Young Adult only has teen outfits

So, this is a weird situation. One of my female teens aged up to young adult. After aging up, all of the available clothes, hairstyles, etc., in CAS are teen items, not young adult items. Also, every couple of minutes, an action pops up in her queue to change outfits, but nothing happens. She is normal height for a young adult, and other than the choice of outfits available, everything looks normal.

Situation:

• I play with more than EA allowed number of traits, and she had 6 traits as a teen. Upon aging up, KW popped up a message that there was a problem with aging, it wasn't KW's fault, and it would try to fix things. It then popped up messages as it generated outfits for all the different categories. This had previously happened with two male teens and no weird issues were seen.
  • Just prior to aging up, she was dressed in her Kinky World whore uniform.

Does anyone have any ideas on a way to clean up or reset her data so she has the correction clothes and hairstyles available?

So, even though it went through all the stuff and aged my teen up, at some point she showed up as a teen again, with 0 days in the teen stage. I used Nraas Master Controller and edited her in CAS (not stylist), and set her age to Young Adult. Everything worked out fine from there.

I'm going to assume that it stopped messing around with her, but I don't know because I kicked her out of the household immediately after that :smirk:

Are you using Nraas OverWatch?

I've had this happen before in my case it was conflict between KW and OverWatch.

OverWatch like Awesome corrects several problems with the games Aging Manager. Oniki added something similar to KW although if I remember correctly it's supposed to disable it's version of the Aging Manager if OverWatch is detected but doesn't seem to always do so that's why some people see strange aging glitches such as sims aging 2 days everyday instead of 1 like their supposed too and even bypassing entire age stages like going from YA to Adult to Elder in one day.

What you're describing sounds like the 2 kicked in at the same time and tried to do the same thing or if you're not using OverWatch KW's Aging Manager bugged out.

22 hours ago, namaradus said:

Are you using Nraas OverWatch? 

Yes, I am using Overwatch. I disable some of the checks that are mentioned by Oniki in the setup guide, but did not do anything related to age in the Overwatch settings.

I do have some weird stuff happening occasionally with aging in my game. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, a sim that is several days long into their current stage is set back to 0 days into that stage. I usually only notice when I wonder why they have been that age for so long, or if I notice that the order of icons for the household has changed.

Should I disable Overwatch's age checking/fixing?

1 hour ago, FreakyRufus said:

Yes, I am using Overwatch. I disable some of the checks that are mentioned by Oniki in the setup guide, but did not do anything related to age in the Overwatch settings.

I do have some weird stuff happening occasionally with aging in my game. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, a sim that is several days long into their current stage is set back to 0 days into that stage. I usually only notice when I wonder why they have been that age for so long, or if I notice that the order of icons for the household has changed.

Should I disable Overwatch's age checking/fixing?

The Aging Manager fixes for OverWatch don't have an on/off switch. The Age Stuck Checking just checks to make sure a sim ages up when their supposed too you could try disabling it not sure if it'll help or not.

Yeah, I can't find any settings in Overwatch at all related to aging, so it is not possible to disable either stuck-age check or fixing stuck aging. Possibly disabling "stuck check" might do it, but I kind of like that. Sims do occasionally get stuck forever in some unroutable spot.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, FreakyRufus said:

Yeah, I can't find any settings in Overwatch at all related to aging, so it is not possible to disable either stuck-age check or fixing stuck aging. Possibly disabling "stuck check" might do it, but I kind of like that. Sims do occasionally get stuck forever in some unroutable spot.

I hadn't paid much attention to OverWatch settings for years so I must be remembering an older version of OverWatch it used to have a toggle to turn off the Age up check while leaving the rest of the Aging Manager fixes to run in the background.

But the Stuck Check is just for routing when sims get stuck.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, namaradus said:

I hadn't paid much attention to OverWatch settings for years so I must be remembering an older version of OverWatch it used to have a toggle to turn off the Age up check while leaving the rest of the Aging Manager fixes to run in the background.

But the Stuck Check is just for routing when sims get stuck.

Hmm, I decided to *gasp* look at the documentation for overwatch. The only mention of "age" or "aging" is found here:

Reset Check

• Enables a nightly check to see whether a sim is stuck in a broken interaction
  • Currently, this operation checks for sims stuck in age-up situations
  • Default: True

It's not a big deal, as my issue has been resolved, and I now know that I can use MC to fix things if it happens again. Thanks for the feedback!

Archived