Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

hello everyone here I have a problem I install the customizer I press the F3 key but after that I have to do I do not understand I press on the numbers numerique pad but nothing want to work if someone can m ' help her be nice I specify that I also have the mod ReplaceBlackPareo_wNudeStraps  sorry for my english

(DOAX-VenusVacation \ Mods \ ReplaceBlackPareo_wNudeStraps)

(DOAX-VenusVacation \ Mods \ Costumes \ CostumeCustomizer \ 01)

Sans titre 1.jpg

@yoplay - You shouldn't really have both CostumeCustomizer and ReplaceBlackPareo_wNudeStraps active at the same time, so either remove or prefix one of them with DISABLED. Also, for the numbers, you need to use the number row on the keyboard and not the NUMPAD numbers (as those are identified with a different keycode).

Thank you for a wonderful mod!!?
It works fine, but could you please tell me what I should do to eliminate the following WARNING?

Environment:

• 3D Vision Mod v1.9
  • CostumeCustomizer_v1.5.1, with WIP Pack (2/9/2019), Nude Straps Set1 v2.0, Fishnet And Lace v2.0
  • some other costume mods
  • DOAXVV Graphics Mod [DOAHDM] [Reshade]

I would appreciate your attention and support!?‍♂️

94682691_2019-02-26(4).jpg.964de56917a22bc958dbd53f7aaad71b.jpg

@leaf0920 - So I'm not sure where ViewState came from, because I can't seem to find anything about it. If it truly is in your d3dx.ini, then maybe you should replace it back with the original from the 3D Vision mod v1.9. If you've been carrying around an old version of the d3dx.ini that you modified, you probably will need to baseline off the latest version and remake the edits to it (if they still apply).

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@leaf0920 - So I'm not sure where ViewState came from, because I can't seem to find anything about it. If it truly is in your d3dx.ini, then maybe you should replace it back with the original from the 3D Vision mod v1.9. If you've been carrying around an old version of the d3dx.ini that you modified, you probably will need to baseline off the latest version and remake the edits to it (if they still apply).

Thank you for your reply, KuroKaze78!

I know that [Viewstate] didn't exist in my d3dx.ini, but I replaced it with the original from the 3D Vision mod v1.9. ...Unfortunately the same warning appeared.? I'll rebuild my mod environment and check it.

By the way, is there a way to temporarily disable this mod without WARNING? I changed the folder name as follows to restore the state just before introducing CostumeCustomizer, and then many WARNINGS appear in launcher.(like this-----> WARNING: Unrecognised entry: $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\...)

Rename: mods\costumes\CostumeCustomzier → mods\costumes\DISABLED CostumeCustomzier

Sorry for asking you again.

@leaf0920 - The warning you got after disabling CostumeCustomizer is expected. Its because of how the persisted variables work in 3DMigoto. renaming "CostumeCustomizer" to "DISABLED CostumeCustomizer" properly disabled the mod, however there are references to it stored in the d3dx_user.ini which is what its warning about. I believe that warning "WARNING: Unrecognised entry: $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\..." would go away (along with your last saved settings for CostumeCustomizer) if you do any of these:

• press "F10" after disabling to resave d3dx_user.ini w/ only the valid variables
  • manually edit the d3dx_user.ini to remove references to CostumeCustomizer
  • delete the d3dx_user.ini file manually before launching
  • press CTRL+ALT+F10 does a "factory reset" of 3dmigoto and wipes all stored variables out of d3dx_user.ini.

Back to the original problem though, if its not in the d3dx.ini file, then just search for the ini files in the DOAXVV /Mods folder and one of them should have it in it. You can use a text editor with a "find in files" search like Notepad++, SublimeText to search for "ViewState" in any "*.ini" files in the DOAXVV/Mods folders.

@saamkub - Yes, and not only do you need the suit, but your character must be currently wearing the suit on screen. This is to restrict the menu to only the current active model type since technically its 3 different menus (one for each model type) and it shows the correct one. If you press F3 while 2 different characters are on screen there will likely be some complications to using it, so just don't do that.

