This game looks promising...

Yeah I agree, a little dissapointing to be honest that choices didn't have as great an impact as they did in other bioware games, but the story and the whole mages vs templars thing, yeah wasn't to much into it but I get why that would be the focus for DA2. With DAO the major focus was defeating the blight and being a badass hero, but in the background there were a couple other conflicts going on, the major one of which was the mages and templars, it was there at the tower and the conflict even stretched a little bit into Awakening when it came to Anders and the templars who were hunting him.

What I'm hoping is that DA2 was just a build up game, don't know if that makes any sense, like the game was for the most all about the shit going on between the mages and templars and the escalation of the tensions between them and events that eventually ended up leading to all out war. So when we get to DA3 and there's this giant war going on, we'll know why and what caused it happen. You see what I'm basically getting at?

Now yeah the choices we made in DA2 didn't really seem to have much of an effect on the story or ending, but I'd be willing bet every last penny I've got that they will have a great effect on what your experience in DA3 will be like.

Gave the demo a try this morning and I was pleased with it. The game feels very open and doesn't seem to push you in one direction. I got caught stealing in the first town I came into and ended up killing a few people as they retaliated (I couldn't figure out how to give up). In the end I killed two people that had previously talked with me about quests. I wasn't happy that it happened but the fact that it could happen is actually a positive. The camera is the main detractor here. It's zoomed in so much and with enemies attacking you from all angles (sometimes at range) it can be hard to fight the camera while you're also fighting everything around you. I'll admit that I didn't delve into the options too deeply so maybe you can change the camera to fix that.

The leveling system and freedom to craft a player that doesn't seem cookie cutter looks to be interesting but ultimately I can already tell that I'll play this game for 10+ hours and then give up on it. There is a good game in here but something about it just doesn't feel right and that it will keep me going for long.

This game looks fun... kind of reminds me of the first fable as I watched the video. I'm gonna download the demo and see if it fits my style. As long as it's not a button mashing fest I'll be good.

Also... wow. Most of this thread that was intended to be about a new game has more posts about DA2 then Reckoning... It's been so long since it came out and you still hear people endlessly rage about it. I was angry about it too, but come on people... let it go. :P

Game looks alright, surprisingly the game's palette did not put me off as I had thought it might. I didnt think the combat was all that great but it is serviceable. Miles better than that drab dour affair from Skyrim at least. Still, its only GOW standard and while that's fine for a bit, idk if it will keep me coming back for more late game.

I hope the full game has more melee moves/combos though. Seems strange that they would reveal so many of the melee moves in the demo and also how quickly you can get them. At the very least I hope we get more combos. And maybe this might not seem important to most people but once again, another game that gimps hammers:@. God damn.....

8 hours in and Im already sick of the music. Especially the combat music. I hope different hubs/areas get a new combat music for random mobs. I think Skyrim did this better by letting the music blend in and out of combat. This games combat music announces itself so bluntly that you inevitably get bored of the same tune playing over and over again.

Meh...idk. Up until a month ago I did not know this game existed, then I saw a youtube preview and got interested. But after trying the demo I found myself making excuses for some of the games short comings, like I did with Skyrim. I've learned my lesson, while this game does some things right, there are still a lot of unknowns for me so I prefer to wait this time and see how the full game turns out before buying this.

Interesting fact: This game is being made by Curt Schilling's company. Apparently he is some big deal former baseball player, I dont follow baseball but maybe some of you might know him. I thought that was a cool little nugget of info. Idk why but its kinda cool to see an ex pro sportsman become a game developer. Seems he also pulled some strings to get KOA a spot on superbowl.

You played the demo for 8 hours? Doesn't that really say it all?

More importantly than being a "big deal baseball player" he's quite the gamer. Thus the effort that was put into this. Apparently EA told him the DLC was too big (not the one that comes with the game,the one coming after a while) and he told them to stuff it,they're putting it out anyway. :P He's also the reason the game is on Steam despite being an EA game that'd normally be locked to Origin.

I heard he had a clause in his contract that stated he had to have high speed internet access at which ever hotel the team was staying in so that he could game online. Pretty rad if true.

Honestly idk where the 8 hours came from. I reckon its more like one and a half, 2 hrs tops cause I remember letting the game idle for a long time and taking a nap to let the game time run down and register the demo as complete. Anyway I already pre ordered it through steam. Idk why but IGN's review and hearing from a few folks, that have the game from retailers breaking street date, about certain aspects of KOA kinda pushed me towards getting it.

