Zaz Animation Pack 8.0 Helper Addon

• 3 weeks later...

Great mod.

Love the furniture placer. Saves having to coc zbftestzone and then use jaxonz to copy and place furnitures. Great job.

Works well on npcs from what I've tested. However doesn't work on my followers. Think its because I'm using eff. Can't really do without eff as it allows for easy wardrobe changing and follower management, so guess I'm stuck using Display Model 2 for limited furniture selection for followers and this mod for npc's.

Been a bit of a mission to find a way to place followers in furniture and I thought DM2 was as good as it gets. DM2 allows you to control them and tell them to use a furniture item, however as soon as you back out of that menu they lose their pose.

Guess I'll just abduct / teleport npcs to my house and use this mod on them for home decorations. Just a shame cause cant control their clothing like I could with eff.

If only this could overwrite eff's ai control or whatever is causing it not to work on followers like DM2 does.

Anyway top effort. This mods staying in my load order. Thanks.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Damius said:

Is the wayrest guillotine just a very fancy pillory, or does it actually work? The dynamic version is missing the blade, but otherwise seems to do nothing.

Simple explanation: those furnitures (guiloutine/rack/garotte) need CK to be build up-they need a fully installation with activators-the blade is an activator, which needs a script. if you want to let the guiloutine become like the head-chopper, you also need a dedicated script for all participants, who are acting in such a scene: executioneer-helper and the victim.

all those  furniture but can also be found as not working with only! (lol) sitting function! - and those ones should have their support with this mod.

10 minutes ago, GronkyDonky said:

Great mod.

Love the furniture placer. Saves having to coc zbftestzone and then use jaxonz to copy and place furnitures. Great job.

Works well on npcs from what I've tested. However doesn't work on my followers. Think its because I'm using eff. Can't really do without eff as it allows for easy wardrobe changing and follower management, so guess I'm stuck using Display Model 2 for limited furniture selection for followers and this mod for npc's.

Been a bit of a mission to find a way to place followers in furniture and I thought DM2 was as good as it gets. DM2 allows you to control them and tell them to use a furniture item, however as soon as you back out of that menu they lose their pose.

Guess I'll just abduct / teleport npcs to my house and use this mod on them for home decorations. Just a shame cause cant control their clothing like I could with eff.

If only this could overwrite eff's ai control or whatever is causing it not to work on followers like DM2 does.

Anyway top effort. This mods staying in my load order. Thanks.

EFF is not free of artefacts-that´s unbelievable, but sadly true.

12 hours ago, t.ara said:

EFF is not free of artefacts-that´s unbelievable, but sadly true.

I understand that, however its one of the best follower managers I've found. More stable than AFT iAFT UFO.

Having played more with the mod I'm a bit bummed. Can only use on one NPC at a time. Once I've positioned one npc the furniture select spell wont select any more furniture. And doesn't work on followers even after I've reset them from EFF. So to use I found an npc , moveto player, then placed using spells, inv, removeitem and done, seemed to stick through several cell changes.

This mod is still great, kind of like jaxonz inventory except for zap furnishings. Much easier than copying stuff from the zbftestzone.

Still wish I could find the perfect npc positioner. Something like a cross between this and display model 2.

Display Model 2 works great on npc's and followers under EFF. But just needs to be updated with more furniture from zap8 which I don't think is going to happen.

If this mod could use DM2 ai overwrite or however it manages npcs, with its own furniture placement / alignment correction would have the perfect mod.

My search continues.

1 hour ago, GronkyDonky said:

I understand that, however its one of the best follower managers I've found. More stable than AFT iAFT UFO.

Having played more with the mod I'm a bit bummed. Can only use on one NPC at a time. Once I've positioned one npc the furniture select spell wont select any more furniture. And doesn't work on followers even after I've reset them from EFF. So to use I found an npc , moveto player, then placed using spells, inv, removeitem and done, seemed to stick through several cell changes.

This mod is still great, kind of like jaxonz inventory except for zap furnishings. Much easier than copying stuff from the zbftestzone.

Still wish I could find the perfect npc positioner. Something like a cross between this and display model 2.

Display Model 2 works great on npc's and followers under EFF. But just needs to be updated with more furniture from zap8 which I don't think is going to happen.

If this mod could use DM2 ai overwrite or however it manages npcs, with its own furniture placement / alignment correction would have the perfect mod.

My search continues.

Maybe something like that will come inside of zap-display model can´t be using zap8 - furnitures under it´s hood as I do also not take away the display´s furnitures to the zap-framework...(and btw. is the display model dealing with mostly more modern stuff)-display model could make zap8 a dependency and use zap8 furnitures if wanted, but I guess it is build different.

I suggest to wait for a simple new idea coming with zap for this: yesterday I fiddled around with EFF and I got really sweat on the skin as I felt suddenly, that it is damaging and influencing equip-scripting-so: zap has to create something, what is EASY and fully working (if even for only some (real) minutes, it would be okay for me...)...

I always suggest to use mod-by-mod and questers should know what pack they want. Dependencies can cause lot of troubles, also between modders/authors. There are lot of different offers of resources to choose from-and the amount of items are always more and more...and I´m not sad, if people don´t play zap 8 or 9...this depends on the personal wishes of the gamerr as usually.

An NPC positioner (furniture commander) should not be to much "unknown" in code.

Thank you for the mod! i haven't finished my current skyrim load order yet, this mod is however gonna be a staple in my devious load orders from now on. i can imagine this mod is much easier than having run through the Zaz test cell manually copying any devices you want.

I would love support for more than one npc at a time.

So, I can get everything in this mod to work as intended ..... but only for vanilla NPCs.

AFT followers and PAH NPCs will do everything except actually interact with ZAP furniture. I get the dialogue option text, the confirmation messages that they are selected but they do not move to the furniture, and the align spell teleports them onto/beside the furniture but nothing else. All the other dialogue/messages are the same as for vanilla NPCs.

I use FNIS, LOOT etc., reinstalled the mod, tested with ZapFurniturePlacer.esp manually placed at the bottom of the load order, and also started a new game as well.

Will live with it if I need to (I have a heavily modded setup, so I understand it may be Skyrim being Skyrim & just what I have to deal with ?), and this mod is a great idea.

Not an expert modder by any measure; anyone have any ideas?

@iprollyneedhelp I might look at adding some more NPC support when I get some extra time...

1 hour ago, Parsten83 said:

I use FNIS, LOOT etc., reinstalled the mod, tested with ZapFurniturePlacer.esp manually placed at the bottom of the load order, and also started a new game as well.

Will live with it if I need to (I have a heavily modded setup, so I understand it may be Skyrim being Skyrim & just what I have to deal with ?), and this mod is a great idea.

Not an expert modder by any measure; anyone have any ideas?

This Mod puts your selected NPC into an alias that has a SitTarget AI package attached that will point to the furniture that you've selected.

What would cause it not to work is if another Mod was overriding the AI. The higher the Quest priority, the higher the AI package stack, so my guess is, those Mods have their quests that contain the follower aliases set at a very high priority, and so the follower AI would override other AI as it occupies a higher priority in the stack.

Here's the esp with the Quest set to max priority.

ZAPFurniturePlacer.esp

If it's higher than those Mods, then this AI should override those Mod's AI. If those Mods have their AI at max priority too though, not sure which would win, it might come down to load order in that case...

3 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

This Mod puts your selected NPC into an alias that has a SitTarget AI package attached that will point to the furniture that you've selected.

What would cause it not to work is if another Mod was overriding the AI. The higher the Quest priority, the higher the AI package stack, so my guess is, those Mods have their quests that contain the follower aliases set at a very high priority, and so the follower AI would override other AI as it occupies a higher priority in the stack.

Here's the esp with the Quest set to max priority.

ZAPFurniturePlacer.esp

If it's higher than those Mods, then this AI should override those Mod's AI. If those Mods have their AI at max priority too though, not sure which would win, it might come down to load order in that case...

Thank you for the quick reply!!

Loaded the new .esp and tested, and you were dead-on about the priority issue.

PAH working well, and AFT too with a bit of pushing (needed align to get them over to the furniture buy ok from there).

Did notice that the priority override also somehow clears the NPC's slavetats settings (whether or not slavetats was above or below ZAPFurniturePlacer on the load order).

That one is quickly band-aided with a quick run through SlaveTats MCM to reset the NPC, so can handle that ok (the slavetats settings stick when the reset is done).

Thanks again - great to see it working on my rig!  ?

• 1 month later...

This looks very interesting :naughty:

Am I right in assuming from your description of how the "furniture commander" function works that this would work with any ZAZ furniture added to the game world by other mods? Great potential for sprucing up towns with some decorative touches...

• 3 months later...

I haven't tested all of the furniture yet but about half of the stuff doesn't work for me.  The character just floats in the air at a 45 degree angle. I thought the issue may be related to the 8.0 version of zaz animation pack but after upgrading to 8.0+ the problem still persists. 

Btw, will there be support for more than 1 npc in the future? Haven't found any other mod that restrains NPCs permanently to furniture.

2 hours ago, whatsoldier said:

I haven't tested all of the furniture yet but about half of the stuff doesn't work for me.  The character just floats in the air at a 45 degree angle. I thought the issue may be related to the 8.0 version of zaz animation pack but after upgrading to 8.0+ the problem still persists. 

Btw, will there be support for more than 1 npc in the future? Haven't found any other mod that restrains NPCs permanently to furniture.

Floating in the air like that from my experience often comes from conflict with other DD items. For instance, if you are putting an NPC into furniture that is already wearing arm or leg cuffs, a collar, or certain other restraints, the BDSM item slots conflict with the furniture locks so the furniture animations won't play correctly.

Right now there's only 1 npc supported, I may expand the system at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:37 AM, Hugh Reckum said:

Floating in the air like that from my experience often comes from conflict with other DD items. For instance, if you are putting an NPC into furniture that is already wearing arm or leg cuffs, a collar, or certain other restraints, the BDSM item slots conflict with the furniture locks so the furniture animations won't play correctly.

Right now there's only 1 npc supported, I may expand the system at some point.

I had the bug even without any equipped items. But somehow Devious Devices was conflicting with some other mod which was causing this issue so I had to remove DD. Every furniture works now.

I have another issue and maybe you know how to fix this: When using PAHE and restraining NPCs to furniture they don't stay locked in when I go away or do some questing (except when I use your spell to select furniture).

In the past I have used a mod that is very similar to yours:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/292-wip-oli3d-furniture-bondage-004-2014-test-fix-2/

With this mod you can restrain slaves with the "I want you to do something" dialog and they stay in the furniture permanently. Unfortunately this mod is outdated. Maybe you could implement this option to your own mod?

@whatsoldier I'm not too familiar with the code used for PAHE.

In this Mod, the AI is implemented simply. The selected actor is put into an alias whose only goal is to use the assigned furniture, and then the Quest priority is set high, so it will beat out other AI in the AI priority hierarchy. The NPC furniture target is the selected furniture alias.

This system could be expanded to however many NPCs / furnitures you want, if someone wants to take the time to scale it up a bit.

I'm in the middle of another project atm, so haven't had the time.

It seems you can only lock 1 NPC with this mod using select furniture.  Can you please add support for an unlimited amount of them to lock to different furniture.  This mod is amazing, aside from the limitation.  Can you add support for say 100 NPCs, but Ideally an unlimited number of them?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, llvv11 said:

You said that you could add support for more NPCs if people want it.  It seems there is an interest.  Will you add support for more NPCs?

Perhaps when I get back to modding Skyrim. I am currently working on some Unity stuff with ZaZ.

The code for this Mod is open source however, if there is anyone around who has some initiative and the time to work on it.

• 1 month later...