For directions on how to use, refer to the first post in the "How to Use" section. The Takao suit is an R suit so its available to randomly get from either event or venus gacha pulls. You may also be able to get one randomly from the Stamina Rank A or S story-festival matches (not completely positive about this but I think I've seen it happen).

On 10/14/2018 at 3:28 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

How to Use:

This mod replaces the Black Pareo R suit (currently only for Common body-type, for the first release before sorting out any remaining bugs)

Getting Started

First you will need to gift the suit to your character (only once per character for each suit, and only really for suits that aren't specific to a character like N, R, or APL-based SR suits), the suit is only a Rare suit, so you can easily get them from either the main story matches randomly or from event/venus gacha pulls (R suits aren't included in friendship point gacha).

Reveal hidden contents

From the main screen, go to the Girl Menu

01.png.e248b2ebeea308308aac39dcfbecc725.png

Now go to the gifting menu

Gift.png.419b32c46daf2ca45528bfc46a876f19.png

Now switch to Swimsuit Gifting

SuitGift.png.ff31a77b0cfc557163fb3b0d8a0232b6.png

Now Gift the suit in question to the character if she does not yet have it. If its grayed out, then you have already given the suit to the character. Click the item, and drag it over the character to gift it to them.

GiftPresent.png.7dccabf1265cb9d3c3c0cadc639349f6.png

Next, make sure you switch to the correct costume for home screen character, or any character you wish to use it.

Reveal hidden contents

From the main screen, go to the Girl Menu.

01.png.e248b2ebeea308308aac39dcfbecc725.png

Now go to the Swimsuit menu for the girl.

02.png.77b7b1505a8f433435135d3ddae38dfb.png

This menu controls what the girl wears while on the home screen.

Now locate the suit in question, and drag it on top of your character.

03.png.4239be8374f760b7c78c3f8662330eb1.png

It'll show what you are wearing on the right.

04.png.793493b1a9cb24bd8977fcbc6223d5f6.png

Now any time you are wearing that suit and the girl is also being displayed on screen you can use F3 to open up the Costumization menu.

Optional: Having the character use the home-screen suit during matches (only visually, stats are still based of what they have equipped)

Reveal hidden contents

Go to the Coordinate menu.

01b.png.82dd8951e2e3f4e7720357e425888bd9.png

Now the Swimsuit Coordination menu

02b.png.ba0941cec25d8a01ba90f6b4a9ce5b76.png

This menu controls what the character wears during matches for stats. If the box is unchecked, she will wear what she has equipped on this menu during matches. If you check the box, she will wear the home-screen clothes during matches for appearance only.

03b.png.4a0a407574acc7778687f8c1a78eb77f.png

Once, your character is equipped with the suit, any time the character is displayed on screen you should be able to utilize the customization menu as described below. Note, it is not recommended using the customization menu while there are multiple characters on screen (You can attempt to, but it may have unexpected results of which character model you are customizing).

What a great advice! I was able to solve all my troubles(#132, #134) perfectly!

The ini file that caused the WARNING ([ViewState], #132) and its location were identified by using Notepad++ with "find in files". It told me "C:\Users\leaf0\DOAX-VenusVacation\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\03\desktop.ini". It seems that the desktop.ini was generated automatically when I cutomized folder settings (optimizing the folder for Pictures). I could never find it without your help because it was a hidden file.

I attach images as it might be of help to others. I'm sorry if it is annoying.

Thanks for your kind help. I'll give you LOVE from JAPAN!???2019-02-28.png.a6f9cd5ebe73a60a777739442a5fff10.pngfft_1.png.3a178e581944511f76aa60f8f7fc453a.png

@applemoon 

So, that error messages seems more like you disabled or renamed the CostumeCustomizer after using it previously. If it was renamed, then I'd imagine there are lots of other errors. If it was disabled, then you can get rid of the errors by saving again (press F10) or deleting/clearing out d3dx_user.ini.

Moving forward, please let me know where you are in the install process, what works or doesn't work and what you have tried. I'll also try to deal with the language barrier.

@nikkrom

So, I got a message back from @psbox001 at the start of year with this problem (0x80004002 error on all png files). I mentioned to try and verify they could open png files normally since it almost sounds like the file extension isn't being properly handled but I didn't hear anything back after that.

