Tutorial - How to Replace Armor Sets in Mods with Outfit Studio or How to Make a Mashup

RedMonika

How to Replace Armor Sets in Mods with Outfit Studio or How to Make a Mashup

You can always create your own mod with an esp and armor through Creation Kit but you can always reuse a mod that has an armor set that you're not going to use. Perhaps, it's one that has special benefits to it and the esp works just fine but you don't like the look of the armor. Maybe you want to give Immersive Armors your own flare or touch. It’s a lengthy process and time consuming but can be fun at the same time. You have free reign over what you want to do.

Bodyslide is a wonderful tool and I'm incredibly impressed by it. You can create your own body presets or use one of the many that are out there. If you don't have a body preset you can peruse through:

Spoiler

If you want to use mine they are here:

This tutorial will show you how to replace armor from one mod with another and use the original textures.

For today’s lesson we’re going to use “Skimpy Unique Deathbrand Armor” found at  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95370

You will also need:

Spoiler

CT77’s “Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide HDT” at: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259

“The Amazing World of Bikini Armor” at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83383

“Adventures Mashup Compilation” at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77615

“Bikini Ascend” with its bodyslide conversion at

And most importantly “Bodyslide and Outift Studio” at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015 with "CBBE" at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2666

Note: if this is your first time installing Bodyslide click on Settings and tic Left Mouse Pan. Close and restart the program.

The Skimpy Unique Deathbrand Armor uses:

Spoiler
  • Nord Plate Bikini Top 11 from The Amazing World of Bikini Armor
  • Nord Plate Bikini Thong 3 from The Amazing World of Bikini Armor
  • Orc Bikini Thong 2 from Bikini Ascend
  • The Bracers are from the Stalhrim set
  • The Pauldrons are from the Stalhrim set in CT77's mod
  • The jacket and leg straps are from the Castanic Pirate Tera Armor, which for the life of me I can’t find a CBBE conversion. Because of this I’m going to use the jacket from the Adventures Mashup Compilation.
  • The leggings and boots from the Stalhrim armor set that can be used from CT77’s mod.
  • The leg armor is from the Stalhrim set as well.

1- Install the mods like usual. Run Bodyslide and Outfit Studio. You can select your Preset here and then choose Preview to view how it looks with the armor. Once you like the preset you can build the outfit one at time by selecting each piece from the Outfit/Body drop down menu or hit "Batch Build." When ready  Click "Outfit Studio" to begin.

Spoiler

1.jpg

2- From Outfit Studio click File and then Load Outfit...

Spoiler

2.jpg

3- Browse to meshes\zaitama\whorebrand. Select whorebarnd_0.nif and click OK. You should have this delightful image or similar:

Spoiler

3.jpg

Note: I use a window with the armor that I'm mimicking open as reference and to get texture paths later.

4- Click on Outfit Studio again for a new window.

5- Click on File and then Load Outfit. Browse to Meshes\armor\shitty\NordPlate and open bikini_11_0.nif.

Spoiler

5.jpg

6- Now we get to add to it! Let's put the jacket, pauldrons, thongs, and leggings. We're also going to add a belt with pouches because where else is she going to keep things?

Let's begin with the jacket:

Spoiler

The Adventures Mashup Compilation or AMC has two different jackets. You can select them in Bodyslide and preview them.

Jacket 1:

6-Jacket-1.jpg

Jacket 2:

6-Jacket-2.jpg

To add the jacket of your choice is simple. Since its a separate nif click on File to Import and click on From NIF...

Spoiler

6-2.jpg

And browse to Meshes\pottoply\mashup and open jacketAlt_0.nif

Spoiler

6-3.jpg

7- The pauldrons are part of an armor NIF. So, we'll need to go a different way. From File click Load Reference and Browse to Meshes\dlc02\armor\stahlrimheavy\f and select cuirass_0.nif. In the Shape drop down menu select SHPauldrons

Spoiler

7.jpg

7-1.jpg

Important note: You will see that the new shape is listed in green text and needs to be changed to display in white. Right-click on SHPauldrons and select "Set Reference."

