DS Silver Knight Set HDT by DKnight13

View File

DS Silver Knight Set.zip Adds the Silver Knight set from Dark Souls. The set comes with the Silver Knight Helmet, Armor, Gauntlets, Leggings, and Shield. The shield is also dual-sheath redux/equipping overhaul compatible. The armour set can be crafted at any forge under the "Advance Armors" smithing perk and can be tempered at any work bench. Armor set also comes with complete Silver Knight weapons all crafted under the "Elven" smithing perk and can be tempered. And exclusive weapon Ledo's Great Hammer crafted under "Ebony" smithing perk with tempering. Greatarrows have knock-back effect. The Silver Knight Armor now comes with HDT PE cloth physics for the cape.   

NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!!! Please see All-in-on pack: https://www.patreon.com/posts/dark-souls-pack-28440619

Credits:

Original contents from the Souls series' Dark Souls, by From Software

Meshes/Textures by @Nameless God for Dragonslayer Greatbow/Greatarrows/Lightning Arrows

Mesh Rigger by KGTools: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87672

HDT assets by Team TAL

HDT Physics Extension by HydrogensaysHDT: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/22/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

On 11/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, Xerperious said:

Thank you for this, have you thought about vertex painting the helmet to make the black parts non reflective/glossy?

Your welcome, I will once I have time to work on it. Right now I've finished up the Tarkus set. Would it be okay if I use the Greatsword from your mod in the showcase photos for Tarkus?

8 hours ago, DKnight13 said:

Your welcome, I will once I have time to work on it. Right now I've finished up the Tarkus set. Would it be okay if I use the Greatsword from your mod in the showcase photos for Tarkus?

As long as you are not making money from it in any way.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that a lot of the mesh parts had missing weighting which results in polygons not being rendered (for instance, the cloak in your screenshots). I applied some basic weighting to those spots to eliminate the missing polies issue, but haven't tested them out ingame so you might want to tweak them more so that they animate better. 

Spoiler

468140761_missingweightssilverarmor.PNG.6ea709bc2b979294fe5e44f5d62cdd2b.PNG

Spoiler

351276810_gapssilverknight.PNG.561b0db3c99bcaa62bf8726bdf863c83.PNG

I also fixed the shader flags so the armor should now be reflective. I can't seem to get the gauntlets to be as glossy as I want, which might be caused by a difference in the textures. Still need to work on them more, but I'll go ahead and post what I've got.

Spoiler

silverknight.thumb.PNG.aef75b75ef3f2be7baca68c5730c3fef.PNG

Silver Knight Armor.nif

Silver Knight Gauntlets.nif

Silver Knight Helm.nif

Silver Knight Leggings.nif

4 hours ago, Siegmeyer said:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that a lot of the mesh parts had missing weighting which results in polygons not being rendered (for instance, the cloak in your screenshots). I applied some basic weighting to those spots to eliminate the missing polies issue, but haven't tested them out ingame so you might want to tweak them more so that they animate better. 

Reveal hidden contents

468140761_missingweightssilverarmor.PNG.6ea709bc2b979294fe5e44f5d62cdd2b.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

351276810_gapssilverknight.PNG.561b0db3c99bcaa62bf8726bdf863c83.PNG

I also fixed the shader flags so the armor should now be reflective. I can't seem to get the gauntlets to be as glossy as I want, which might be caused by a difference in the textures. Still need to work on them more, but I'll go ahead and post what I've got.

