The L World with xeosp++

Meng Yi

Hi all,

Today, while searching about interesting mods for oblivion, i found 'The L Wolrd', i just thought that it can be nice to have a world that contains only females (at least, to see how things are going).

So, i downloaded every requirements except xeo5 cause i'm using xeosp++. But, when unpacking everything, i noticed that the main esp was only a replacer for xeo.

Do you know if a xeosp++ version exists or if there is another mod that can do the same ?

Thanks

Do you know if a xeosp++ version exists or if there is another mod that can do the same ?

AFAIK its just the Xeo5 replacer.

Now' date=' its not [i']that[/i] hard to change genders, just time consuming. So if you are really interested you can make it yourself. I just live with the Xeo5 version.

I use the L World mod and I like it. But one problem is that some originally-male NPCs have no hair afterwards. I've read that its a problem with the installation of the pre-requisites, but I've tried installing it at least three different ways and it always happens. I just made a script that adds a wig to the NPC and forces them to equip it, and that's how I deal with it.

I use the L World mod and I like it. But one problem is that some originally-male NPCs have no hair afterwards. I've read that its a problem with the installation of the pre-requisites' date=' but I've tried installing it at least three different ways and it always happens. I just made a script that adds a wig to the NPC and forces them to equip it, and that's how I deal with it.

[/quote']

Eh? I didn't have that problem. I've done a lot of work converting other mods to work with L World and I've never had a formerly male NPC suddenly not have hair.

Alright, how to make a mod compatible with L World.

I can't provide screenshots right now, but if they are necessary, I can add some later.

There are two ways I'm going to describe, one is the quick and dirty method that you should not use, the other is the more complicated but better method.

First, Quick and Dirty. Only requirement is the TESIV Construction Set.

Open up the CS, then load the plugin you want to make comptible, make sure you set it as the Active File.

Once the CS has loaded the plugin, go to the Objects menu and scroll up on the left until you see the "NPC" category. Select it, and then in the right part of the window, you will see a list of all NPCs. Scroll through till you find the ones from the mod (they are generally lumped together, and will be marked with an Asterisk). Double click on one of the mod's NPCs, to open the editing dialog. On the left side you will see a variety of information about the NPC, including a checkbox that says "Female". If its checked, then the NPC is female, if its unchecked, the NPC is male. Just go through all the NPCs in the mod, and mark them all as female.

Then save and exit.

Now, this is not recommended, mostly because you would have to redo this every time the mod updates, and it just in general is a bad idea to directly modify a plugin unless you have to, there are much better ways to go about things.

Here is the best, most reliable and effective way of going about this. To do this you will need some extra stuff.

Wrye Bash

TES4Edit

Construction Set Extender

Alright, hopefully you already have all of those, but if not, install them and get them them set up.

All set? Well, here we go.

This method will create a Bash-mergeable patch containing only the NPC records we are altering. Since the patch is mergeable via Wrye Bash, it will not take up any extra space in your load order.

Open up TES4Edit. You will have a list of all your loaded mods. Right-click and choose "Deselect All". Now, find the mod you want to make compatible, and select it, then hit OK. After a bit of loading, you will be ready to go.

On the left side, you should see listings for Oblivion.esm and the mod you are interested in. Use the "+" button next to the mod to open its tree. You should see a whole list of record types, scroll down till you see the one that says "NPC" Open it up, and you will see a list of all the NPCs added by the mod. Select all of them (Choose the first one, hold down Shift, select the last), then right-click. Choose "Copy As Override". You will be given a list of possible plugins to copy into, you want to make a new one, so select the bottom option and hit OK. You will be prompted to name your new plugin. I always name them " L World", but you can use whatever you want, just remember it!

Now you will have just made a new plugin of your own. Close the existing plugin's branches, and instead open up your new one. You will see that it only contains the "NPC" Category. Open that up and select one of the NPCs. Over on the right, you will see two columns, the first listing the NPC as they appear in the original mod, the second how they appear in your plugin. You will note that they are identical, which is fine. Now, at this point I actually use TES4Edit to change the NPC's gender, and also usually to add in Sensual Walks compatibility, but we'll skip that last part, and instead do the gender change in the Construction Set. However if you know how to work with TES4Edit, feel free to do it my way, and if you want, I'll go into how to do it in detail later.

Ok, close TES4Edit by hitting the "X" at the top, you'll be prompted to save your new plugin. Go ahead and do so.

Now for this next part, you need Construction Set Extender. I'm not going to explain how to do it without it, you should use the CSE. No excuses at all for not doing so.

Alright, start up the CSE, and go to the open plugin dialog. You are going to select three plugins. First select "Xeoex.esp", then the mod you are patching, and then your new patch. Make your patch the active file. Load the files.

Navigate to the NPC category, and you will see that the CSE conveniently lumps all the NPCs together at the top and highlights them in green. Open up the first one. We'll assume that this NPC was male.

First, hit the checkbox to make the NPC female, though you may notice that this doesn't change their face to look more female. In the same area, there is a drop-down box labeled "Race". Opening it you will see that Xeo adds multiple versions of the races, we'll say this NPC is an Imperial. You should see races like "ImperialB01, ImperialG01, ImperialG02", etc etc. As you select them, you can see that the NPC's face changes a bit, this allows for a bit more variety among the races. At any rate, choose one of them, it doesn't really matter.

Now, in the middle part of the dialog box, there are a number or different tabs, way over on the right, near the 3d render of the NPC's face, you will see a tab named "Face". Select it. Here you can make some general changes to the NPC's appearance, change their age, their hair, hair color and eye color. What you want to do however is make the NPC look feminine, since they probably look kinda odd right now. The top slider is "Age", slide it all the way to the left, then hit the checkbox that says "Lock Age". The other two sliders you can ignore. Down a bit you will see a button labeled "Generate". Hit that, it will generate a new random face. What I do is I just hit that a few times till I am satisfied, then maybe change their hair (you have lots and lots to choose from!) and their hair and eye color. When you are done, hit Save to finish with the NPC. Then repeat with all other NPCs added by the mod.

When done, save and exit the CSE.

Now I'm going to assume you've used Wrye Bash, so I won't go into too many details.

Open up Wrye Bash, you should see your patch down at the bottom of your load order. It will be in green text, noting that it is mergeable. Move it up to above your Bashed Patch. Then right click, and rebuild your patch, you will be prompted to deactivate and merge the new ESP. hit OK and then rebuild.

And you are done!

However, there is one, very, very important thing to keep in mind. An NPC's Gender is saved in your game once they've been loaded at least once. So you MUST do a clean save of the mod you are patching, or make the patch before you load the mod into your game.

Thanks a lot for your tutorial, it was a very big help for the first mod i've done, it was very easy with your explanations :)

Edit : if i want to share my work (just in case someone would be interrested), do i have to ask to permission from the persons who've made the mod to publish the patch i've made?

Thanks a lot for your tutorial' date=' it was a very big help for the first mod i've done, it was very easy with your explanations :)

Edit : if i want to share my work (just in case someone would be interrested), do i have to ask to permission from the persons who've made the mod to publish the patch i've made?

[/quote']

You really should get their permission, thats why I haven't shared my patches yet.

Thanks a lot for your tutorial' date=' it was a very big help for the first mod i've done, it was very easy with your explanations :)

[/quote']

You really should get their permission, thats why I haven't shared my patches yet.

ok, thanks a lot for your help :)

Archived