How to get smoother textures? Mod recommendations?

Jizzero

Hey all,

just got DOAHDM working and I'm loving it so far. . .

Only problem is that I am noticing my screen shots don't look as nice as everyone else's. . . Is there a way for me to get the textures to look more smooth and less jagged around the edges like in the picture I attached?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

20181230221850_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Jizzero said:

Hey all,

just got DOAHDM working and I'm loving it so far. . .

Only problem is that I am noticing my screen shots don't look as nice as everyone else's. . . Is there a way for me to get the textures to look more smooth and less jagged around the edges like in the picture I attached?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

20181230221850_1.jpg

Well. It appears that I have tooled around a bit and figured out the answer to my own problem!

This is why you use post processing and avoid the in game camera.

Cheers!

20181231002419_1.jpg

Unlike Skyrim and alike, I personally find post processing actually make your graphics much worse here, way too easy to be oversaturated and losing a lot of details. It's much better to just adjust saturation by adjusting gamma in built-in setting. Some people also like to use LumaSharpen to clear slight foggy effect, but this will result jagged edges and make character hair unrealistic.

In Jizzero's screenshot, colour is so oversaturated the clouds are red instead of white. Skin details are also lost due to oversaturation.

I find the most natural looking result can simply be achieved through better resulotions. Turn on x4 SSAA, max your shadow and try Dynamic Super Resolution or GeDoSa downsampling to have 4K downsampled to your monitor resolution.

(PS: I'm using hardware calibrated monitor with 99% AdobeRGB coverage)

Attached without any post processing.

screenshot_2018-12-31_23-41-17_0.thumb.png.4c0cb093261c86605dff4839030b21a2.png

On 12/31/2018 at 10:44 AM, syfjhz22 said:

Unlike Skyrim and alike, I personally find post processing actually make your graphics much worse here, way too easy to be oversaturated and losing a lot of details. It's much better to just adjust saturation by adjusting gamma in built-in setting. Some people also like to use LumaSharpen to clear slight foggy effect, but this will result jagged edges and make character hair unrealistic.

In Jizzero's screenshot, colour is so oversaturated the clouds are red instead of white. Skin details are also lost due to oversaturation.

I find the most natural looking result can simply be achieved through better resulotions. Turn on x4 SSAA, max your shadow and try Dynamic Super Resolution or GeDoSa downsampling to have 4K downsampled to your monitor resolution.

(PS: I'm using hardware calibrated monitor with 99% AdobeRGB coverage)

Attached without any post processing.

screenshot_2018-12-31_23-41-17_0.thumb.png.4c0cb093261c86605dff4839030b21a2.png

Thanks for the reccomondation!

x4 SSAA and high res shadows make such a difference!

greatly appreciated!

Archived