8- The mod uses two different thongs

Spoiler

For the Nord Plate piece click on File to Import and then select From NIF... Browse to Meshes\armor\shitty\NordPlate and open thong_3_0.nif

For the Orc thong do the same but browse to \shitty\Orc and open thong_2_0.nif

8.jpg

9- I like leggings and think that the leggings from the Nordic Carved armor would look pretty good with this. These leggings are part of the armor NIF. So, to add them we need to choose Load Reference from File and browse to meshes\dlc02\armor\NordicCarved and open nordiccarvedcuirassf_0.nif. Just like adding the Pauldrons above we're going to select NCLeggings from the Shape drop down menu:

Spoiler

9.jpg

Note: Remember to set the reference for the leggings by right-clicking and then "Set Reference."

10- I'm going to add the Thieve's guild master belt with its pouches. This is another instance of where Load Reference is going to be used. Browse to meshes\armor\thievesguild\f and open torsoleader_0.nif. Notice that we have TGBelt, TGBeltPouch1, etc. Load Reference and Set Reference is going to be used for each piece but since we're already in that folder we just need to select the torsoleader_0.nif for each one:

Spoiler

11.jpg

11- I'm also going to add the leg armor from the Stalhrim set. So, following what we did in step 7 select SHLegArmor

Spoiler

11.jpg

12- The boots in the original set are those from the Stalhrim set as well. I like to build the whole piece to get an idea of how it will look in game. To add the boots select Import and then From NIF... Browse to meshes\dlc02\armor\stahlrimheavy\f and open boots_0.nif

Spoiler

12.jpg

13- To get a full sense and to fine tune anything that may need to be fixed let's add the gloves. These are from the Stalhrim set too. Import from NIF again but since we're already in the folder we just need to open gauntlets_0.nif

Spoiler

13.jpg

And now we have our 0.nif done! The process needs to repeat for the 1.nif.

Important Note: How ever you have done it the same order must follow. Each piece of the set in the 0.nif needs to correspond with the same item in the same order in the 1.nif. Otherwise you'll end up with stretched meshes in game.

So, go on... Follow the steps and do the 1.nif. I'll wait... You can click on Outfit Studio again in Bodyslide for a new window.

Twenty-minutes later...

Okay, now you have your 0.nif and your 1.nif done:

Spoiler

My 1.nif

14.jpg

So, now the fine tuning. Move the outfit around. Do you notice anything that needs to be corrected or any clipping that needs to be fixed? If that's a yes use the brushes in the tool bar. The one with the divot out maximizes the mesh area. The one with going in minimizes the area.  You can also move, scale, and rotate shapes by right-clicking on them. I had to move a set of pouches over on my 0.nif.

Spoiler

15.jpg

To:

16.jpg

14- Now, we're going to use that cool texture from the original set. Double-click on the bikini top and click "Textures..." to get the texture paths:

Spoiler

17.jpg

15- Do the same on our new sets and copy and paste these paths to the bikini and corresponding thong and we have the textures:

Spoiler

18.jpg

16- We're almost done but we have another crucial thing to do and that is to set the partitions correctly. On the shape list right-click on each pieces and click the Partitions tab on at a time. If any partition is set to anything other than 32 SBP_32_BODY we need to change that. The gloves and boots can be ignored. The jacket pieces, the thongs, the leggings, and the leg armor will need to be changed:

Spoiler

19.jpg

After choosing the correct partition click "Apply."

The leggings will have two partitions. Right-click on one and delete it. Select 32 for the other.

Once this is done for each set we're ready to finalize this project. Not having the right partitions won't break anything but the piece won't show when you equip it.

Since, the armor is set to use the gloves from the Stalhrim armor we can delete the gloves and hands by right-clicking on them and choosing Delete.

17- Now, we replace the nifs in “Skimpy Unique Deathbrand Armor." Go to your 0.nif and click File and choose Export To NIF... Browse to meshes\zaitama\whorebrand, select whorebrand_0.nif and Save. Click Yes to replace. Repeat the same steps for the 1.nif.

18- Now that these are saved we can replace the boots. Delete everything but the SHBoots and Export them to replace boots_0.nif and boots_1.nif respectively.

19- The boots now need to be removed from the actually armor nifs. Load your new 0.nif and 1.nif, delete the boots and export them again to save.

If you're using using the Add Item Menu at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64905 you can easily add it in game by using Deathbrand:

Spoiler

Ex1.jpg

Ex2.jpg

Ex3.jpg

Update:

The BD UUNP armor replacer with Bodyslide files has high heel boots for this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96311

Spoiler

image.png.d1a22a1e15510a932c051f4e6ba69635.png

• 6 months later...

Archived