Age of empires III Gold edition Review

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

2012 13 December " Bullshit no doomsday fuck you harold bitchping"

age-of-empires-iii-freegamezcity.jpg

" Excuse my hostility towards mr camping there, just need to spark a lil anger of that old tard that's need to die , anyway don't you just love old games"

Hello's Guys and gals today i have very special Post and review , why special review this game "Age of empires " by ensemble studios the only game that i enjoyed , prepare for a big one cuz i'm gonna cover whole heap load of age of empires and what is it about , to the new fans don't worry you will enjoy the same experience that this game has, if we ever had AGE OF EMPIRES IV with cool looking graphics it's still the same AOE we know and by the same company ensemble studios is still active on the scene , So far no word for new release.

When this game hits PC platform it blew me away how massive it was , if i looked at Starcaft Brood war " Man that shit is too inferior now" and i can look at how much this game evolved with tons of mods that's already populating AOE site , if i compare this to civilization ehmm let me see Civilization used to be addicting Strategy thanks to my brother who get me into this kind of game when im still in high school between that ever since AOE came out we become rivals and debate which game are awosome and we both left out starcraft for this between CVZ series and AOE , infact i did make mods for the game but my old computer lost in limbo hard-rive failing too much and force me to throw that under Los angeles bridge ...

" Epic PC kill "

anyway many years later.... exactly before 12 december hits i go to the store and how lucky me 2 copies left [gold edition ] yeah why i aimed this because i had corei5 and i can play ENB mods with it , i went nuts on it 9 dollars " Wow that's a steal" Bestbuy rocks! , yeah so many shithead made fun of bestbuy but hey 9 dollars for gold edition better then friggin walmart that sells 23 dollars WTF!... well it's used copies thats why but its still under good condition so thats another bonus.

so what includes GOLD edition [OEM] , it includes Age of empires posters , manual , 3 disc age of empires, 2 disc set expansion pack and random serial keys . thats it , took me 10 seconds unboxing it 3 hours to fix the installation on windows 7 god damnit!!, so i boot the game and the game runs so fast it made me puke , its so smooth as heck even i installed the HD mood its still runs 120 fps on a ati card ....

Yeeeesh ... i don't know how to explain smoothness on this game same with red alert 3 on that game i got 90 fps - 110 fps going fast and the game crashed >.> jesus christ .. remember kids corei5 is too fast for old games like this and the game that came out 2011-2010 on that year corei5 pc dominate fps department im just scared everytime i boot aoe its really fast i had to download resolution mod and play 1200 XX resolution that worked on slowing the game down.

other then that its an RTS game so you expect this game is bug free which yes it is bug free but the enemy is too strong ensemble studio has 1.4 patch that decreases couple of units.

anyway is it worth after reading this yes, it's worth your money alot if you have another secondary windows xp which on pentium 4 and meet requirement i say install the game on that , if u run this on 2012 built computer that shit will overkill the game itself alone with super high enb doesn't work to slow down the game...

story of my life.

I think AOE 3 is one of the first new generation RTS I've played.

I still play it alot with roommates and sometimes with oversea friends using connection softwares, its a great game and its so LAN friendly. The AI scales a bit weird, on Hard-Expert they become ridiculous and almost unbeatable haha (I said "almost").

Overall its a very simple game in terms of RTS, and the expansions only added to the fun factor of it. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

PS, if anyone still gets annoying version mismatch errors, I recommend:

Install AOE

Install Asian Dynasties

Install Warchief

Start the game using Agey.exe (the AD executable)

Under tools, select update game

If you do it in this order it seems you won't get an annoying mismatch error.

Guest Lady Luck

I think AOE 3 is one of the first new generation RTS I've played.

I still play it alot with roommates and sometimes with oversea friends using connection softwares' date=' its a great game and its so LAN friendly. The AI scales a bit weird, on Hard-Expert they become ridiculous and almost unbeatable haha (I said "almost").

Overall its a very simple game in terms of RTS, and the expansions only added to the fun factor of it. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

PS, if anyone still gets annoying version mismatch errors, I recommend:

Install AOE

Install Asian Dynasties

Install Warchief

Start the game using Agey.exe (the AD executable)

Under tools, select update game

If you do it in this order it seems you won't get an annoying mismatch error.

[/quote']

well lucky me i got whole disc set without no error even when its used product , but i spot a little scratch thank god the latest update didn't have to use disc so that's a life savor.

im getting digital copy of Age of mythology gold edition soon .. i havent played that in ages, good thing microsoft game studios has the digital download, it's still quite large ...

Ah, good old AOM, its always funny to see Minotaurs chucking enemy guys around haha I haven't played THAT in even more Ages (pun intended).

Honestly I haven't touched a RTS since those days, when online communities weren't filled with little 12 year old spoiled shitheads but intellegent people who just want to play some games and have some fun.

Ahh the good'ol days QQ

EDIT: By version mismatch, I mean when you play with someone else who also has all the expansions online or with LAN. This game is also EXTREMELY sensitive to firewalls and antivirus, even if it is allowed through the firewall it still might not connect. Just some tips I found while playing with buddies.

Guest Lady Luck

Ah' date=' good old AOM, its always funny to see Minotaurs chucking enemy guys around haha I haven't played THAT in even more Ages (pun intended).

Honestly I haven't touched a RTS since those days, when online communities weren't filled with little 12 year old spoiled shitheads but intellegent people who just want to play some games and have some fun.

Ahh the good'ol days QQ

EDIT: By version mismatch, I mean when you play with someone else who also has all the expansions online or with LAN. This game is also EXTREMELY sensitive to firewalls and antivirus, even if it is allowed through the firewall it still might not connect. Just some tips I found while playing with buddies.

[/quote']

its pretty rare to find actualy oem copy i found out microsoft stickers on the game its second udpate 1.2 patch which firewalls doesnt exist back then that detect sensetitivy game until they patched aom and age of empire both to 1.4-.7.

Archived