F4SE does not work right for some reason

3 hours ago, Michael123487 said:

i have a problem with my F4SE it says F4SE has not been installed correctly (its scripts folder is missing most probably) i dont know how to fix this i have tried to uninstalling it many times

I would recommend not bothering with the installer. I've heard many reports of it not installing correctly. (I have no idea why.) Uninstall it one more time and set the installer aside. Download the archive version and just copy the contents to your game folder (where fallout4 lives.) If you're using MO2 there's another step you can take to monitor the scripts folder, but it's kinda useless on the others. (And if you ever need to undo that, just compare the archive to your game folder and remove the files according to the archive list.)

This method works 100% of the time for me.

50 minutes ago, Sulphur.999 said:

I would recommend not bothering with the installer. I've heard many reports of it not installing correctly. (I have no idea why.) Uninstall it one more time and set the installer aside. Download the archive version and just copy the contents to your game folder (where fallout4 lives.) If you're using MO2 there's another step you can take to monitor the scripts folder, but it's kinda useless on the others. (And if you ever need to undo that, just compare the archive to your game folder and remove the files according to the archive list.)

This method works 100% of the time for me.

i use 7zip to copy the files into my game folder so i dont know what is wrong i could just wait for the next update

well, lets put it simply YOU DONE FUCKED UP. its just because it wasn't installed properly most likely. unlike what calydor said usually F4SE doesn't run and throws up a text box saying your F4SE is not for the latest version of Fallout 4 if that's the case. if you are having trouble with installing it I'm assuming you've never installed one manually before. so when you go to install you should have an SRC folder, the F4SE_loader, some other files in the main fallout 4 folder all labeled F4SE. plus I think things in the data folder (doing this based on memory).

Archived