clips through the head of the dragon and is like offset of off the mouth. I´ve seen only once this animation played correctly, but Im not kind of sure if it was because of the angle in which the animation was played, or if I were just lucky. Thank you for your time spent on this. Have a good one

that is due to actor scale/height, many player races are not "1.00", Eg: high elves will look terrible because they are the tallest race, and female Khajiit may end up in the lower jaw due to them being short.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally was able to get swallowed by a dragon ?

I liked the animation - very fun!

And it still worked even though I also have the "Dragons Can Absorb Your Soul" mod.

I first got swallowed, and then somehow I must have fell through the dragon's body and had the dragon absorb my soul (and turn me into a skeleton afterwords).

Come to think of it, there might be a conflict, but its a FUN conflict!

Thanks for the mod.  ?

43 minutes ago, werdnana said:

would it be possible for you to make the move turn prey into ash? not sure if thats possible, but its less immersion breaking

technically that's what the script should be doing...only without the ash mesh:

Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, string asEventName)	
	if (akSource == Dragon) && (asEventName == "KillMoveStart") && Dragon.GetFlyingState() == 0
		Food.SetScale(1.0)
	elseif (akSource == Dragon) && (asEventName == "KillMoveEnd") && Dragon.GetFlyingState() == 0
		aaaDragonsFeast.cast(Dragon)
		If Food.IsDead() ; to make sure the right actor is getting removed and not the next still living target or someone that killed the dragon
			Food.RemoveAllItems(Dragon, abKeepOwnership = false, abRemoveQuestItems = true)
			Food.SetCriticalStage(Food.CritStage_DisintegrateEnd)
			if Food == PlayerRef
				Game.SetCameraTarget(Dragon)
			endif
		endif
	endif
EndEvent

"CritStage_DisintegrateEnd" should be removing the body, but it's only working sometimes.

Edited by MadMansGun