Latex Hoods / Gasmask by Carboncats

A couple of ideas for your pack :)

GM2.png.1381391a211b449ebe9b6b2a3ace34ae.png

This one just copied the face mask (without the canister) into the hood mask (could use a fully closed hood as well, idea is to not see any part of the face beneath, we just assume they can see ? )

GM1.png.83921fea1c57028091f734e90aa9d441.png

Just removed the canister.  Again, could use a full hood underneath to completely cover the face.

Edited by slvsaris
On 2021/10/25 at AM2点11分, slvsaris said:

一些关于你的包的想法 :)

GM2.png.1381391a211b449ebe9b6b2a3ace34ae.png

这个只是将面罩(没有罐)复制到头罩面罩中(也可以使用完全封闭的头罩,想法是看不到下面的任何部分,我们只是假设他们可以看到?

GM1.png.83921fea1c57028091f734e90aa9d441.png

刚取下罐子。同样,可以在下面使用一个完整的引擎盖来完全覆盖脸部。

Your idea is also great!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 11:50 AM, HyperonicX said:

I've done some modifcations to the standard latex hoods.

Now they actually fit your head properly!

I have set these to 41-Longhair in nifskope, but that can easily be rectified. I personally like it that way so my characters can wear wigs and have their natural hair showing.

Hey sorry for the dumb question, but I'm not really a modder. How do I get this into the game? 

7 hours ago, some_random_guy69 said:

Hey sorry for the dumb question, but I'm not really a modder. How do I get this into the game? 

It depends on whether you're using Mod Organizer or not.

If so, then open Mod Organizer, find the Carboncats mod you installed, right click it, chose open in Explorer, go to meshes/carboncats and paste it there. Choose to override it.

If not, then place it in the steamapps/common/skyrim/data/meshes/carboncats folder. Choose to override it.

Once that is done, then you'll need to use TES5Edit to modify the .esp file for the latex hoods. Mod Organizer utilizes things differently, so if you haven't set up TES5Edit on it, you'll need to do it ASAP.

If not, then just run TES5Edit normally.

Once it's open, select the carboncats mod, and from there, you'll have to change all of the latex hoods to 41 - Longhair in both Armor and ArmorAddons.

Once done, just close the program, and it will ask you to save. Save, and then just open Skyrim, use Additemmenu or the console to get one of the latex hoods and away you go!

• 8 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 2:51 AM, HyperonicX said:

It depends on whether you're using Mod Organizer or not.

If so, then open Mod Organizer, find the Carboncats mod you installed, right click it, chose open in Explorer, go to meshes/carboncats and paste it there. Choose to override it.

If not, then place it in the steamapps/common/skyrim/data/meshes/carboncats folder. Choose to override it.

Once that is done, then you'll need to use TES5Edit to modify the .esp file for the latex hoods. Mod Organizer utilizes things differently, so if you haven't set up TES5Edit on it, you'll need to do it ASAP.

If not, then just run TES5Edit normally.

Once it's open, select the carboncats mod, and from there, you'll have to change all of the latex hoods to 41 - Longhair in both Armor and ArmorAddons.

Once done, just close the program, and it will ask you to save. Save, and then just open Skyrim, use Additemmenu or the console to get one of the latex hoods and away you go!

I've done all that, it is visible, it fits perfect to my character, but I can't unequip it. I can switch between different hoods without a problem, but as soon as I equip one, I get a message in the upper left corner "was unequiped" and the hoods are not shown as equiped in the inventory. Therefore nothing happens when I click them again (to uneuip them).

What did I do wrong?

(and also, how do I add the gasmasks from the original mod?)

9 hours ago, Aircraft09 said:

I've done all that, it is visible, it fits perfect to my character, but I can't unequip it. I can switch between different hoods without a problem, but as soon as I equip one, I get a message in the upper left corner "was unequiped" and the hoods are not shown as equiped in the inventory. Therefore nothing happens when I click them again (to uneuip them).

What did I do wrong?

(and also, how do I add the gasmasks from the original mod?)

Then something has gone wrong. It's happened to me in multiple DD mods, so it's not just this mod that is causing it.

