[Tutorial] Converting outfits to SSE CBBE BodySlide

docteure

I already posted this a while back in Nexus Wiki and Nexus

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24153

However might post it here as well in case didn't know, and since there's some request thread here for SSE CBBE outfit conversion. This might help some users who want to convert outfit themselves. Also, due to numbers of outfit available there, and if you're desperate, best to start learn instead of asking people to convert. They have real life too :)

I was totally noob as well, so "this is too difficult for me" reason doesn't make sense imo. You need to try and start from simple outfit (like bikini), and you'll get used to it in no time!

Happy to help if you have question(s) not covered in the guide. However I don't use HDT-SMP so can't help with that.

If you want to remove HDT High Heels dependency, you can watch this video by ousnius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1DTLs6FKA

Credit to SunJeong, ousnius, and oeliza for being my teachers.

Outfit Conversion Tutorial - docteur87 and Jeir.pdf

3 hours ago, docteur87 said:

This updated tutorial has explanation for tweaking sliders and bone weight so hopefully it's useful.

If it has all info maybe I can use all of it and you can post it on your page and this post!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently often try and erroer body slide and out-fit studio.  I think it seems work for most of case,, but sometimes I miss important step,

or did un-necessary thing,,, 

(eg there is  "hidden" slider for CBBE special body part, and it set as 100 percent, default. but I did not notice it,, then after make new-slider,,

and add new weight,, I  just apply conform all to confirm.   it cause bad deform about the special part. in body-slider,,and generate mesh.

It took long time to find the reason,, where I mistake)

So any clear tutorial from veteran  is really welcom.    I must download this and play..

one thing I often feel difficult,, which type cloth or item,, , we need not  eference body mesh when generate?  

About physics work,, I suppose most of case we need to attach reference body too.. but is there case, we need not or we should not?  

Hi docleure I hope if you can add how to edit body (out-fit is almost same) of out-fit studio, in another apricaiton, (blender or 3ds max)

and re-import and overwrite reference body,, or slider data when it need. 

why I asked it I hope to tell clear way,, but I almost forget each detail step.. (as for me I am blender user)

unfortuantely, there are many documents for each modding tool (CK, or nif-scope) but correct and detail document to  edit out-fit studio data in another aprication (reference body, out-fit, and each slider data)  for new users. 

It enhance a lot for modding.  (recently many skyrim user may install out-fit studio, but they do not know how edit  data in other aprication)

can you show some simple step,, (untill export to another 3d apricaiton, (then edit by themself), and re-import and overwrite projects? 

(I hope to give a guide for user who may hope to know, ,but I could not,, I can not confirm my way is correct,, and hope to know how yours edit

out-fit studio data, in another aprication.. with clear words)

On 9/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, greenmango12 said:

Hi docleure I hope if you can add how to edit body (out-fit is almost same) of out-fit studio, in another apricaiton, (blender or 3ds max)

and re-import and overwrite reference body,, or slider data when it need. 

why I asked it I hope to tell clear way,, but I almost forget each detail step.. (as for me I am blender user)

unfortuantely, there are many documents for each modding tool (CK, or nif-scope) but correct and detail document to  edit out-fit studio data in another aprication (reference body, out-fit, and each slider data)  for new users. 

It enhance a lot for modding.  (recently many skyrim user may install out-fit studio, but they do not know how edit  data in other aprication)

can you show some simple step,, (untill export to another 3d apricaiton, (then edit by themself), and re-import and overwrite projects? 

(I hope to give a guide for user who may hope to know, ,but I could not,, I can not confirm my way is correct,, and hope to know how yours edit

out-fit studio data, in another aprication.. with clear words)

I only use Blender to make it higher poly
I don't quite understand what you mean by editing body...
Most of outfit conversion can be done in Outfit Studio.

You only need 3rd party software(s) for some cases (like, editing mesh to make it higher poly, or editing textures to make it compatible with SSE format)

For mesh:
- Open Outfit Studio, select the mesh you want and export as obj.
- Open 3rd party software, import the obj, do whatever you need, then export again as obj.
- Open Outfit Studio, import the obj, do whatever you need, then save project as described in my guide.

5 hours ago, docteure said:

You only need 3rd party software(s) for some cases (like, editing mesh to make it higher poly, or editing textures to make it compatible with SSE format)

For mesh:
- Open Outfit Studio, select the mesh you want and export as obj.
- Open 3rd party software, import the obj, do whatever you need, then export again as obj.
- Open Outfit Studio, import the obj, do whatever you need, then save project as described in my guide.

Thanks,  I meant " edit slider data, or add new morph sliders for clothing",  customize body mesh to add collision virtual mesh,,  edit default out-fit shape about details, (remove gap) like this topic.. remove gap with hands etc.   without change wieght-map .  

why I asked it,, I hope to tell way to edit slider-data,, and original (non-slider value) body mesh , to remove UUNP tiny gaps.  (of this topic) when askied. 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/111105-cbpc-cbp-physics-with-collisions-for-sse-and-vr/

(I showed uunp LE gap body and hadns mesh, to tell why I choose CBBE, and hoped to tell how to modify)

after all  I could remember how export then edit and re-import mesh with blender 2.7, (after I asked here, check again what I did before)

about new blender 2.8 I do not know reason, but when re-export mesh , to edit slider data,, it everytime show erroer,, (different vert value for slider)

with 2.7  I had no issue.  

One thing I still not clear understand,, about mesh which need not edit weight-map, but just need to change vertex postion,

then overwrite the project out-fit or reference mesh.. I thought if I could just overwrite without use slider,,  but out-fit stuido seems not have option,

to overwrite mesh position.with import.   so I make new slider.. then if there were more simple way, or option. just ovewrite verts postion when import.

Archived