New Camera Features

I've been playing around with the new camera features and I've stumbled upon some interesting things. Namely how you can move around the map.

At first, I just thought pressing tab was a way to get rid of the overlay and normal camera rules would still apply but by accident, I found you can get even more angles than you could in first person mode.

Pressing Q lowers the camera angle to the ground, and even through it if you are on the second floor or above a basement, E will do the opposite but there is no upper limit to how high you can go, at least not one I found. Objects can be passed through and seen from inside. Even the normal map barriers are no longer present in this mode. I'd like to mention that the closer to the ground you are, the slower forward and back you can move, up until you reach the map limits, where you'll suddenly zoom forward unexpectedly.

Another interesting thing I found was the insides of all the other lots are still loaded. In this mode you can visit inside the other houses and, with some issues, each room will load as you enter it, furniture, windows, doors. Everything but sims can be loaded in the unvisited homes.

I thought I'd share this because this presents the opportunity for people to take very interesting screenshots of their sims. Here are a few of the map I took.

11-30-18_12-49-45 AM.png

11-30-18_12-52-06 AM.png

11-30-18_12-52-41 AM.png

11-30-18_12-53-07 AM.png

11-30-18_12-53-34 AM.png

11-30-18_12-54-59 AM.png

11-30-18_12-33-39 AM.png

11-30-18_12-38-47 AM.png

11-30-18_12-48-36 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived