I completely broke my game...

Hey guys, so a couple weeks ago I completely fucked up.  While cleaning my games cache files I accidentally selected my mods folder as well and ended up deleting well over half my mods.  I unfortunately never backed up this folder.  I've spent a lot of time tracking down a lot of mods and transferring some that I couldn't find from my old computer.  I've gotten to the point where most my sims are back intact CC wise, however my game itself is basically completely broken.  When I first started it up, I couldn't click on the any sims or objects, however I could shift click anything and had full use of the lower sim menus.  I exported my favorite sims and reinstalled them to see if i could get them to work.  It kind of helped, I can now click on my sims themselves and manipulate them that way, but besides that, i still cant click on other sims or objects. I ended up getting my sims to go through a whole kinky sequence.  I clicked one sim to have him start and then the other to be in the same room. they autonomously went at it. the sims have free will and go around doing there business as they should, i just cant control them fully.  does anyone have any tips or tricks that could get my sims game back up and running normally again?  I tried going to sims 4, it's nice but it lacks a lot.   I feel as though you cant create a story line like you can on sims 3.  My next move is to get rid of all my saves and try adding them to a new world that way.  If that doesn't work I'm contemplating deleting all my mods besides Nraas and kinkyworld in hopes that my sims will keep there CC via exporting and reinstalling through the launcher.  I would really love to resurrect my game but so far its looking kind of doubtful.  Thanks in advance guys, Figured id add a picture to show the two I'm trying to save lol!

Screenshot-336.jpg

I don't have any specific help to offer, but I do recall having issues where the menus on sims weren't responding well, and it turned out to be conflicting mods.

My standard recommendation for debugging mod issues is to use a kind of "sieve" technique:

• Make a folder to hold questionable mods, outside of your game folder. This will hold "disabled" mods during the testing.
  • Move all but a few mods to the disabled folder
  • Testing cycle
    • Load the game and see if the issue is present
    • If it is not present, move half of the remaining mods from the questionable folder into your game, and test out the current set
      • Some mods require others, for example, the nraas story progression add-ons require the base story progression and will crash the game without it, so make sure you don't add those in without including the required mods
    • If the issue is present
      • remove half the mods that you added since the last test where the issue wasn't present
      • if you only added one mod, you have found the problem mod -- look for an updated version, or if there is a known conflict with another mod, or if there is an alternative, or finally if it is a mod that you can live without
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived