Version:Initial Release

Date:08/13/2012

Category:Armour

Description:

------------

This is a retexture of Exnems Warrior Glass Replacer

Detail:

-------

I retextured The great Exnems Warrior Glass Armor to be see-through. this also involved some

mesh-editing aswell as adding alphachannel to the nodes.

History:

--------

sometime 2012: Made this for myself

08.12.2012 Initial Release

Upgrade:

--------

just install the new package whenever i release one.

Known Issues and Bugs:

----------------------

not very much tested yet.[

Incompatibilities:

------------------

other Glass Armor Replacers

--------

just write me in here

Credits:

--------

eXnem for the great armor :-)

Manual installation:

--------------------

(be sure to make a backup of "Data/Meshes/Armor/Glass" and if present "Data/Textures/Armor/

Warriorglass" just to be safe.)

just copy the contents of the "DATA" folder into your Oblivion Data folder and overwrite when

prompted.

Tools Used:

-----------

[*]NifScope

[*]Photoshop

[*]7Zip

Mod Dependencies:

-----------------

You'll definitely need HGEC compatible Textures and BBB compatible Bodyreplacer or this will

look very odd.

Future Plans:

-------------

maybe someone may want to make BreakUndies/BreakArmor stages for this one.

Legal and Licensing:

--------------------

DO whatever you want, as long as you mention exnem and me ;-)

------------------------------------------

ReadMe generated with: Pyròs: GuideLines

------------------------------------------

and some pictures:

(i will add ingame screenshots later)

post-40079-13597881454321_thumb.jpg

post-40079-13597881455126_thumb.jpg

and The File:

DeadSomethings Glass Replacer BBB.7z

hehe ^^ sure... well, this is a glass armor, i liked the looks of this green glass, but i thought it should be see-though so i just made it :)

i didnt have much luck with the shoes/helmet/gloves yet, so i didnt include them... at least i guess i didnt...

so this is the cuirass and greaves with all the needed textures, directly replacing the vanilla glass armor.

• 3 weeks later...

Would you take a good screenshot for me? Wanna include this in my pack.

Because.. someone wants the bu version of clear glass replacers.

====

Edit

Ok, I tried this in game.

This looks like some plastic.. vinyl cloth rather than glass. cool!

But you need to remove unused textures, change some wrong texture path or include the right textures.

• 10 months later...

Did you add any NiAlphaproperty's to the armor? If you did that might be the cause of it. Sometimes armors will appear invisible disappear reappear depending on the direction you are looking at it from the type of light if you are using a ENB that might also cause the armor to go invisible. I have had armors/outfits go invisible before when using a ENB and that is because of adding the NiAlphaProperty to the armor/outfit to make a modified spot disappear..

I was modifying a shirt and shorts awhile back I added NiAlphaProperty to the shirt and modified that then I wanted to just trim the shorts down so that they matched where I trimmed the shirt to but once I added a NiAlphaproperty to the pants to start making my cut to trim them the the shirt which is above it and everything from the shirt that was cut out was making the half of the shorts invisible. So I ended up only modifying the top and not the bottoms as the bottoms would of had to of been mostly cut off to hide the invisible parts. 

yes, adding NiAlphaproperty is the only way to add transparency to a texture that i know of.

as you might already have guessed, the screenshots i put into the first post are from nifskope.

also i used that on quite much stuff without any of those bugs - and i'm not using ENB.

i put quite some time into this project and was very disappointed when i started the game and went to the testinghall to see the results :(

does this only happen when two meshes with NiAlphaproperty are above eachother?

can someone please test if he/she also has this error with this piece of armor?

btw: what is the Node property that makes a mesh textured from both sides?

Yes if you have something that is layered like a shirt and pants outfit and you add a NiAlphaProperty to the shirt and modify the bottom part and if it touches the pants and you add a NiAlphaProperty to the pants chances are the modified part of the shirt that is touching the pants will make that part of the pants invisible. I also forgot a invisible armor piece could also mean a missing mesh.

Where is the BA download located at I could download it and see it is happening in my game?

it's included in the BreakArmorVanilla omod. i only checked the "unbroken" version (armorhealth 100%). and yes, the meshes are overlapping and it appears as if they completely vanished - even the parts of that mesh that dont overlap.

also the fixed meshes by movomo have the same issue.

maybe i dont know enough about the alphaproperty and set a wrong variable.

It's hard to say some items just don't work well or there is something that is needed to be added to it sometimes it depends on a ENB's sunlight even what direction you are facing. Take Growlfs armor set the set has 4 or so glass dresses in it. I have done nothing to the dress at all.

First picture is looking at it in a certain angle in a certain direction sun is behind my player.post-25667-0-37710000-1385941638_thumb.jpg the next ones the camera angle is changed post-25667-0-03403400-1385941756_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-06444700-1385941771_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-02048400-1385941785_thumb.jpg does this last one look familiar to the last threepost-25667-0-12281700-1385941887_thumb.jpg yeap sure does if you look at the pictures it looks like he took the mermaid tail and made the glass armor around it hence why you see scale a design in the dress where the armor has almost become invisible.

It's a common problem. Overlapping transparent layers isn't a good idea. It can be solved if you join them into a single object and adjust the rendering priority. At the same time, Oblivion does not accept multiple materials in one object. Which may be a trouble for this armor.

btw: what is the Node property that makes a mesh textured from both sides?

That should be the NiStencilProperty. Right-click on the mesh in question, select 'Node > Attach Property > NiStencilProperty'.

Fejeena told me about this some time ago.

Since then I have fixed lots of files with this Nif-ty property which were suffering from the annoying effect of one-sided transparency/invisibility.

thanks for the explanation :)

the overlapping armorparts(shapes) are actually one node in the nif, so i can't just delete one of the shapes and fix it that way.

i'ts the armorparts on the upperlegs that consists of two plates of glass.

when in nifskope they show as they should, but ingame they dont appear transparent or anything, they dont show up at all.

Are the mesh and texture paths the same if the mesh has the wrong folder path it may cause it to not show up. I was recently going through GSBmodders mods and had a mod that wouldn't render in nifskope upon checking the folder path against the texture paths in the nif I saw that they were incorrect but once I switched the texture paths to that of the folder path the outfit rendered. So it might be as simple as that it's worth a look.