This game looks promising...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReckoningTheGame#p/u/0/9IGAJdi0spU

possible dragon age killer' date=' methinks.

[/quote']

Wow, it looks interesting. I never heard of this game so thanks for the heads up. On a slightly different note, I think Dragon's Dogma will be a worthy competitor to the Dragon Age franchise. (No, I'm not saying this to hate on Dragon Age. In fact, I like the series. I own the Ultimate Edition and will soon be buying Dragon Age 2.)

Well yea Dragon Age killed it self with Dragon Age 2

(Game was bad but playable, designed for consoles and had nothing to do with previous Dragon Age and had like 4 locations...YES 4 LOCATIONS IN WHOLE GAME.

Dungeons where Copy/Paste without changing anything. )

So making quests was just boring, all characters where hitting on player.

No mather if you played Male Hawke and tried to seduce Merill or Isabella.

That gay emo elf would still say your are flirting with him no matter what option you picked :D

Same with that possesed mage. (Hmm I remember all crew from Origins but not few companions from DA 2... already says something about game )

Bah this game was so bad that dudes from Bioware started to write "reviews " on metacritic and gave it 10/10

whil The Witcher 2 got 1/10 from them.

Someone found that out and posted on Bioware Social.. of course they started to delete those topic right away.

And about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

It really looks good, for sure it's gonna be better game than Dragon Age 2 so let's sit and wait for new info about this game and gameplays ^^

(Game was bad but playable' date=' designed for consoles and had nothing to do with previous Dragon Age and had like 4 locations...YES 4 LOCATIONS IN WHOLE GAME.

That gay emo elf would still say your are flirting with him no matter what option you picked :D

Same with that possesed mage. (Hmm I remember all crew from Origins but not few companions from DA 2... already says something about game )

Bah this game was so bad that dudes from Bioware started to write "reviews " on metacritic and gave it 10/10

Someone found that out and posted on Bioware Social.. of course they started to delete those topic right away.

It really looks good, for sure it's gonna be better game than Dragon Age 2 so let's sit and wait for new info about this game and gameplays ^^

[/quote']

Just lost even more respect from Bioware. ME3 better deliver!

I agree totally on DA2 being a fail. Combat is more "twitch" but it looses that classic RPG feel and It doesn't feel right. The graphics were terrible and bland, and charactesrs sucked. There was no decent romance options (for men), you either could choose from a she-man-woman, a frail bony elf, and a ton of homosexuals (no offense, but wtf). And before anyone goes yelling "what about Isabella!" well no thanks, I don't want my character to have STD's and even if there weren't any, I'm not the guy who enjoys romancing sleezy women.

Nvm that though, this game looks interesting.

Nope I was playing PC version and it was still very crappy.

Xbox 360 version was even worse.

That's why PC version got 4.2/10 from players on metacritic while

X360 had like 2/10

And there is no diffrence between X360 and PC (expect Graphic )

Dragon Age 2 was fail same with DLC they just released. (3/10, 4/10 )

Im only hoping that those lowe scores and bad games are becasue of main work goes to Mass Effect 3...

O yea they also said that Dragon Age 3 will be done released in 2012... >.<

Not completely sold on the action combat they're raving about, I wish more action RPGs played like Demon's Souls, or would go over the top, Devil May Cry-style, but still, this looks active enough.

World also looks great and very large and the devs seem very passionate about this game, definitely has me interested.

• 3 months later...

Thought it was a good idea to bring this game back up into discussion since the demo is now available on Origin and Steam. The demo consists of the beginning quest and 45 minutes of free play.

I will say the game is pretty good. The combat is fun but the camera can be tricky, even when talking with others. I hope to try out different roles and see what combinations are possible.

This Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning does look interesting. I'll have to check out the demo. It kinda looks Fable'ish with its more cartoonish graphics, but with actual gameplay (lol). The big question though will be if its open to modding.

As much as I'd like to rant about how terrible DA2 was I'll hold back, otherwise I'll be typing all day. Needless to say I hated it. :P

Without me turning this into a gigantic flamewar, I agree with everything you just said HanPL. I do hope that ME3 will redeem bioware, I really, hopefully do hope. But...I see the cancerous touch of EA already. Anyway, I find this kinda interesting...might wait on the critic scores to see what's what though. Would be nice to have something that will hold me until march. :P

When I played the demo I played it 2 times.

the 2nd time I made a female assassin and the pervert side of me just had to check the underwear.

And the model looks very nice. too bad GVZ is gone. They did nude mods for like everything.

One of the modders started a site here: http://www.sr3nexus.com/forum.php

But there's not really anything in the other sections yet. There's a request for this game already.

So....single player WOW?

Not saying that as a bad thing, I always kind of wanted that game.

Might be a bit of an antidote to the "realism" aspired to in Skyrim, a bit of overt cartoon fantasy.

