Latex Hoods / Gasmask by Carboncats

I finally got to try implementing the hoods as headpart with morphs, and it works great.
Implemented it as "hair", because when wearing this there arent supposed to be any hair shown anyway (though i imagine some variant with topknot or ponytail variant, which can be simply included as another version of these "hair").

Similar to how DD work, when the inventory item is equipped, the OnEquipped event handler takes care of adding the "hair", and removes it when unequipped.

The hood morphs automatically according to the actor race and chargen morphs, while keeping super sleek slim fit.

It will be quite the chore to fix all clipping, but i was actually expecting it to be much worse.

907413756_CCHood-Breton.png.a453c823b65e959347b30adcb28c4dc2.png1295344844_CCHood-DarkElf.png.5ea0f0657dd0760660b0451842a668b0.png906120743_CCHood-HighElf.png.b3473ecd9b8b5b6a9e0acd83d9f58f76.png654638629_CCHood-Imperial.png.b2ec8e8f43476f2fb4610645921883dc.png442603314_CCHood-Nord.png.2a3f18c939b0a334bf30dbb423637252.png492126152_CCHood-Orc.png.54cdf7ed103eb5ddb9b60b688c9695fc.png15355902_CCHood-Redguard.png.28140b66ddcea663e33a2049ff3ab7c1.png1126724578_CCHood-WoodElf.png.5c8e2d40a6f147abcce5a9ba96ba72e9.png

So, knowing it can be done, i guess i should poke @carboncats and ask for permission to make the mod utilizing his assets.

I just finished all 596 morphs ?
No more clipping with any vanilla presets, nor with my own (though the presets i use are mostly realistic, without any crazy slider values, and with very little sculpting used only to smooth some edges).
It's great. I am really really pleased with the outcome, way better than i expected.
So, i am going to do the same with all kinds of other head accessories, earrings, blindfolds, gags, what else is there?

Well... there is still work to do, still some heavy clipping with some combinations of morphs (not what you see on this picture, the clipping here is nothing compared to what i am talking about).
But i'll wait until Carboncats gets back to me - need to know what he thinks, whether he approves, and i dont want to waste time by fixing it (most tedious kind of work) until i know it wont go to waste.

ScreenShot002.png.03719733694ea6dd04171f3f9f91914c.png

Made a working proof of concept.
Now i need to do some testing and turn the proof of concept into properly polished system for handling any kinds of head accessories (if wont be just for these hoods, but any other items that can benefit from morphing - blidfolds, gags, earrings, bandanas, etc.).
Then i polish the hood morphs, do another iteration of clipping fixes, and then continue with making morphs for any other items i deem worthy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, Roggvir said:

Made a working proof of concept.
Now i need to do some testing and turn the proof of concept into properly polished system for handling any kinds of head accessories (if wont be just for these hoods, but any other items that can benefit from morphing - blidfolds, gags, earrings, bandanas, etc.).
Then i polish the hood morphs, do another iteration of clipping fixes, and then continue with making morphs for any other items i deem worthy.

Any chance you could share the morphed hoods now that carboncats has given their blessing?

Thanks,

40 minutes ago, TheUnies said:

Any chance you could share the morphed hoods now that carboncats has given their blessing?

Well... i dont really want to, because its not finished yet.
I asked Carboncats for the original source files, if there are any, because i wanted to redo all morphs based on the best possible source - which is not to say that whatever i was working with before is any bad (the stuff carboncats made already available here).
But before Carboncats got to my message, i switched to another project, so i didn't get to finish this yet.

I am not eager to upload something unfinished, but for the worthy cause of making Skyrim a kinkier place, i will do it.

Unfortunately, i have the files on another computer, so please PM me tomorrow to remind me.

24 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

To everybody who may be waiting for the files i promised to upload:

Sorry for the delay, i am on it now.
I need to go through the files, refresh my memory, pick the best version i have, make sure its working as it was supposed to, etc.

Take your time, and thanks for doing this!

12 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Here you go:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for LE.

