[SOLVED - Bad ATi Drivers, 12.10] HELP! Trees flashing on & off IN MID-AIR! O_O

Hey people! :)

All was running well on my latest S.T.E.P. 2.2a re-install until I got out of Helgen & found that I am getting really bad flickering (z-fighting?) on the mountains, and the trees are flashing on & off REALLY badly! This persists even when standing still. :huh:

Closer examination shows that trees are in fact flashing on & off IN MID-AIR hundreds of feet up above the Riverwood valley. :huh:

I tried uninstalling "Illuminated Tree LOD", "Skyrim Distant Detail", and I junked the "Lush Trees" materials, I ran "Textures Optimizer", I junked the .ini's and my ENB, and the problem has not been affected in any way - it has not lessened at all. :huh:

How do I stop this? :huh:

UPDATE: Okay - it's still happening on a pure Vanilla junk-the-lot-uninstall-&-reinstall game. Big flashes of white or grey all over the place... *sigh*... gunna try & see if I can roll-back Catalyst to an earlier driver (current: 12.10 as of Oct. 25th)...

*sigh*

I do not understand why trying to install my game this time around has been such a deadset ballbreaker... :(

:idea:UPDATE: Okay - reverted AMD7850 drivers USING THIS METHOD HERE, using 12.6 Catalyst drivers from AMD.

Jeezus. :s

Back to a *very* minor z-fight on distant mountains (ie: normal). All other graphics issues seem solved.

I will avoid driver 12.10 like the PLAGUE and would not recommend its use to anyone wanting a bug-free Skyrim.

Archived