Must be part of the framework itself that is causing it.

(Try typing Israeli in AddItemMenu or in the console: help "israeli" 4 and see if they're there.)

On 7/29/2022 at 1:59 AM, HyperonicX said:

Then something has gone wrong. It's happened to me in multiple DD mods, so it's not just this mod that is causing it.

Must be part of the framework itself that is causing it.

(Try typing Israeli in AddItemMenu or in the console: help "israeli" 4 and see if they're there.)

Thank you for the gas mask command :)

Do you know a fix for this problem? Because I really like the hoods, but not beeing able to unequip them is a problem :/

(Reinstalling hasn't helped, did this while getting the hoods to show and already had the problems there)

1 hour ago, Aircraft09 said:

Thank you for the gas mask command :)

Do you know a fix for this problem? Because I really like the hoods, but not beeing able to unequip them is a problem :/

(Reinstalling hasn't helped, did this while getting the hoods to show and already had the problems there)

Unfortunately, no.

The only thing I can suggest is this:

In the console type "player.showitems" without the quotations.
Next find the hood you tried to equip and take note of the item ID.

Then see if there's something equipped that has a similar ID, maybe 1 or 2 numbers/letters higher.
Once you find it, type in the console "player.removeitem [insert ID you found here] 1" and that should hopefully fix the problem. (Don't type in the brackets or quotation marks.)

It's not a permanent fix for the save file, but it is a makeshift solution. You just won't be able to requip the item unless you put something else on and remove it properly.

Note: Numbers go from 0-9, then A-F then repeats with the next number in the sequence from the second-to-last number in the ID, etc.

9 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Unfortunately, no.

The only thing I can suggest is this:

In the console type "player.showitems" without the quotations.
Next find the hood you tried to equip and take note of the item ID.

Then see if there's something equipped that has a similar ID, maybe 1 or 2 numbers/letters higher.
Once you find it, type in the console "player.removeitem [insert ID you found here] 1" and that should hopefully fix the problem. (Don't type in the brackets or quotation marks.)

It's not a permanent fix for the save file, but it is a makeshift solution. You just won't be able to requip the item unless you put something else on and remove it properly.

Note: Numbers go from 0-9, then A-F then repeats with the next number in the sequence from the second-to-last number in the ID, etc.

Sadly, it didn't work. I unequiped all items, then used "player.showinventory" (player.showitems didn't work). Only one item had the tag "Worn" but with a completly different ID (Latex Hood 16002301 and the random item 0D040F0F) and I could not remove it (after removing via console, it was back when I checked).

I also tried triggering a scene, where my character would get stripped, but the hood was still on.

I can even remove the hood from my inventory and it's still on.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.29ecf52fae53a76440495fadf30008f4.jpeg

Is it intended, that I can chose the hood as hairstyles via racemenu? Is propably a part of the script not working?

Edited by Moon Puppy
10 hours ago, Moon Puppy said:

Sadly, it didn't work. I unequiped all items, then used "player.showinventory" (player.showitems didn't work). Only one item had the tag "Worn" but with a completly different ID (Latex Hood 16002301 and the random item 0D040F0F) and I could not remove it (after removing via console, it was back when I checked).

I also tried triggering a scene, where my character would get stripped, but the hood was still on.

I can even remove the hood from my inventory and it's still on.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.29ecf52fae53a76440495fadf30008f4.jpeg

Is it intended, that I can chose the hood as hairstyles via racemenu? Is propably a part of the script not working?

You might be using one of the ones that Roggvir made to conform to the face. Unfortunately, those ones can't be removed at all. I had the same problem with them.

You're gonna have to reload an older save and stay away from that hood you used.

I ended up fixing up the original CC hoods myself, so all you need to do is download my file and have it replace the original file.

You can get the rectified hoods from my post here:

5 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

You might be using one of the ones that Roggvir made to conform to the face. Unfortunately, those ones can't be removed at all. I had the same problem with them.

You're gonna have to reload an older save and stay away from that hood you used.

I ended up fixing up the original CC hoods myself, so all you need to do is download my file and have it replace the original file.

You can get the rectified hoods from my post here:

Oh I see, I somehow messed up the names and taken you for the author of Roggvir's mod. I am really sorry for bothering you.

