Nick Valetine and stimpacks.

Champis

Just something I need to get out there. Why in the fook, does Nick heal with stimpacks and not the robot repair kit?!!! ? Nick is fooking ROBOT. No really. Did anyone at Bethesda not check out any screenshots of Nick, which clearly show him to be, you know [Spoiler Alert] a robot? What is there in a stimpack, that could possibly benefit Nick in terms of repairing any damage. he suffers? (His 'skin' is basically a plastic-like substance). Nor does he have...blood, or organs, or a nervous system even. Hell, he doesn't not even appear to have a ROBOT power source of any kind. But ,jab him in the shoulder with a stimpack and hes good to go.  If stimpacks work on Nick, why dont they work on Ada? She has a much personality as Nick, but 'she' requires robot repair kits. WTF?!

Nick is not a Gen-3 synth, not even close. Maybe dev wanted us to feel Nick was just as 'human' as anyone else, so they flagged him healable with stims. Or maybe, they were just not thinking very hard about that little detail when they were doing up his NPC record. Hard to tell.....

Bethesda was lazy to update that stuff, based on his body would make sense, he is not biologial, however keep not everyone has automatron, so vanilla should heal him somehow.

4 hours ago, Jessywulfe said:

He is a synth, he does have human parts all synths use stimpacks. he is not a robot.

He is more human because he is prototype of 3 gen, but his body is different than the 3 gens who can benefit the stimpack, Nick is pure metal.

Spoiler

ScreenShot158.jpg.7a093b2b4d8bdd914b4af2731b3230ea.jpg

Isn't he consider himself an 2,5 gen synth? something between the 2 and 3 gen, I think he said that.

Yeah, right he is not full metal, but not organic like the gen 3, he goes to mechanics and do maintaninng himself :D .

I'm not question Nick's humanity in person, but his body is just close.

13 hours ago, Resdayn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot158.jpg.7a093b2b4d8bdd914b4af2731b3230ea.jpg

Isn't he consider himself an 2,5 gen synth? something between the 2 and 3 gen, I think he said that.

Yeah, right he is not full metal, but not organic like the gen 3, he goes to mechanics and do maintaninng himself :D .

I'm not question Nick's humanity in person, but his body is just close.

The advancement Nick and Dima represent, is in there wet-ware, their 'brains'. They were the first prototypes that thought, acted, and re-acted, like a human. Nick as we all know, was successfully imprinted with the memories and personality of a human being, likely the first time successfully. So much so, Nick at various points, thought he actually was a Boston Cop named Nick Valentine.  That was the break-through the Institute was working towards.

Physically, on the outside, they were built more or less on a Gen-2 platform. Plastic, skin, pseudo-human exterior. The merging of the Nick\Dima mental framework, and the later,  human' snths complete with DNA,  organs blood ,all that, came later with the Gen 3. So, yes, I suppose Gen 2.5 might be a good way of looking at him. Either way, Nick, is not biological like a Gen-3. He is still mechanical, and thus, nothing for a Stim-Pack to effect. 

If you want to see what Nick looks like 'naked', give him a piece of armor. OR, just look at DIMA, same idea. While they certainly can and do, think and act with human-like perceptions and motivations, they are no less mechanical than then the Gen 1 and 2 that preceded them.

I think I may have to make a mod to fix that little oddity.....

2 hours ago, Champis said:

The advancement Nick and Dima represent, is in there wet-ware, their 'brains'. They were the first prototypes that thought, acted, and re-acted, like a human. Nick as we all know, was successfully imprinted with the memories and personality of a human being, likely the first time successfully. So much so, Nick at various points, thought he actually was a Boston Cop named Nick Valentine.  That was the break-through the Institute was working towards.

Physically, on the outside, they were built more or less on a Gen-2 platform. Plastic, skin, pseudo-human exterior. The merging of the Nick\Dima mental framework, and the later,  human' snths complete with DNA,  organs blood ,all that, came later with the Gen 3. So, yes, I suppose Gen 2.5 might be a good way of looking at him. Either way, Nick, is not biological like a Gen-3. He is still mechanical, and thus, nothing for a Stim-Pack to effect. 

If you want to see what Nick looks like 'naked', give him a piece of armor. OR, just look at DIMA, same idea. While they certainly can and do, think and act with human-like perceptions and motivations, they are no less mechanical than then the Gen 1 and 2 that preceded them.

I think I may have to make a mod to fix that little oddity.....

Yeah pretty much, lore-wise the repair kit would be the heal for him.

Archived