Sexlab Crosshair Target Removal

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to remove the crosshair target when all sexlab scenes start?

I'm guesing this is currently up to the mod that initiates the scene which makes sense. But what if I wanted all scenes, regardless of which mod started it, to disable crosshair targets.

Is there a way I could script that?

Cheers!

OK so I tried iHud but it seems this is out of the scope of what it does. The issue I'm having is that when you initiate a scene through dialogue, if you don't look away before it starts then the  "E talk to NPC" thing displays for the whole scene. A minor annoyance I know but I wondered if there's a way to remove it. I also noticed if you hit E by mistake whilst in the scene if the message is shown it messes up your controls.

1 hour ago, frkncnky said:

I have another solution but it might be hard to do evrytime..When sex scene start you can go settings/display and lower hud display..After sex scene fnish you can up it again..I dont know there are other solutions but its better then nothing.

So progress of a sort, it would seem you can temporarliy tweak game settings using skse64.

I could call this on the sexlab animation start event: Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fHUDOpacity", 0.0)

And then when it finshes: Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fHUDOpacity", 1.0)

2 problems with this method though, firstly the dialogue is still there, just hidden from view and you can still hit E and mess things up. Secondly if you use SLSO for instance, you would lose the hud for that.

It's not that I need to use it, it's just that it can mess up your controls if you hit E by mistake is all.

I tried the Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fHUDOpacity", 0.0)  thing but it didn't work sadly.

There is a way to disable the E key using Game.DisablePlayerControls(false, false, false, false, false, false, true) but enabling it afterwards seems to be unreliable.

Edit: I also tried Game.SetCameraTarget(none) lol - clutching at straws now!

What?  You don't want to talk to your lover while having sex?  Insensitive bastard!!!  ?

Unfortunately there have been discussions on this in under oldrim, but no viable solution has ever been found other than (as mentioned) looking away from the partner before Sexlab kicks in (that's what I usually do).  Hopefully you'll  something better.  Reassigning or disabling the e-key was a thought as well, but like you said, reactivating or reassigning back to original could be an issue.  Sexlab does have a builtin mechanism for disabling keyboard entry (during "aggressive" animations) - maybe something there to tie into?

Another thought:  Someone (CPU, maybe?) had a mod that added a "fade to black" prior to animations starting (basically using the game's fade-to-black to hide some of the clunky repositioning that goes on with Sexlab prior to the animations starting).  I don't use that mod myself, but do the users of that mod see the talk text?  If not, maybe something that mod does can help.  Like you said, clutching at straws...

35 minutes ago, srayesmanll said:

What?  You don't want to talk to your lover while having sex?  Insensitive bastard!!!  ?

haha you got me there!

I'll look into the fade to black mod, cheers

Edit no joy with that either.

Oh well, I guess if there was a way, someone would have made a mod that does it by now.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, mamara said:

sry to necro on this thread but i come from the future and i think someone made the mod

That's an SKSE plugin (basically a .dll file) and it's made for regular Skyrim. You would need to convert it to work in Skyrim SE. Converting .dll files is not something everyone can do, but at least the source code is available, if any brave soul is up to the task.