@hoshihara

Easiest way to fix that, is to edit and re-export the mod-pack ini files. Use the CostumeCustomizer Mod Pack Generator available from the modding resources download.

Once you have that, use:

File > Open

Select the CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml inside the folder where you have the modified mod pack.

Now you can edit the icons, previews, meshes, options, presets in the tool. Once you've made the changes, save and export the INI files so that you can reload using F10 to see the update in game.

Saving:

File > Save

Export

File > Export

Specifically to fix the shadows on the panties, go to each model's tab (Common/Honoka/Marie Rose), then the Panties inner tab.

Each Option is displayed on the left side. Selecting one of them will populate the center section with the meshes and options for that Option.

Currently, the lace panties in that set only had 1 mesh, so for that mesh, change the Shadows: "Enable" to "Disabled"

If you updated all 3 color variants, you'll need to update that modification in each Option in the left panel, and don't forget to make the same correction on the other models (if you also adjusted them).

image.png.77a8a7c7d82fcf70344a0223a5e264fc.png

I'm trying to swap the swimsuit to other swimsuit, but it seems this Black Pareo is already the best swimsuit for swapping because of the alpha.
In other swimsuit, if I need to have a double side alpha with right shadow, I need to swap 2 hash of mesh to make it perfect.

One is the normal mesh that NOT cast the shadow, and one is the flipped normal mesh that cast the shadow.

But, in Black Pareo just only replace one hash of mesh, and it will drawing to 2 side with alpha and shadow.

I'm wondering, it is possible to make something e.g. pixelshader to force a mesh to draw 2 side with alpha and right shadow?

Right shadow is mean this:

rightShadow.jpg.be8f90479cca25c28305904ea149c9b9.jpg

This is the wrong shadow if I swapped the normal + flipped normal mesh that both casting the shadow:

WrongShadow.jpg.f9cc9b261e9461f240fd23cc43ef969d.jpg

@applemoon - Those errors now make it seem like you haven't updated main DOAXVV 3Dmigoto to the latest revision that added new capabilities (version 1.9): https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/03/dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation.html

@minazuki - To be honest, I gave up trying to figure out on my own how the normals/flipped normals affected the rendering of both alpha and shadows. There definitely are differences in the suits in how they are drawn in respect to both of those aspects. Some alpha-enabled pixel shaders support overlapping translucent meshes (Flower SR) while others don't (Most others including the black pareo) and some shadow shaders support what seems to be an alpha cut-off (Luna's Asari) while others don't (again most others).

What I would recommend is try enabling all of the buffer dumps for clothing and shadows (temporarily, for sanity sake) using dump_cb, dump_vb, dump_ib and do the simplest scene dump you can. Then identify which ones are for the clothing piece you care about and pretty much isolate every single thing that's different out them. When I was originally doing this I only really went as far as the vb/ib layer (because i wasn't yet aware of how the CBs were handled) and noticed that it looked like the solid clothing was drawn once and the alpha-enabled meshes were being drawn twice (for the black pareo suit). You can check out my post back from then, but even looking at just the vertex and index buffers there were a ton of calls made for shadows all scattered throughout the frame and some even used different meshes (but identified as the same hash), I haven't yet revisited this level of research to see specifically what was different in the Constant buffers used in the shaders and what impact they made.

From a technical perspective for your direct question about a custom pixel shader, I don't think its possible to have 1 pixel shader handle both sides at the same time, but maybe you could possibly look to create a shader that could flip the normals automatically to avoid creating both variations of the mesh. Isolating the specific draw calls could prove difficult however to figure out which ones are supposed to be flipped and which ones aren't. Sorry I don't have any concrete info to help you, most of my 3D modeling/drawing/shader experience was pretty much self-taught through analysis, trial and error from this game.

