[SOLVED] CTD After opening "Bethesda" logo display... :(

:idea: I am at the end of a new S.T.E.P. install (...oog...), and my Skyrim has started CTD'ing right after the initial fade-in, fade-out "Bethesda" logo animation plays. I cannot get to the opening menu at all - the game just crashes.

Load Order:

mjhgmjhgmjhgm.png

UPDATE: If I de-activate all .esm/.esp's in the "Plugins" list apart from Skyrim & Update, the problem ceases.

most of crashes like these are causing by missing STRINGS files.

*I will definitely be on the lookout for this in my future trouble-shooting! Thanks! :)

har har :cool:

No - it's true! I had another problem crop up after this in relation to subtitles. Dumping & re-validating the strings was one of the first things I tried. :)

EDIT: Something just occurred to me - Sbire' date=' do you know much about Caliente's TexBlend? I'm having trouble with mine & can't get it working - I could really use some help! Here's the thread - [/s']http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12947

Solved it. Game .INI's were still buggered. Botching my install earlier (attempt 2 of 3 in the last 4 days...) has *REALLY* cost me... :s

Archived