Idk if the combat will keep me interested but as always magic is always around to fall back on if things get too boring. Besides, combat is only as good as the enemies you use it againt. If the arcadey, GOW style systems suits the game then I dont mind. Just wish they added more melee moves though.

Been playing it the past few days and its ok. Can't put my finger on it yet but something is off. Maybe the difficulty being a little on the easy side or maybe how everything feels so chaotic and lacking direction (in my opinion). Oblivion/Skyrim let you run off and complete a random quest that may take you anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. This game has a load of quests that take anywhere from 3-10 minutes to complete. I guess for some the quick satisfaction of polishing off a quest is fun but for me its a little too rushed.

Still need to dig further into the game and see if this stays the same or if these are just the beginning quests and the later ones start to get more epic.

i find this game so fun xD the demo had a few bugs, big one being post processing bug, but with that fixed it looks so good with everything maxed out, also I role a warrior/mage class and it is really op XD

Just activate relentless assault skill (no interruptions/knockdowns), activate fury stance (more attack derp o3o) and with the passive ability of damage into mana I can tank anything that has been thrown at me so far :P

I bought this game in Origin since Steam was messing with me, I'm enjoying the combat system so far reminds me alot of GoW and the likes. been playing a female Dokkalfar; high finesse and some points in might. The story is somehow complicated, fate this and fate that! zzzzz.

here's a little vid i made being sneaky.

[video=youtube]

As usual, I'm having a serious case of indecision in this game: can't decide if I want to go Universalist/Jack of all Trades, or do a might/finesse character 1st. I also have a fun alt character that is finesse/sorc, so at least I can play that one while making up my mind, heh. Plus, I can always respec I guess, though I try not to do that sort of thing too much.

As usual' date=' I'm having a serious case of indecision in this game: can't decide if I want to go Universalist/Jack of all Trades, or do a might/finesse character 1st. I also have a fun alt character that is finesse/sorc, so at least I can play that one while making up my mind, heh. Plus, I can always respec I guess, though I try not to do that sort of thing too much.

[/quote']

hmmm i would say do might/finesse cause like you said you can reset all your stats later by going to a fateweaver. Plus doing a jack of all trades makes you a master of none until you hit the final destiny so not my cup of tea.

also am i the only one doing might/sorc xD CMON GUYS ITS BASICALLY INFINITE MANA :cool: and maxing out blacksmithing is cool (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

As usual' date=' I'm having a serious case of indecision in this game: can't decide if I want to go Universalist/Jack of all Trades, or do a might/finesse character 1st. I also have a fun alt character that is finesse/sorc, so at least I can play that one while making up my mind, heh. Plus, I can always respec I guess, though I try not to do that sort of thing too much.

[/quote']

hmmm i would say do might/finesse cause like you said you can reset all your stats later by going to a fateweaver. Plus doing a jack of all trades makes you a master of none until you hit the final destiny so not my cup of tea.

also am i the only one doing might/sorc xD CMON GUYS ITS BASICALLY INFINITE MANA :cool: and maxing out blacksmithing is cool (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Thanks, that's what I'm leaning towards. It also falls in line with the self-imposed guidelines I have for my first playthrough. Trying to play a sort of conan-style character, in some ways.

Might/sorc sounds pretty badass too, I tend to play that sort of character a lot in games. I just wanted to try something different in this one, but that's most likely next up on the list for me, heh.

This game is SO ADDICTING' date=' 25 hours in the last 3 days... And i haven't even got halfway through the main quest yet. Gamespot's 7.5 rating is just insulting, this game is amazing.

[/quote']

lol i know right :D

I went ahead and changed my stats to pure sorc and it is op, sure you are weak to damage but when you get your minion summon with health siphon it's beyond easy, also now that i hit the final tier in sorcery tree everything is way too simple, band of bandits comes and tries to mug you; cast meteor and kill everything xD

the main thing i dont like about this game is that you cant increase your stash size' date=' or at least have different stashes for each house.

Lol i read this over and it sounds like im talking about mustaches xD

[/quote']

Yeah I wish we could have a house and store stuff in it, but at least they let us have 5 backpacks for +50 inventory :D

the main thing i dont like about this game is that you cant increase your stash size' date=' or at least have different stashes for each house.

Lol i read this over and it sounds like im talking about mustaches xD

[/quote']

Yeah I wish we could have a house and store stuff in it, but at least they let us have 5 backpacks for +50 inventory :D

You can get a house. There are several houses that you get through doing quests, and they have chests for storage.