Crying/Emotional distress stats and animations

Howdy Doody all

I keep on finding that the commonwealth is too damn cheery, like hell, if you woke up in nuclear post apocalypse,  with your spouse murdered, you are constantly under stress from raiders/mutants/death claws/radscorpions  (fuck these guys seriously), you would not just simply jump around cheerily with no avail, with no time to simply mourn and emotionally vent the utterly depressing situation you are currently in. I find times where people, while strong in the moment of combat or danger, need to emotionally vent afterwards to set their minds back on track. 

As such i propose an emotional vent framework. Stats such as time in combat, damage taken, enemies killed, all should stack as an emotional toll, slowly giving de-buffs similar to withdrawals, until some time is given by the player to find a corner and vent through either anger, sadness or silence. Accompanying animations would really sell the experience  for me.

Either way, making the player have these emotional bouts may bring a little more humanity to them, and sell the horrors that exist in the commonwealth today.

Any ideas or comments please feel free to discuss, I would love to elaborate on it. 

Archived