[mod] [Rimworld] RJW and QEE Patch

[Rimworld] RJW and QEE Patch

View File

I've created recipes for RimJobWorld Private Parts for Questionable Ethics. Has now been Updated by Ragnarock30

Questionable Ethics

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541064151

RimJobWorld

Also Contains a few other parts.

3 of which require this link as giving credit where credit is due. (https://www.fenoxo.com/play-games/) Trials in Tainted Space.

Enjoy :D

Version 1.1.1 wasn't originally going to happen as the bug found was a very minor one (the parse bug wasn't causing any game-play problems - just some red text). It was found and fixed early last week and fixed. I was debating on whether I was going to add anything new as well as waiting to see if any other bugs popped up. No new bugs and no new content so, underwhelming drum roll please, .... Version 1.1.1

Huh, neat didn't know what a Zil was until I had look at the link provided. Gotta say the game is really interesting and reminds me of lust doll. The addition of demonic breasts is quite a welcomed sight. Overall this patch is pretty good. Can say it convinced me to download Questionable Ethics just for it.

I'm glad someone finally made a more extensive version than I did ?

Question though: Why do you include the base definition

<QEthics.GrowerRecipeDef Name="NaturalOrganGrowerRecipeBase" Abstract="True">

in all recipe definition files? I don't think it will cause problems, especially if your mod is last in the load order, but it seems unneccessary. Or is it?

@ wiern Yes, Zil is a very ... sweet race idea for a sexual game. Making a Zil race was my first attempt at modding Rimworld but an update dropped before it reached testing phase. I figured since I was adding a few parts I thought I'd add them in case I picked the Zil race project back up.

@ nugermon This is mostly my first mod so I included it as a test. The Questionable Ethics mod has a few abstract class and that was the only one I included - if it threw an error I knew I'd need it or not - depending on what the error was. But there was no error, so I'll likely remove it to ensure continued compatibility with Questionable Ethics (so if the original author changes his, I don't accidentally overwrite it). As an example of something I found I needed; there's actually a set of 'default' textures used for stuff with no specified graphic that I needed to include in the mod or it gave errors.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:47 AM, Reqi said:

@ wiern Yes, Zil is a very ... sweet race idea for a sexual game. Making a Zil race was my first attempt at modding Rimworld but an update dropped before it reached testing phase. I figured since I was adding a few parts I thought I'd add them in case I picked the Zil race project back up.

Makes sense, admittedly I made an attempt at making the race though I was no good at it and scrapped the project. It's quite hard to do as oppose to making items or recipies, so it makes sense on why there are not a whole lot of aliens races in rimworld as opposed to a game like starbound where it's a dime a dozen.

Think you should pick it back up again considering not much is happening in the ways of updates here or do you think there is more you can add? Anyways I found a bug pertaining to the mod with prepared carefully. It's mostly visual but the penises and vaginas are incorrectly labeled. Not sure what's causing it. Here is a screenshot.

20190221195159_1.jpg.c7ac4f039b1263f1991c0db2ef9ff5e3.jpg

Actually, there's something similar with dino vagina which in operation menu shows up as dino breasts (lol)

PS Actually, Zil vagina is (are?) dino breasts, too, apparently. And both are <RecipeDef ParentName="BreastSurgery"> for some reason

PPS Seems like threeof those "add penis" are shark, dino and Zil penises, as they're named like that in herm making surgery recipes

PPPS actually, the vagina/breasts situation doesn't stop there as job description says that pawn is attaching Zil breasts for both

Upd. hopefully I fixed it all https://drive.google.com/open?id=1346hnjhANBSS_4Bc0v5lwOpsLGtjIIO2

and now Reqi has to make 1.1.2 update ?

btw, Why did you comment out growing Dragon parts (and demon anus)? (for those who want to grow said things https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOhdhRACqD_C1m8NdllBSGvBJWmrRX8K )

And shouldn't it be in "animals" category, since by RJW standards Thrumbos are considered dragons

On 2/22/2019 at 7:28 AM, TAImatem said:

Actually, there's something similar with dino vagina which in operation menu shows up as dino breasts (lol)

PS Actually, Zil vagina is (are?) dino breasts, too, apparently. And both are <RecipeDef ParentName="BreastSurgery"> for some reason

PPS Seems like threeof those "add penis" are shark, dino and Zil penises, as they're named like that in herm making surgery recipes

PPPS actually, the vagina/breasts situation doesn't stop there as job description says that pawn is attaching Zil breasts for both

Huh. Well I did copy and paste the parts once 1 was done (ie. Demon Breasts are done, copy paste x4, edit copied versions to be the other breasts. Repeat process for each part.)

Upd. hopefully I fixed it all https://drive.google.com/open?id=1346hnjhANBSS_4Bc0v5lwOpsLGtjIIO2

and now Reqi has to make 1.1.2 update ?

Awesome! I'll upload a new version once I get off work (4hrs from now).

btw, Why did you comment out growing Dragon parts (and demon anus)? (for those who want to grow said things https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOhdhRACqD_C1m8NdllBSGvBJWmrRX8K )

And shouldn't it be in "animals" category, since by RJW standards Thrumbos are considered dragons

Now that I look at it again. I think it was because I forgot about it as I was making everything else, so I'd have to go back and add it. At that point I wanted to have something up so I just commented it out. 

TLDR; impatient and lazy :P

I was unaware of the thrumbo draconic genitalia .., I may have to move that.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, weirn said:

Think you should pick it back up again considering not much is happening in the ways of updates here or do you think there is more you can add? 