Hoods are invisible ingame, and when I actually had a look at the mesh you included, I found that it wasn't configured for LE.

When I tried converting the mesh to LE using Nifskope, it turned invisible, so I had to give up.

2 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

When I tried converting the mesh to LE using Nifskope, it turned invisible, so I had to give up.

Sorry about that, i got so used to think about SSE as The Skyrim and i only realized this problem just as i was posting the file.
Try using SSE Nif Optimizer and chose LE as target version (and check "HeadParts Only" when processing "cchood.nif").
I will see about backporting it to LE, but it will take a few days, i am a bit busy again (maybe somebody else will do it in the meantime - ask around).

12 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Sorry about that, i got so used to think about SSE as The Skyrim and i only realized this problem just as i was posting the file.
Try using SSE Nif Optimizer and chose LE as target version (and check "HeadParts Only" when processing "cchood.nif").
I will see about backporting it to LE, but it will take a few days, i am a bit busy again (maybe somebody else will do it in the meantime - ask around).

I managed to get it showing, but it isn't adapting to my character's face.

But at least it shows up properly now, so that's better then before!

2 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

I managed to get it showing, but it isn't adapting to my character's face.

Did you check the "Headpart" checkbox in SSE Nif Optimizer when processing "cchood.nif"?

It could also be some problem with RaceMenu, or the morphs configuration.
Are you using the latest RaceMenu version? if not, try with the latest.
RaceMenu is required for the morphing to work automatically - there is an INI file ("meshes\actors\character\FaceGenMorphs\Rogg CCHood.esp\morphs.ini") which tells RaceMenu where to find the TRI morphs to inject.
Did you by any chance rename the plugin? if yes, then you also need to change the folder name where the INI resides (see above, marked in bold).

Or could it be that this RaceMenu feature does not exist in the Oldrim's RaceMenu? i really dont know right now, will try to find out later.

16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Did you check the "Headpart" checkbox in SSE Nif Optimizer when processing "cchood.nif"?

It could also be some problem with RaceMenu, or the morphs configuration.
Are you using the latest RaceMenu version? if not, try with the latest.
RaceMenu is required for the morphing to work automatically - there is an INI file ("meshes\actors\character\FaceGenMorphs\Rogg CCHood.esp\morphs.ini") which tells RaceMenu where to find the TRI morphs to inject.
Did you by any chance rename the plugin? if yes, then you also need to change the folder name where the INI resides (see above, marked in bold).

Or could it be that this RaceMenu feature does not exist in the Oldrim's RaceMenu? i really dont know right now, will try to find out later.

I did, yes.

I don't really understand how to use the program, though. I did check that box, selected LE, and chose the correct folder, then clicked optimize.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:50 AM, HyperonicX said:

I've done some modifcations to the standard latex hoods.

Now they actually fit your head properly!

I have set these to 41-Longhair in nifskope, but that can easily be rectified. I personally like it that way so my characters can wear wigs and have their natural hair showing.

cchood_0.nif 719.13 kB · 31 downloads

very nice! I played with them a lil' bit and no clipping, thank you for your work, this are some serious high quality latex hoods, i'm glad they work well with LE now.

3 hours ago, bigpineapple said:

very nice! I played with them a lil' bit and no clipping, thank you for your work, this are some serious high quality latex hoods, i'm glad they work well with LE now.

No probs! I prefer these over the standard Devious Devices hoods, and decided to finally fix these, since their clipping was driving me nuts!

1 hour ago, fuwadaren said:

CarbonCatsKinkyStuff v1.zip 94.35 MB · 1 download

I imported more gas mask styles from existing materials, but I can’t upload pictures. Please try it yourself. At the same time, since I don’t know how to make a bodyslide slider, I hope someone can help.

I've been hoping someone would convert FO4's Gas Masks of the Wasteland for a while now! They look awesome!
And all the extra stuff you've found/converted are fantastic!

Looks like I've got a lot of extra work to do to make them fully DD compatible!