Patching games 90's Oh how the pain

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

Ah Yes i usually make an effort every thread i made with a use of graphical to enhanced reading experience i just hate making blank stuff it's like one of them game magazine , i love writing reviews and experiences in the past that's what i always do in LL beside making mods for skyrim.

14421_DOSbox-v07_1.jpg

wait wait, thats 2012 stuff sorry , what's this ? is it a plane , is it a train nooo it's patching time " Yes Patch " what is patch a patch is when a minor big ones will fix bugs and glitches , the infamous one i had to go on this period of time before elder of scrolls series is ALBION and yes how many people heard this game few maybe small, not until ultima burried this game.

14648.jpg

So how We do it in the 90's to patch a game with the actual size is 800-900kbs at the time that consider big patch that uses 10 at least 20 floppy disk to install "FUUUUuuuu" moment yeap.

if you really want to know future patch releases you have to buy DOS game magazine and pray if your game announce on the issue you bought which mine take two days and still had no word when finally arrived holy kazabo its cost around 30$ to buy a patch disc and actual game " face-palm in my eyeball " You have to ordered it on a local shop or By mail there's no other way to do it.

Here's the instruction i got when i have my first game

1. Look at the back of the game box

2. Write down all the bs detail on their company

3. call them

4. buy the patch

5. spent half an hour to install the game again

6. patching dos game require uninstall the whole thing and then

install one shot which take around 10 floppy disk "OMFG!!!"

469752769_35c5c1fe36_o.jpg

here's what you likely end up , if the patch are too big it require higher specs to run some come with enhanced edition which the most popular patch conversions at the time was DOOM and MDK original series. that's the only game that has so many patches you scratch your head off.

STory of my life never again i bought floppy disk if i wanna play dos game i bought digital version.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lady Luck

It's the only game that far back that I still play. Never got to the end of it though :s

really u didnt finished it? , i did the ending sucks balls its just The End .... XDDD

Archived