But now a really dumb question: I deinstalled Roggvir's mod and only installed the original hoods. They work despite clipping through my characters face. Now I want to install your modification: "go to meshes/carboncats and paste it there. Choose to override it."

My problem: the original mod (at least the one I downloaded from the start of this post) only contains CarbonCatsKinkystuff.bsa, CarbonCatsKinkystuff.bsl and CarbonCatsKinkystuff.esp, therefore there is no carboncats folder in the meshes folder and no cchood_0.nif to override. Am I dumb?

Spoiler

image.png.683ee91f39b723546f4ad988a76a4ba8.png

inside the meshes folder:

image.png.2842156f8d52fdc675f40e030fb179d3.png

Also when I edit it from 31 - Hair to 41 - Longhair, I again can't equip it and it wont show ingame.

Edited by Moon Puppy
59 minutes ago, Moon Puppy said:

Oh I see, I somehow messed up the names and taken you for the author of Roggvir's mod. I am really sorry for bothering you.

But now a really dumb question: I deinstalled Roggvir's mod and only installed the original hoods. They work despite clipping through my characters face. Now I want to install your modification: "go to meshes/carboncats and paste it there. Choose to override it."

My problem: the original mod (at least the one I downloaded from the start of this post) only contains CarbonCatsKinkystuff.bsa, CarbonCatsKinkystuff.bsl and CarbonCatsKinkystuff.esp, therefore there is no carboncats folder in the meshes folder and no cchood_0.nif to override. Am I dumb?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.683ee91f39b723546f4ad988a76a4ba8.png

inside the meshes folder:

image.png.2842156f8d52fdc675f40e030fb179d3.png

Also when I edit it from 31 - Hair to 41 - Longhair, I again can't equip it and it wont show ingame.

It's cool. We all make mistakes. And I don't mind helping.

The .bsa file is a problem, but it can be overwritten by loose files.

Just create the folder and put my file there. (Either edit the .esp file to make the hood slots as 41, or just edit my mesh to 31 to make it work properly.)

My file will overwrite the .bsa file, so the hoods should be fixed.

If not, then you'll have to extract the .bsa file, and put my file where it needs to go and override it.

Easily fixed!

1 hour ago, HyperonicX said:

It's cool. We all make mistakes. And I don't mind helping.

The .bsa file is a problem, but it can be overwritten by loose files.

Just create the folder and put my file there. (Either edit the .esp file to make the hood slots as 41, or just edit my mesh to 31 to make it work properly.)

My file will overwrite the .bsa file, so the hoods should be fixed.

If not, then you'll have to extract the .bsa file, and put my file where it needs to go and override it.

Easily fixed!

Sorry for me beeing stupid, but it didn't work. I created a carboncats folder inside the meshes folder and inserted your .nif file. The clipping is better now but it still clips :/

Spoiler

without your file

image.jpeg.e28e11e3761893e2d38b869c09362560.jpeg

Spoiler

with your file

image.jpeg.3cb28f19a82a95fca52edcf8f1efdd3f.jpeg

When I set the hoods to 41 - LongHair, they are still not equipable (and therefore not visible)

Spoiler

image.png.94b5ce65674b80cf00292cd4c284d64b.png

Spoiler

image.png.c0afd0ae8d33e9bddea032fe25567b67.png

Edited by Moon Puppy
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, Moon Puppy said:

Sorry for me beeing stupid, but it didn't work. I created a carboncats folder inside the meshes folder and inserted your .nif file. The clipping is better now but it still clips :/

Reveal hidden contents

without your file

image.jpeg.e28e11e3761893e2d38b869c09362560.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

with your file

image.jpeg.3cb28f19a82a95fca52edcf8f1efdd3f.jpeg

When I set the hoods to 41 - LongHair, they are still not equipable (and therefore not visible)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.94b5ce65674b80cf00292cd4c284d64b.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c0afd0ae8d33e9bddea032fe25567b67.png

Ok, you'll have to mess around in the Outfit Studio.

Import your head as a reference and import my mesh as the actual outfit.