Also, for possible other alpha-enabled N/R Suits, I listed them earlier:

On 12/30/2018 at 9:45 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

Possible N/R suits:

120?cb=20160401221459

• Takao - Black Pareo
    • Current Implentation
    • 90% skirt (may be complete armature set, but i haven't still haven't compared skirt-specific vertex groups yet)

120?cb=20160411121651

• Orchid - white lace
    • No skirt armatures (not ideal)

120?cb=20160411182627

• Ragdoll - blue romper looking suit

120?cb=20160401235351

• Champs Elysees - orange long pareo
    • More skirt armatures (possible)

120?cb=20160411121048

• Daffodil - baby blue bikini & skirt
    • Full skirt (ideal)
    • Different alpha-enabled pixel shader (untested)

120?cb=20160411185551120?cb=20160411185621

• Marlin/Puppis - Logo Bikini
    • Same VB/IB hash between suits, targetting textures unreliable
    • Unique implementation of current alpha-enabled pixel shader (different parameters/effects?)

Thanks for the reply.

What is overlapping translucent meshes?
And you mean which Flower SR?

Flower-SR.jpg.10dcaf50945fe161f1f600bfcedc6ac0.jpg

I may guess the right one, if I looking the files in Blender.

I had tried replace all CBs that I can found, but no luck.
I replaced:
ps-cb1, ps-cb2, ps-cb3, ps-cb4, ps-cb6
vs-cb1, vs-cb2, vs-cb7, vs-cb9

Also I tried to edit the shader to flipped the draw side.
The Normal should be on the vertex shader, but it will make something display wrong when applied, even it just patched by 3Dmigoto in ShaderFixes without any edit.
Anyway, I just edit the Normal by * -1 to see any happens.
The mesh is just brighter, and the draw side is not flipped.
But I'm very new on shader, may be I edited it wrongly.

Yeah, the easiest way may just find another suit to do it.
I was tried the N/R suit with skirt before, and only Black Pareo can do it.

And I just tested the others:

Orchid - white lace
Draw 2 times to make alpha + double side (like Black Pareo)

Ragdoll - blue romper looking suit
Draw 4 times to make alpha + double side

Champs Elysees - orange long pareo
I'm currently swapping on this, so it is draw 4 times to make alpha + double side
And the ribbon on waist is draw 2 times + alpha but only one side

Daffodil - baby blue bikini & skirt
Draw 4 times to make alpha + double side

Marlin/Puppis - Logo Bikini
Draw 2 times + alpha but only one side

Okay, I may swap the suit without skirt by white lace, and only swap the suit with skirt by Champs Elysees.
Fortunately, the skirt always is not my favorite.

I found that I can remove the wrong shadow by replace the ps-cb2, so I can just duplicate the faces and flip them in blender to replace one mesh only to make it 2 side without the wrong shadow.

Also I just find a conflict in the CC's ShaderOverrides.ini, it affected all swapped alpha mesh with ps hash = 8ab8b0dcca924945.

Because the d3dx.ini is already have this ps hash override.

Spoiler

1.jpg.4637ed9b385674a7bd21fddeaa5c4d58.jpg

2.jpg.4c94bde339dce3a8213ed65525b52d34.jpg

It will reduce the transparency either.

Spoiler

3.jpg.30aad8be88035bc7be8f65667ab7e698.jpg4.jpg.3cfc5dd593f810c31c942910d20c2d89.jpg

@minazuki - I'm aware of the hash conflict, but it shouldn't cause any problems since overrule means they both will run however the second one shouldn't cause any extra draw calls. I could have asked for the changes to go into the d3dx.ini, however I was trying to avoid going back to that. So far from my testing I haven't seen any changes to other suits whether I have ShaderOverrides.ini enabled or disabled. The entire need of the ShaderOverrides.ini is so that I could swap the pixel shader only when a given mesh was drawn using a certain shader. In the future, 3DMigoto may have the ability to test what the current ps hash is during a texture override (and then ShaderOverrides.ini can go away) but for now its either that or changing the d3dx.ini to do what I needed to do.

For your screenshots, are these your own test replacements or screenshots from messing with CostumeCustomizer? For me, CostumeCustomizer already looks like the second screenshot for the Aradia Neck piece as I don't see the highlighted issue in my implementation.

image.png.d6f32cd967dea3816a5719ec2af1ad1a.png

• 2 weeks later...