Reveal hidden contents

silverknight.thumb.PNG.aef75b75ef3f2be7baca68c5730c3fef.PNG

Silver Knight Armor.nif

Silver Knight Gauntlets.nif

Silver Knight Helm.nif

Silver Knight Leggings.nif

Thank you again so much for this @Siegmeyer! I don't how you did it but this looks amazing! The only thing is the cape looks metallic as well, but I could try and probably fix that. I can't export nifs from my blender for some reason. I use blender version 2.79b 

20181128133920_1.jpg

20181128134024_1.jpg

5 hours ago, DKnight13 said:
Spoiler

Thank you again so much for this @Siegmeyer! I don't how you did it but this looks amazing! The only thing is the cape looks metallic as well, but I could try and probably fix that. I can't export nifs from my blender for some reason. I use blender version 2.79b 

20181128133920_1.jpg

Spoiler

20181128134024_1.jpg

For edits to shader properties you should just use NifSkope. What I did was set the Shader type (first line under BSLightingShaderProperty) to Environment Map, add the Environment Mapping flag to the first line of Shader Flags and add the "Vertex Colors" and "Double-Sided" flags to the second line of Shader Flags. Then scroll down to the bottom and set Environment Map Scale to a non-zero value (I usually start with 0.8 for shiny armor).
The first two steps are necessary to add the reflections, the last step governs the intensity of said reflections. Vertex Colors can help alleviate some of the issues with meshes appearing too dark in certain lighting. Double-Sided applies the textures to both sides of the triangles, which prevents meshes from being "invisible" when seen from the opposite side (as in the case of the gauntlets in your armor port). If the cloak being glossy bothers you, disabling Vertex Colors might fix it. I thought I set the shader type back to Default and removed the environment map textures, but somehow the glossiness is persisting. I would also try adjusting the Specular Strength, and also changing the Specular Color to something other than white. 

For editing the weights, I recommend using Outfit Studio. You can load the naked Malebody_1.nif as a reference (make sure to pick the body from the dropdown menu, not the underwear). Then just select the mesh shapes and switch to the Bones tab, painting the weights to closely match the vanilla body. It takes some practice and lots of ingame testing to get it right (I actually tested the meshes I sent you a while ago, and the weighting on the cloak is still super bad even after my edits. I plan on fixing it soon and sending you a copy of my finalized work).

On 11/28/2018 at 8:14 PM, Siegmeyer said:

For edits to shader properties you should just use NifSkope. What I did was set the Shader type (first line under BSLightingShaderProperty) to Environment Map, add the Environment Mapping flag to the first line of Shader Flags and add the "Vertex Colors" and "Double-Sided" flags to the second line of Shader Flags. Then scroll down to the bottom and set Environment Map Scale to a non-zero value (I usually start with 0.8 for shiny armor).
The first two steps are necessary to add the reflections, the last step governs the intensity of said reflections. Vertex Colors can help alleviate some of the issues with meshes appearing too dark in certain lighting. Double-Sided applies the textures to both sides of the triangles, which prevents meshes from being "invisible" when seen from the opposite side (as in the case of the gauntlets in your armor port). If the cloak being glossy bothers you, disabling Vertex Colors might fix it. I thought I set the shader type back to Default and removed the environment map textures, but somehow the glossiness is persisting. I would also try adjusting the Specular Strength, and also changing the Specular Color to something other than white. 

For editing the weights, I recommend using Outfit Studio. You can load the naked Malebody_1.nif as a reference (make sure to pick the body from the dropdown menu, not the underwear). Then just select the mesh shapes and switch to the Bones tab, painting the weights to closely match the vanilla body. It takes some practice and lots of ingame testing to get it right (I actually tested the meshes I sent you a while ago, and the weighting on the cloak is still super bad even after my edits. I plan on fixing it soon and sending you a copy of my finalized work).

Hey @Siegmeyer! Thanks again for giving me tips and tricks on how to use nifskope. I was able to get the Silver Knight Armor to the right amount of shininess. What I did was increase the Environment Map Scale to 1 and completely disabled the "Vertex Colors" option in the second shader flags line. For the cape i was able to fix it by completely removing the specular map and setting the shader type to Environment Map and set it's scale to 0.8. I also disabled EnvMap_Light_Fade for the cape which gave it's color back. I also did the same thing for the Tarkus Set. I'm going to post the armor updates soon and be sure to thank you again. Cheers!    

20181129182308_1.jpg

20181129182316_1.jpg

20181129182322_1.jpg

20181129182331_1.jpg

20181129182340_1.jpg

20181129182346_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...