Go to Tool > Current Tool > Inflate, then make sure the hood is selected on the right, and just make small increases where necessary.

Once you're finished, go to File > Export > To nif and replace the hood. (Back it up first just in case you mess up.)

If it fails, try again until it's all sorted out.

Now, the second part is pretty simple. Put ALL the hoods to 41, the ones in the CK, not just the black one.

Then go to the mesh you edited and change the slot to 41 there.

It should work then. If not, then you've done something wrong.

• 3 months later...
On 10/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, fuwadaren said:

CarbonCatsKinkyStuff v1.zip 94.35 MB · 93 downloads

I imported more gas mask styles from existing materials, but I can’t upload pictures. Please try it yourself. At the same time, since I don’t know how to make a bodyslide slider, I hope someone can help.

Ended up being lazy and just using this instead, almost works perfectly, needs some editing in bodyslide but it's great.
can't find the meshes for the transparent and black hoods with transparent faces though, am I missing something? 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MuniWuni said:

Is there anyway to use this with SE?

Edit: Also is there any easy way to have my hair showing with a hood on from like Devious Devices?

It should be easy to convert to SE using the SSE NIF Optimizer tool for the meshes, and as for the .esp file, modify it using the CK or TES5Edit (the SE equivalent).

As for the hair showing, that's easy. Change the slot in nifskope to 41-Longhair for hair to show.

This has to be done in the CK/TES5Edit as well on both the armoraddon and _reference/_scriptInstance parts of the hoods.

The only downside to this is that you would have to change any wigs to just 31-Hair in TES5Edit/CK and nifskope.

8 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

It should be easy to convert to SE using the SSE NIF Optimizer tool for the meshes, and as for the .esp file, modify it using the CK or TES5Edit (the SE equivalent).

As for the hair showing, that's easy. Change the slot in nifskope to 41-Longhair for hair to show.

This has to be done in the CK/TES5Edit as well on both the armoraddon and _reference/_scriptInstance parts of the hoods.

The only downside to this is that you would have to change any wigs to just 31-Hair in TES5Edit/CK and nifskope.

Thank you for responding! I have never really done something like this before though, so not sure how to do that >~>

Edit: Been playing around, trying to look up videos and such. The hood already seems to be a long hair slot item.

Edited by Skye Bunny
2 hours ago, Skye Bunny said:

Thank you for responding! I have never really done something like this before though, so not sure how to do that >~>

I'll try to explain it step by step.

Ok, download the SSE NIF optimizer tool, TES5SEEdit and nifskope if you haven't already.

Then follow these instructions:

1. On your mod manager install this mod like normal.

2. Open nifskope and open cc_hood.nif or the one I shared earlier (preferably mine), and on the left side of the screen there should be a panel with writing and arrows on the left side of the words. The one you want is NiNode.

3. Click the arrow next to NiNode, then the same with NiTriShape and find the word "BSDismemberSkinInstance" and click the word itself.

You should see in the block Details (usually down the bottom of the screen) and find the word "Partitions".

Click the arrow next to it and the arrow next to the new "Partitions" that appears.

This will reveal what the "Part Flag" and "Body Part" bits in the Block Details. Check to see what the "Body Part" is. If it's 31-Hair or similar, click on it, and use the arrow on the right to see more parts.

Choose "41-Longhair" and then just save the file.

But if it's already on 41-Longhair, then just close nifskope.

This will be useful in the future.

4. Open the SSE NIF Optimizer tool.

From there, click "Browse" and locate the folder with the meshes.

It should be "data/meshes/carboncats" unless you're using Mod Organizer 2, which does make it a little trickier.

Anyway, once the folder mentioned above is selected, click "Ok" and you'll be back on the main screen.
Don't click anything else other than "Optimize" on the bottom. (Above on the bottom-right, SSE should be selected.)

This will change your .nif files to work with SSE.

Close the program once you're done.

5. Finally, open TES5SEEdit, right click the mod order and click "Select none."
Then in the search bar, type in "carbon" and this mod should appear.
Select it, then click "Ok"

Let it load for a bit and when it's ready, follow the next few instructions.

6. On the left-hand panel, expand the mod and find "ArmorAddon"

This will list a bunch of ArmorAddon files. Find the one called "CC_HoodAA1" and click on it.

On the right-hand part, you should find something that says "31-Hair" above a second one. Right-click on the bottom one and click "Edit"

A popup will appear and will ask if you really want to make changes. Select "Yes I'm absolutely sure."

From there, change the slot from 31 by clicking the tick box, and click the one next to 41-Longhair.

Do the same to all the hood AA files.

7. Once all that's done, then go back to the left pane, close the ArmorAddon part and open the Armor part.

Locate the hood you need, then look for the _scriptInstance part underneath it and click on that.

In the right-hand pane, you'll find a similar scenario to the above part. Just right-click, and change the slot to 41.

8. Once all the hoods are done, just attempt to close the program. It will ask if you want to save the file, so go ahead and do so.
From there, just test the hoods in-game. Hopefully the textures won't need modification, but if they do, I'll explain what to do next post.

It's way easier then all this stuff!

12 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

I'll try to explain it step by step.

Ok, download the SSE NIF optimizer tool, TES5SEEdit and nifskope if you haven't already.

Then follow these instructions:

1. On your mod manager install this mod like normal.

2. Open nifskope and open cc_hood.nif or the one I shared earlier (preferably mine), and on the left side of the screen there should be a panel with writing and arrows on the left side of the words. The one you want is NiNode.

3. Click the arrow next to NiNode, then the same with NiTriShape and find the word "BSDismemberSkinInstance" and click the word itself.

You should see in the block Details (usually down the bottom of the screen) and find the word "Partitions".

Click the arrow next to it and the arrow next to the new "Partitions" that appears.

This will reveal what the "Part Flag" and "Body Part" bits in the Block Details. Check to see what the "Body Part" is. If it's 31-Hair or similar, click on it, and use the arrow on the right to see more parts.

Choose "41-Longhair" and then just save the file.

But if it's already on 41-Longhair, then just close nifskope.

This will be useful in the future.

4. Open the SSE NIF Optimizer tool.

From there, click "Browse" and locate the folder with the meshes.

It should be "data/meshes/carboncats" unless you're using Mod Organizer 2, which does make it a little trickier.

Anyway, once the folder mentioned above is selected, click "Ok" and you'll be back on the main screen.
Don't click anything else other than "Optimize" on the bottom. (Above on the bottom-right, SSE should be selected.)

This will change your .nif files to work with SSE.

Close the program once you're done.

5. Finally, open TES5SEEdit, right click the mod order and click "Select none."
Then in the search bar, type in "carbon" and this mod should appear.
Select it, then click "Ok"

Let it load for a bit and when it's ready, follow the next few instructions.

6. On the left-hand panel, expand the mod and find "ArmorAddon"

This will list a bunch of ArmorAddon files. Find the one called "CC_HoodAA1" and click on it.

On the right-hand part, you should find something that says "31-Hair" above a second one. Right-click on the bottom one and click "Edit"

A popup will appear and will ask if you really want to make changes. Select "Yes I'm absolutely sure."

From there, change the slot from 31 by clicking the tick box, and click the one next to 41-Longhair.

Do the same to all the hood AA files.

7. Once all that's done, then go back to the left pane, close the ArmorAddon part and open the Armor part.

Locate the hood you need, then look for the _scriptInstance part underneath it and click on that.

In the right-hand pane, you'll find a similar scenario to the above part. Just right-click, and change the slot to 41.

8. Once all the hoods are done, just attempt to close the program. It will ask if you want to save the file, so go ahead and do so.
From there, just test the hoods in-game. Hopefully the textures won't need modification, but if they do, I'll explain what to do next post.

It's way easier then all this stuff!

This guide was very helpful and I think I did everything you said but nothing seems to have changed. I had said that the hood was 41 long hair but looked back and saw it was 141 long hair so I changed that. When using carbon cats mod it crashes my skyrim and the hoods im trying to add hair for are the ones edited by Roggvir. Not sure if that helps figure out the issue though.

Edit: When I mean my skyrim crashes, starting up the game just doesn't work until I remove the mod. I tried using Creation Kit for the esp. file like you said and noticed that it wouldn't let me preview the items.