I'll play, looks good.

*EDIT*

wait, I just saw the combat system....I'll pass on this one.

Dragon Age 2 destroyed a small part of me. I spent a month crafting the perfect playthrough of Origins to carry through, every conversation choice made to add more content, since DA2 would supposedly delve deep into your save. I agonized over choices. Then, I spent months impatiently waiting for the game to come, barely able to hold interest in other games or entertainments, and finally the day came...

...and I got an action RPG with enemies spawning en mass from thin air like ninjas, long drawn out anime style combat, unlikable characters (aside from one or two), repeated enviroments, a story advertised as a 'rise to power' in which the main character is actually little more than a highly skilled spectator who ends up with nothing, and all the best bits of Origins ripped out. Fenris earns a special mention, going back to my 'anime styled' point, in that he is the typical white-haired, efeminate character with a 'cool' voice, skinny body, tragic past and a sword almost as big as him. And I actually liked him more than your siblings, mother, and... well, a lot of the cast. The only companions I actually liked were Merril, Anders-in-name-only, Varic, and the soldier woman whose name escapes me, and the only other characters I liked or even remember were cameos from Origins.

I kind of have to thank Bioware however. Dragon Age 2 was the last game that had me so eager to play it that I was practically obsessed. Before it, there was usually one game a year that did that to me. Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, and such. The turd that DA2 was broke that.

I've been perfectly calm and practically disinterested in many game releases since then that I would have been frothing over. Skyrim and SW:TOR come immediatly to mind.

Mass Effect 3, as far as I know, has a different dev team so i'm not too worried - but while I look forwards to seeing how it ends the series, i'm not playing as many space themed shooters as I can find to sooth an overpowering itch for it. Thats what I was doing by about this point before ME2's release, and that was the 'middle child'. The filler chapter, and it was well known before release. I'm enjoying TOR, NV and Skyrim instead. So... yeah. I'm kinda thankful DA2 was so shit in hindsight. It was the game that finally put gaming into perspective for me, turned it from a lifestyle into a hobby.

On topic, i've never heard of that game - i'll have to look into it, thanks for posting it. Sorry, my main reason for posting was DA2 was mentioned, and its one of my gaming berserk buttons at this point.

So I've sat down and played the demo of this thing and I have to say it really is alot like Fable. Using a control pad the game played near exactly the same.

I havent decided if this is a good or bad thing yet. I did like the Fable games, particularly Fable II, though III was dissapointingly dumbed down.

KoA:Reckoning (that title is mouthfull) does seem to have a more expansive leveling system than the Fable games with quite a nice looking range of skills. Its actually kind of comparable to skyrim's in some areas. It also has blacksmithing, alchemy and enchanting like Skyrim.

I'm just not really sold on the look of it all. Its all just a bit too cartoony, even more bright and colourful than the fable games I think. I was never a big fan of WoW and this seems to be in that sort of visual territory.

It doesnt seem like too bad a game, but I'm still undecided on it.

I'll give the demo a chance but from what I've seen of the game it doesn't look like my kind of rpg. I know it's probably stupid but I fear for the involvement EA has in the game and wonder if its just a lifeless experience like many of their other games.

On the plus side if you plan on getting ME3 you will unlock some gear for ME3 by playing this demo. I'm not sure if its timed or from doing specific things though. The last ME3 unlock happened just as I talked to some guy who thought he was a wolf trapped in a humans body. That was pretty close to when my time was about to run out though so it might have been just because of that. You also unlock fancy gear for the full version of the game if you decide to buy it when it comes out.

(Game was bad but playable' date=' designed for consoles and had nothing to do with previous Dragon Age and had like 4 locations...YES 4 LOCATIONS IN WHOLE GAME.

[/quote']

lol i agree with what you said. dragon age 2 was awful, it is like they gutted everything that made the first one fun, interesting or worth playing.

the story was boring, the artwork was flat and i didn't care about a single character in the game, while i did in the first and even the expansion.

what is even sadder is they STILL have not updated the creation tools like they said they would. it has been almost a year since the game came out and they still haven't.

it isn't like it would take much of an effort, they changed the file format and fiddled with a few things, it takes even less effort to edit the files than skyrim.

as for kingdoms, i got an email about it, but i never looked at it heh.

Oi why all the hate for DA2? It was a good game, yeah I didn't really like the fact that I was stuck to that damn city and the surrounding area...woulda been nice to be able to jackass around all over the Free Marches, but come on how can you say the story doesn't make sense? The story is about a person who builds himself/herself from nothing, goes from a refugee to a champion. And the characters? C'mon Varric kicked ass, so did Aveline and Isabella, have those 3 together in a group and you get some of the best banter ever...I didn't really care for Fenris or Merril (I forget how her name is spelt) or Sebastian...oh but Anders/Justice, yeah I didn't really like what they did with him, he was awesome in Awakening but here in 2? Didn't like him all that much.

