Loading a save CTD'S.

I keep crashing to desktop, and through destroying and rebuilding have believe, narrowed it down to a LL mod. And this is a tad frustrating and heartbreaking if I am honest. It seems as if after animations are used, the game breaks and crashes if I try to load. I wonder if it's down to a specific set of animations or something like that, perhaps I have done something wrong in reguards to installing though it was working fine then suddenly wasn't thus why redownload F04 and used NMM to reinstall mods. Any offer of advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. image.png.0a0fa4121f01c3881780babc880e51d7.png

Edit: As an fyi, what could be causing it with any rough guesses and any huge mistakes that I've done? I'd assume I have.

Just now, WandererZero said:

A question: 

Are you using the latest LooksMenu? 

I've noticed an uptick in borked saves since upgrading it after the last F4SE update. It's also really broken af as you cannot hit C for clothes in char creation/SLM mode. 

I am, I am really sad because i just discovered the amazing world of Lewd Fallout and now it seems its crashing a little. I had LM for a while with no problem but is it possible for it just to occur now?

Just now, Cassidy Adams said:

I am, I am really sad because i just discovered the amazing world of Lewd Fallout and now it seems its crashing a little. I had LM for a while with no problem but is it possible for it just to occur now?

If you look over at Nexus, and the LM posts...it's a known issue. People there are complaining about CTD saves, as well as the fact that the game will hard freeze if you hit C for clothes while in Char creation/SLM. 

Just now, WandererZero said:

If you look over at Nexus, and the LM posts...it's a known issue. People there are complaining about CTD saves, as well as the fact that the game will hard freeze if you hit C for clothes while in Char creation/SLM. 

I am really hoping it's this. But I believe looks menu is required for some of the mods, but maybe not. I'll see. Because from what I can tell, any save before any form of sexual actions is fine, you can load it but after one set that save will crash at the end of it's loading cycle.

Just now, Cassidy Adams said:

I am really hoping it's this. But I believe looks menu is required for some of the mods, but maybe not. I'll see. Because from what I can tell, any save before any form of sexual actions is fine, you can load it but after one set that save will crash at the end of it's loading cycle.

The number of mods that depend on LM is miles long. Everything and everyone uses it. I am not having any problems with anims, and I don't know enough about how LM feeds into how PC's are rendered. This is purely anecdotal in terms of troubleshooting. 

What I will say is this: since updating LM I have noticed that nearly every time Autosave manager does a save, that save will be unloadable. Quicksaves too, appear to be unstable. I have to manually hard save if I want to be sure the game loads. However, as I said: it could be coincidence....but LM's latest release appears to be highly borked out. 

Basically, I am doing a lot of manual saving, and saving 2-3 times before I quit the game. Not much else I can do until LM gets updated to fix the problem. 

I am not sure if its that but what I am praying is that I get help. I messaged ego, apologizing for bothering him but asked if he could help. I wanna show a few people my LL mod list and if they see nothing wrong give them the rest maybe, I am a noob to modding, I've done it for year stub never gone past, click and save sorta thing. Thus I need the people who work with it as they will have a better understanding. 

4 minutes ago, shadowlord445 said:

I had the same issue.  I don't know if the problem was Looksmenu, but since the latest CC and F4SE update, my game went to complete shit.  I could not load my current save.  I had to load a previous save, losing several hours worth of progress, only to have saves become unload-able again.  

I feel for ya, my seems to be whenever I use an animation through AAF. I've deleted multiple 26 hour svaes due to mods but hey, its worth it when it works again. Any sve after an animation when laoded will load the full duration then crash jsut before it'd play sound. Its sucks really bad. I have long work days and this has been playing on my mind a lot.

I just said fuck it, and started over.  Lost my level 115 character.  I cleaned up my load order, got rid of several mods I didn't use, but hey, I can load my saves again.  For now.

2 minutes ago, Cassidy Adams said:

I feel for ya, my seems to be whenever I use an animation through AAF. I've deleted multiple 26 hour svaes due to mods but hey, its worth it when it works again. Any sve after an animation when laoded will load the full duration then crash jsut before it'd play sound. Its sucks really bad. I have long work days and this has been playing on my mind a lot.

1 minute ago, shadowlord445 said:

I just said fuck it, and started over.  Lost my level 115 character.  I cleaned up my load order, got rid of several mods I didn't use, but hey, I can load my saves again.  For now.

Were any of your mods any of the NSFW based ones? I've lost  a few 60's. Dago can't think of why and I really dont wanna get rid of the mods but maybe I need to get rid one by one until something clicks?

Yeah, I used RSE AAF 4.0, but I swapped that out for the Elements.  I use a bunch of animation mods.  I think the crashing may have had something to do with Family Planning Enhanced, because it relies on looksmenu morphing.  I couldn't load any game where my character was past 5 months pregnant.  I could load 5 months and earlier, but after that I couldn't.  So I just waited the pregnancy out, had the baby, and everything went back to normal.  But then I couldn't even load up the current save with a non pregnant character.  I just don't fucking know what was going on.

3 minutes ago, Cassidy Adams said:

Were any of your mods any of the NSFW based ones? I've lost  a few 60's. Dago can't think of why and I really dont wanna get rid of the mods but maybe I need to get rid one by one until something clicks?