Edited by Skye Bunny
4 hours ago, Skye Bunny said:

This guide was very helpful and I think I did everything you said but nothing seems to have changed. I had said that the hood was 41 long hair but looked back and saw it was 141 long hair so I changed that. When using carbon cats mod it crashes my skyrim and the hoods im trying to add hair for are the ones edited by Roggvir. Not sure if that helps figure out the issue though.

Edit: When I mean my skyrim crashes, starting up the game just doesn't work until I remove the mod. I tried using Creation Kit for the esp. file like you said and noticed that it wouldn't let me preview the items.

Glad my explanation helped. Even if it didn't work out now, it is useful for the future, because there may be many mod slot conflicts, so changing mod slots in other armors, etc. is pretty useful. I do it all the time!

As for Roggvir's hoods, I've had problems with them myself. The hair part just doesn't work for some reason, even on LE, so changing the slots doesn't work period. Only the non-hair hoods work with my explanation.

The only thing I can think of is that you're missing a dependency for the mod if Skyrim isn't working.
You definitely need the Devious Devices mods, but I think you also need something else.

1 hour ago, HyperonicX said:

Glad my explanation helped. Even if it didn't work out now, it is useful for the future, because there may be many mod slot conflicts, so changing mod slots in other armors, etc. is pretty useful. I do it all the time!

As for Roggvir's hoods, I've had problems with them myself. The hair part just doesn't work for some reason, even on LE, so changing the slots doesn't work period. Only the non-hair hoods work with my explanation.

The only thing I can think of is that you're missing a dependency for the mod if Skyrim isn't working.
You definitely need the Devious Devices mods, but I think you also need something else.

I do have devious devices already, does it matter that it's the sse version? Also I'll just use KS Hairdos wigs for now, sadly it doesn't have the hair I use but switching it up doesn't hurt!

Edited by Skye Bunny
52 minutes ago, Skye Bunny said:

I do have devious devices already, does it matter that it's the sse version? Also I'll just use KS Hairdos wigs for now, sadly it doesn't have the hair I use but switching it up doesn't hurt!

As long as the SSE DD mod has the Assets, Intergration, Expansion, and Contraptions .esm files, then it should be fine.
But you also need Sexlab, Sexlab Aroused, and I think the ZaZ Animation Pack .esm files too.

And you could always turn the hairstyle you're using into a wig if you know how. I've done it a few times.

Easiest way is to use the Outfit Studio.

Just go to File > Load Outfit, choose the hair mesh, and then after it's loaded, do the same with the hair's headpart, but make 100% sure that you click the checkbox that says "Keep other meshes".

This will load both parts of the hair, and from there, just go File > Export > To nif, and then save it as whatever you want.

Then using the Creation Kit, you can add the new wig to whatever .esp file you choose by creating a new wig, or you could just edit an already made wig and replace the .nif file with your new wig) and save it under a new ID, which is loads easier.

Just make sure you modify the ArmorAddon part as well and save it with an AA at the end so it doesn't cause problems when creating the new wig's ID.

55 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

As long as the SSE DD mod has the Assets, Intergration, Expansion, and Contraptions .esm files, then it should be fine.
But you also need Sexlab, Sexlab Aroused, and I think the ZaZ Animation Pack .esm files too.

And you could always turn the hairstyle you're using into a wig if you know how. I've done it a few times.

Easiest way is to use the Outfit Studio.

Just go to File > Load Outfit, choose the hair mesh, and then after it's loaded, do the same with the hair's headpart, but make 100% sure that you click the checkbox that says "Keep other meshes".

This will load both parts of the hair, and from there, just go File > Export > To nif, and then save it as whatever you want.

Then using the Creation Kit, you can add the new wig to whatever .esp file you choose by creating a new wig, or you could just edit an already made wig and replace the .nif file with your new wig) and save it under a new ID, which is loads easier.

Just make sure you modify the ArmorAddon part as well and save it with an AA at the end so it doesn't cause problems when creating the new wig's ID.

Sorry for asking so many questions but how would I do that? I got the outfit studio part down, how can I replace a wig with a new one? ?~?