That game also had some very epic moments, like facing off against the Arishok and defeating in single combat...or did none of you get to do that? Anyway thats one example, and the ending was also epic.

In my opinion some of you guys just had your expectations set up way to high when it came to what DA2 would be like, remember you set high expectations for something your also setting yourself up for dissapointment. I didn't have high expectations for DA2 thusly I was very satisfied with the game.

I do however agree in that overall DAO was better than DA2...but I do not agree that DA2 was a fail. Oh and as for the graphics, they were badass don't say they weren't because they were, definitely better than DAO...but then again I was playing the game in High Definition.

And Varric was a badass character, or atleast I thought so, hell he's one of my top 5 favorite bioware characters, those being:

5. Varric

4. Fleep the space gerbil (from that old Baldur's Gate game for PC I think his name was Fleep anyway, its been along time since I played it)

3. Tali

2. Alistair

1. Khelgar Ironfist (From Neverwinter Nights 2)

Now Khelgar Ironfist, that dwarf right there was one hell of a character and companion, he was funny, honorable, courageous, loved to fight, loyal, and just all around pure fucking epic. Take a look at this old clip it is but one of his awesome moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fSm8XfDJB4

Skip to 5:40 to see Khelgar

At anyrate point is don't set your expectations to high. Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon and I promise you if you set your expectations for it to high and it turns out that it doesn't meet those expectations your going to end up facing some rather crushing dissapointment, which may cause you to become unable to enjoy the game and see it for the masterpiece that it will undoubtadly be. Fact of life right there, so keep your expectations reasonable, not just when it comes to games but to everything, because if you don't...well your gonna end up turning into one of those people who no one likes.

Oi why all the hate for DA2? It was a good game' date=' yeah I didn't really like the fact that I was stuck to that damn city and the surrounding area...woulda been nice to be able to jackass around all over the Free Marches, but come on how can you say the story doesn't make sense? The story is about a person who builds himself/herself from nothing, goes from a refugee to a champion. And the characters? C'mon Varric kicked ass, so did Aveline and Isabella, have those 3 together in a group and you get some of the best banter ever...I didn't really care for Fenris or Merril (I forget how her name is spelt) or Sebastian...oh but Anders/Justice, yeah I didn't really like what they did with him, he was awesome in Awakening but here in 2? Didn't like him all that much.

That game also had some very epic moments, like facing off against the Arishok and defeating in single combat...or did none of you get to do that? Anyway thats one example, and the ending was also epic.

In my opinion some of you guys just had your expectations set up way to high when it came to what DA2 would be like, remember you set high expectations for something your also setting yourself up for dissapointment. I didn't have high expectations for DA2 thusly I was very satisfied with the game.

I do however agree in that overall DAO was better than DA2...but I do not agree that DA2 was a fail. Oh and as for the graphics, they were badass don't say they weren't because they were, definitely better than DAO...but then again I was playing the game in High Definition.

And Varric was a badass character, or atleast I thought so, hell he's one of my top 5 favorite bioware characters, those being:

5. Varric

4. Fleep the space gerbil (from that old Baldur's Gate game for PC I think his name was Fleep anyway, its been along time since I played it)

3. Tali

2. Alistair

1. Khelgar Ironfist (From Neverwinter Nights 2)

Now Khelgar Ironfist, that dwarf right there was one hell of a character and companion, he was funny, honorable, courageous, loved to fight, loyal, and just all around pure fucking epic. Take a look at this old clip it is but one of his awesome moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fSm8XfDJB4

Skip to 5:40 to see Khelgar

At anyrate point is don't set your expectations to high. Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon and I promise you if you set your expectations for it to high and it turns out that it doesn't meet those expectations your going to end up facing some rather crushing dissapointment, which may cause you to become unable to enjoy the game and see it for the masterpiece that it will undoubtadly be. Fact of life right there, so keep your expectations reasonable, not just when it comes to games but to everything, because if you don't...well your gonna end up turning into one of those people who no one likes.

[/quote']

My problem with the story wasnt the story telling, the dialog and such were well done and all that. You do expect that from bioware titles afterall. It was the overall plot that was terrible. Any illusions the game gave you for choices all turned out false and you would end up with pretty much the same result no matter what you try to do. Basically everyone gets screwed and I dont really see what about that was "epic" to you.

Oh sorry, you say you wanted to be a heroic badass, do everything right and try for a happy ending? Well sucks to be you then since there is no happy ending at all! What was the point of having any choices throughout the game if they are going to mean nothing at the end of it all.

I will agree that I liked Varric, but the rest of the characters? Most of the rest of them could just go die in a boat fire for all I cared.