1 minute ago, shadowlord445 said:

Yeah, I used RSE AAF 4.0, but I swapped that out for the Elements.  I use a bunch of animation mods.  I think the crashing may have had something to do with Family Planning Enhanced, because it relies on looksmenu morphing.  I couldn't load any game where my character was past 5 months pregnant.  I could load 5 months and earlier, but after that I couldn't.  So I just waited the pregnancy out, had the baby, and everything went back to normal.  But then I couldn't even load up the current save with a non pregnant character.  I just don't fucking know what was going on.

Hmmm... Mine aren't pregnant but maybe I'll disable it. Dago has mentioned to him, it seems like ti could be a body changing mod.

2 minutes ago, moddyguy said:

at this point i wont blame any mod but garbage CC update.  I will go play god of war and I know the community will figure it out once i beat give me god of war first play thru

Lmao, have fun. I've been told to try and fully follow all the guide for it, maybe itll help.

2 hours ago, McForthy said:

I have the same problem, after any animation and save I have an ctd when trying to load the save.

also having the freeze problem with LM

have disabled LM but the problem with the ctd is still there

If you use LOOT stop having it auto manage, I kept auto positioning it, every since I tried without shifting them using the auto manage function, and when I loaded them into it they stayed at the bottom of the load order and touch wood I've not had a crash for like 3 hours of game play with using different animations, saving, loading etc. 

Ever since updating to the latest, (Also had a full working game for Fallout 1.10.114) I had complete crashing from saves. After doing a bit of research, and waiting for all the mods to be compatible with Fallout 1.10.120 and F4SE latest update, everything seems to be working completely.

However, a rule of thumb to keep in mind, ever since the release of Fallout 3, I have turned off all saving and just manually save. Not quick save, but manually going in and saving. I also double save just in case if one of the saves may have saved wrong causing it to break. Another known issue when it comes to saving, having too many save files in your save folder will for some reason cause Fallout 4 to crash. I read about it when I ran into not being able to load a save. Also, I noticed that after updating from 1.10.114 to 1.10.120 and all components, my old save seemed incompatible with the new versions of the mods. Specifically Looksmenu. So, I started a new save and it seems to be working fully functional for the current moment in time. (Something you might have to do.)

Also, I had a problem with the CTD with taking the clothes off in Looksmenu, after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod itself, it seemed to correct the problem for me. May not for you.

3 minutes ago, Zombified said:

Ever since updating to the latest, (Also had a full working game for Fallout 1.10.114) I had complete crashing from saves. After doing a bit of research, and waiting for all the mods to be compatible with Fallout 1.10.120 and F4SE latest update, everything seems to be working completely.

However, a rule of thumb to keep in mind, ever since the release of Fallout 3, I have turned off all saving and just manually save. Not quick save, but manually going in and saving. I also double save just in case if one of the saves may have saved wrong causing it to break. Another known issue when it comes to saving, having too many save files in your save folder will for some reason cause Fallout 4 to crash. I read about it when I ran into not being able to load a save. Also, I noticed that after updating from 1.10.114 to 1.10.120 and all components, my old save seemed incompatible with the new versions of the mods. Specifically Looksmenu. So, I started a new save and it seems to be working fully functional for the current moment in time. (Something you might have to do.)

Also, I had a problem with the CTD with taking the clothes off in Looksmenu, after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod itself, it seemed to correct the problem for me. May not for you.

That is a good call. I believe stopping using LOOT, at least for now is working for me. Though I have genuinely spent over 30 hours of my time trying to sort this over the last 5 days. I am keepign auto saving as fallout can crash being  abeths game xd

2 hours ago, McForthy said:

I have the same problem, after any animation and save I have an ctd when trying to load the save.

also having the freeze problem with LM

have disabled LM but the problem with the ctd is still there

Also Kythana is a godsend for these.

Follow the advanced Install bit which is about making sure the mods get all the files. 

I followed this and didn't loot them into it's desired positions, I left them as I loaded and carefully added new things and moved their plug ins manually. My problem, I believe thus far, was caused by loot's positioning. 

47 minutes ago, Cassidy Adams said:

That is a good call. I believe stopping using LOOT, at least for now is working for me. Though I have genuinely spent over 30 hours of my time trying to sort this over the last 5 days. I am keepign auto saving as fallout can crash being  abeths game xd

See, I use loot, let the load order get configured and where I remember mod authors stating move X mod to the bottom of the load order, like Diamond City Expansion, I just move them into their proper places. But I also kept a load order template to help also. But, Quick saves and auto saves have been notorious for not saving correctly and crashing forever in a day since Fallout 3.

52 minutes ago, Zombified said:

Hrmmm. I may need to try this. LM has been exceptionally solid in the past, so I can give this a college try. Although, some folks are saying anything touching LM morphs is causing an issue. 

Still though, worth a try, for sure. 

Just now, Zombified said:

But I also kept a load order template to help also. But, Quick saves and auto saves have been notorious for not saving correctly and crashing forever in a day since Fallout 3.

This is 100% correct. Quicksaves are dumpster fires. 

Far as I know though, I have never had an issue with Autosave manager, which, IIRC..does full saves. I could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, Zombified said:

See, I use loot, let the load order get configured and where I remember mod authors stating move X mod to the bottom of the load order, like Diamond City Expansion, I just move them into their proper places. But I also kept a load order template to help also. But, Quick saves and auto saves have been notorious for not saving correctly and crashing forever in a day since Fallout 3.

Honestly after the hell I've been through, I am gonna try going manual at least for a bit. Generally theres a rough guide where to place most mods.

Archived