That's where I disappeared to! I was picking it back up and finding where I left off :D ... Well, part of what I was doing. I was also looking into Genetic Rim (I think that's the name; you make animal hybrids in it :/) looking into how it was handled in game to see if I could make Hybrid Genitalia, knotted horse penis, that sort of thing. And by "make", I mean "make it work thematically". I was also thinking of editing "Simple Slavery" to make a sort of Dominant/Submissive system.

I could potentially just keep adding more parts forever (or at least until we run out of sci-fi races, animals, and probably eldritch abominations.) A lot of it would depend on how much time I have to spend on this mod. As stated above, I've got a few other projects I'm working on.

• 2 months later...

A nice recommendation to this mod if your still planning on supporting it would be to include a way to copy the genital/anus/breast hediffs of the clone templates so that the clones emerge from the tank with the proper genitalia.  I'm not sure how easy this would be but i'm betting it would have to be done in c# or thru a dll?  

The above issue is one of the few actual compatibility concerns between QE and RJW.  Adding the vatgrown genitals is a nice way to bridge that gap in the mean time tho, just grow the parts and as soon as the clone emerges set em up for surgery.  

That does sound a bit out of the original view of the mod - namely, a way to get the organs from RJW in a more consistent way. I'm not too familiar with using C# with Rimworld and I have no idea how to make/use a dll.

I started work on a few new parts, but that's really the extent I'm willing to go, for now. I'm mostly concerned with making sure the patch works with the newest RJW. Apparently there might be some problems.

With a new job, I might get time to read through the necessary stuff to go further. I try to keep an eye on this topic though so if you have any ideas post them here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Was that the magic mod that said it was compatible with games in progress? I think I remember seeing it but never added it.

Rimworld of Magic I believe.

speaking of is this mod working with the most recent version of RJW?

On 6/7/2019 at 7:48 PM, requiemfang said:

speaking of is this mod working with the most recent version of RJW?

This mod? The RJW QE patch? Yes. 

Rimworld of Magic, I have no idea.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Rogelio11 said:

I guess a benefit for pawns with  Necrophiliac. Or for testing purposes.  I don't know lol I'm just throwing ideas. *shrugs* 

It depends on how the system is set up. with Necrophiliac the coding is probably* just [ if(pawnstate == dead); action ] it should be fairly easy to add and "OR torso_hediff == undead" (not actual coding there, just pseudo code)

*RJW QE patch is all in XML. If you boil down the mod all you have is a few new recipes to a already added production station (thing). This just means - I have no idea how RJW is programmed to detect sexable things. The hope is to crack it open/github download and start poking around after the Zil race is finished.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, saviliana said:

Um, should I report that this patch cause serveal of red error lines in the most recent version of QE? Most of them seems are missing textures.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, requiemfang said:

noticed that as well...

Apparently the Textures-folder was accidentally moved into the Defs-folder. Move the folder "RimJobWorld_QuestionableEthics\Defs\Textures" to "RimJobWorld_QuestionableEthics\Textures".

I only looked at the folder structure, didn't try to load the mod. So no guarantees.

PS: If that's not it, it might be helpful though if you could post some of the error messages, especially which textures are missing.

This mod is very broken right now and adds all sorts of genitals of races you might not have installed. It generates a lot of red lines and things like "Orc Vagina" with no textures will pop up in traders inventory, even though i didn't have any orc race loaded.

A list of required mods could fix this.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, saviliana said:

Um, should I report that this patch cause serveal of red error lines in the most recent version of QE? Most of them seems are missing textures.

Yeah, that was what I found from the 1.1 versions to the 1.2. Thought I fixed it though. Are you using the 1.2.1 version of the patch?

Edit: It might help - maybe - if I tell it to look inside the 'Textures' folder. Lol. Version 1.2.2 will be up after I verify it works.

Edit 2: The textures were referenced wrong. As in, using the wrong wording used by RJW - I was looking for "male_gentials" but they are named "gentials_male" same for female. This probably would mean I don't need to include the textures but they're already there soooooooo .... 1.2.2

10 hours ago, Jappercut said:

... adds all sorts of genitals of races you might not have installed ...

Check the original post, just under RimJobWorld - you should see

On 2/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, Reqi said:

Also Contains a few other parts.

These parts are created by me and aren't directly from any other mod. From the sounds of it, the red text is a texture issue.

Quick question what xml did you edit to get the new parts to show up in the chooser at start with Prepare Carefully? I edited my version of RJW to have the various animal anus hediffs (Feline, canine, equine, etc.) and they work using the add hediff command, they just don't show up while choosing from the additions/implant's list.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, AoiUma said:

Quick question what xml did you edit to get the new parts to show up in the chooser at start with Prepare Carefully? I edited my version of RJW to have the various animal anus hediffs (Feline, canine, equine, etc.) and they work using the add hediff command, they just don't show up while choosing from the additions/implant's list.

The Recipes actually. Specifically RecipesDefs -> Recipes_Surgery. 

I learned thats where they are by naming the descriptions wrong in only that file and having 3 Canine penises show up the the Prepare carefully -> add implants/wounds

Ok thanks, also Questionable Ethics Enhanced  came out and ya may want to do a version of that too or instead as it also fixed errors from the original Questionable Ethics .

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1787359789

Looks like it works fine with QEE, they didn't change the Research and vat recipes data, of course it does throw up errors switching between the two if not also installing the two sub mods as Crude Bionics and Life Support were split into separate addons. But I hadn't used either in any games so so problem for me.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, AoiUma said:

of course it does throw up errors switching between the two

What does, the game or this patch? And by switching, do you mean disabling QE and enabling QEE on a existing game? Have you tried on a brand new game?