Loading a save CTD'S.

10 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

This is 100% correct. Quicksaves are dumpster fires. 

Far as I know though, I have never had an issue with Autosave manager, which, IIRC..does full saves. I could be wrong though. 

I've ran into my fair share of problems when it came to auto saves, mostly only on coming out of a fast travel. I questioned if it were because the cell wasn't fully loaded and when it tried to save before the cell loading fully, it could cause a small amount of corruption. But, for me, never took the risk after that.

1 minute ago, shadowlord445 said:

Have you tried verifying the game cache with Steam?

The final option would be to uninstall every mod, and add them back a few at a time, no more than 2 or 3, and try to root out the culprit.

Yeha verified multiple times. And maybe thats my ulktimate end game... Just reckon it could be one of the aaf one sbut maybe not. Happened after I downloaded the Augments mod from here and something else I dont recall. I think it may have been coincedence.

I had this issue with a lot of saves but for me it turned out that the scripts inside Sim Settlements were causing it.

I deinstalled it, which broke all my settlements and caused even more crashing.

Then I started a new game without Sim Settlements and voila... haven't had a crash since.

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I had this issue with a lot of saves but for me it turned out that the scripts inside Sim Settlements were causing it.

I deinstalled it, which broke all my settlements and caused even more crashing.

Then I started a new game without Sim Settlements and voila... haven't had a crash since.

I've had no look after uninstalling it earlier this weeak. Is there any scripts that persist even after a nmm uninstall? 

1 hour ago, Cassidy Adams said:

I've had no look after uninstalling it earlier this weeak. Is there any scripts that persist even after a nmm uninstall? 

All scripts from a removed mod remain in the save game. The only way to remove them is by running the mod's accompanying uninstall script (usually some kind of aid ingredient or a holotape). And if that's not added, you'll need to actually clean out your savegame using some kind of tool.

Officially (and usually practically as well) you should never remove or disable any installed mod from a savegame. As soon as a mod is missing, your savegame will be corrupted. In many cases this doesn't cause problems. But in most cases where problems do exist, this is the underlying cause of any instability.

I'd probably go as far as to say that 90% of all issues that people are seeing with the engine are related to mods, not the engine itself.

The Creation Engine very much suffers from its own flexibility. Much like windows does. 85% of all mod authors actually have no fucking clue about what they're doing, this causes issues for users, who then blame it on 'the engine'. This happens in windows too, 3rd party vendors make wrecked drivers and software, then blame the OS, users follow the opinion of the creators, who are often just plain wrong.

9 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

All scripts from a removed mod remain in the save game. The only way to remove them is by running the mod's accompanying uninstall script (usually some kind of aid ingredient or a holotape). And if that's not added, you'll need to actually clean out your savegame using some kind of tool.

Officially (and usually practically as well) you should never remove or disable any installed mod from a savegame. As soon as a mod is missing, your savegame will be corrupted. In many cases this doesn't cause problems. But in most cases where problems do exist, this is the underlying cause of any instability.

I'd probably go as far as to say that 90% of all issues that people are seeing with the engine are related to mods, not the engine itself.

The Creation Engine very much suffers from its own flexibility. Much like windows does. 85% of all mod authors actually have no fucking clue about what they're doing, this causes issues for users, who then blame it on 'the engine'. This happens in windows too, 3rd party vendors make wrecked drivers and software, then blame the OS, users follow the opinion of the creators, who are often just plain wrong.

Thats fair I may have to give NMM a full uninstall to completely clean out mods too.. It's working fine again at the moment, touch wood. But I am being super abutment with saves and seeing if I can find maybe a trigger. I downloaded a separate save of what I thought was causing it at this minute, Leito's mod seem to be a trigger, so I did another extraction and rather than relying on NMM to full install it, after it was installed I copied all the Data pieces into my data folder without copying the extracted data folder to make sure ever piece of the mod had found its way correctly as I was told by Kythana that it's a possibility that it's missing a file and that triggers a crash, Not saying AAF's at fault at all but man this has been the most up and down ride I have been on in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Zombified said:

So, I know people were having some issues with Looksmenu crashing your game. You may hate me, but a work around I have found (Yes, it finally reared it's ugly head again.) Is to take off your outfit before you edit your body. Avoids crashing. :3

I don't edit my body after character creation. But I have just crashed again after an animation. Man this is crazy sad. I've spent so mcuh time trying to sort this lmao.

They copied Pasted out of order, half the error mod version tags are incorrect because everything is up to date. Is there any mods anyone can see that'd cause this problems? I am tempted to fully uninstall NMM to get rid of every mod, clean every fucking file for Fallout 4 and make damn sure to go above the whole 9 yards cause I need to get this working.image.png.0257eaa739c4d1e9fa026e7de63002e8.pngimage.png.969582dd18d83630728cf71a0cccf841.pngimage.png.2599a1384bffe552c0674ced8dda7e3a.pngimage.png.650469da2343c2530999c6bde8e244d5.pngimage.png.c1b4aaa7ed852155c08c3c86cb65a505.png

On 12/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, Cassidy Adams said:

Found a post about it possibly being a UI mod causing it, so could it be AAF itself, but then it is tied to the animations. If I load after doing the animations, it sometimes crashes. 

I know your problem. I had the same and found the culprit but lost more than 200 hours of game and spent 2 full days to find the solution.

Use This: AAF + AAF STATS + KinkyStatsSystem + Kinky Theme (No Creature Theme) - APT and you can load save games after having a sex scene.

6 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

I know your problem. I had the same and found the culprit but lost more than 200 hours of game and spent 2 full days to find the solution.

Use This: AAF + AAF STATS + KinkyStatsSystem + Kinky Theme (No Creature Theme) - APT and you can load save games after having a sex scene.

So what is the cause? Using creature themes~? Sorry I misunderstanding the instructions, dick stuck in ceiling fan xd

Just now, Cassidy Adams said:

So what is the cause? Using creature themes~? Sorry I misunderstanding the instructions, dick stuck in ceiling fan xd

Seems if you use all the AAF Themes and both the SexStat and KinkyStat, you can't load a save game made after a sex scene. It just bombs.

Just now, Tron91 said:

Seems if you use all the AAF Themes and both the SexStat and KinkyStat, you can't load a save game made after a sex scene. It just bombs.

Oh, this recent install I installed them midway through a save and used it, seemed to crash. Unsitalled them and still having the issues from an earlier save. Do I need to start a completely new character due to this one having touch sex stat systems?

Just now, Cassidy Adams said:

Oh, this recent install I installed them midway through a save and used it, seemed to crash. Unsitalled them and still having the issues from an earlier save. Do I need to start a completely new character due to this one having touch sex stat systems?

If you have a save prior to installing SexStatsSystem you could probably salvage some game hours

Archived