Girls of Skyrim NPC Replacer

alex1128

Hi I am trying to find a way to replace some vanilla NPCs with the followers from the Girls of Skyrim mod. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about this.

Specifically, I want to replace Lydia's face with the girl called Lyla's face, but the Girls of Skyrim NPCs use custom textures and meshes.

Is there any way to do this?

Yeah, you just need to swap what the NPCs info with the info from your host NPC.

I am fixing my Skyrim currently so I cant help you out currently.

If someone hasn't done it later when my game is back up and running I will see what I can do. It shouldn't be to hard to write up a quick tutorial on how you can do it.

Open the CK.

Load the file with the NPC you want, make sure you set it as active.

In the Option window in the left panel select Actor to load up the NPCs on the right side of the screen.

Find your NPC, note I believe the author of the girls of Skyrim NPC used aaa(Name) so As an example I will be useing Misha, so aaaMisha is what I am looking for. You do not need to open the NPC just know the editorID.

Now, find the NPC you want its looks to change, Lydia as an example.

Lydia's Editor ID is HousecarlWhiterun, so find or put that name in the filter and double click it to open.

In Lydia's Actors window, to change her appearence is really easy. Find the Templete Data in the lower left hand corner of the actor box.

Open the Actorbase box in the Tempelete Data area and enter the editorID of the NPC you want the person to look like. As I said before for Misha it is aaaMisha.

once the editorID is selected the boxes below it should be checkable. The only box you check is "use traits". The moment you check it the NPC's appearence should change immidatly to Misha in my case.

Hit OK to close the window then hit Save at the top.

Move the mod to below any appeareance overhuals, if you make sure it is the lowest in Wyre Smash or NMM then it will work!

Optional Step

Your NPC should be different in game if you activate the plugin you just modified. Note Misha, as my example, still exists and Lydia should look just like her. If you want to remove the Misha so your new Lydia is unique then you need to remove Misha from the world.

Go to the location she is at in the Cell view window, She should be at EditorID RiverwoodSleepingGiantINN.

Select that name in the cell view and a list should update on the right. Find the EditorID for the NPC you are removing. aaaMisha for Misha which is my example.

Select aaaMisha and hit delete.

Now Lydia is unique.

As above, save and move the mod to an appropriate spot in your load order.

=)

EDIT: If you have the dark face bug you need to select your NPC in the object window, so find the editorID name and hit Ctrl F to force update its face in game.

Thanks so much for that, does exactly what I wanted! :)

The only thing now is that I'm trying to get them to use custom hair (Apachii's) but if I try to change it in the Character Gen Parts->Head Parts the face gets changed; doesn't use the custom eyes, skin, etc. I've also tried the NPCEditor, as well replacing the hair files in the meshes/actors/haracter/Lylabody/hair with the Apachii one and renaming them to the old files, but that doesn't seem to work either (hair stays the same in-game).

EDIT: Also, do you know how to change their stance from 'male' to 'female' in the CK?

Thanks so much for that' date=' does exactly what I wanted! :)

The only thing now is that I'm trying to get them to use custom hair (Apachii's) but if I try to change it in the Character Gen Parts->Head Parts the face gets changed; doesn't use the custom eyes, skin, etc. I've also tried the NPCEditor, as well replacing the hair files in the meshes/actors/haracter/Lylabody/hair with the Apachii one and renaming them to the old files, but that doesn't seem to work either (hair stays the same in-game).

EDIT: Also, do you know how to change their stance from 'male' to 'female' in the CK?

[/quote']

Sure let me take a peek. The stance change is easy, let me see if i can change the hair.

Ok this worked for me.

Open and activate your mod from before

Open Lydia, aka HousecarlWhiterun

Now TempleteData should still active from before.

Uncheck Use traits.

Go go the traits tab.

There should be a checkable box " Opposite Gender Anims"

That makes women walk like men. She should act like a women if unchecked, note mine became unchecked when I used the template earlier.

Save and that's that one.

As for the hair.

You want Appachii hair then you need to include its master file.

Save if you haven't

Click Load Masters/Plugin Files it is the icon with the Folder to the top right, next to the save button.

Your current Project should still be checked, so all you need to do is check the Master File for ApachiiHair or ApachiiHairFemale so you can use it's hairs in this mod.

Once the file has been loaded in reopen Lydia.

Make sure under Templete Data Use Traits is off.

Now go to the Character Gen Parts tab.

Under the Base Head Parts Find the Hair line and click it to highlight the line.

The scroll down menu right below the Base Head Parts box should now work and show a list of hairs, and should now include Apachii's.

Select the hair you want, to view you hit the full view at the bottem, note each time you change a hair you have to update the renderer and hit full Preview again.

Once you found the hair you like Save.

Make sure your mod is below other mods that change appearance.

?????

Profit!

EDIT: If you have the dark face bug you need to select your NPC in the object window, so find the editorID name and hit Ctrl F to force update its face in game.

First of all thank you for all your help.

I'm still having that issue though. Maybe I'm seeing things, but there seems to be a definite change in her face after I change the hair.

I followed all the steps you described, but the face is still changed if I give her Apachii hair.

Here's a comparison so show you what I mean:

http://imgur.com/a/DnU1b

1st image is with the Apachii hair

2nd image is original Lyla/Lydia

In the first image after I change the hair the mouth looks different, skin tone is different, and the eyes are different.

Well I will replicate what you are doing right now. Give me 10 to 15 minutes.

I will tell you want I suspect. I think it is the same face, but

1) without the contrast from the forehead that is more pale, the whole face looks richer.

or

2)The hair color is also slightly different and the game engine might bleed that color over.

I am going to try an experiment and see if I am talking out my ass or not. No way to know without experimenting!

I think it isn't the bleeding issue.

I had a bald heal that was with white hair.

71573702.gif

Sooooooo the way to fix this is to to manually edit the blush

How I would suggest doing it.

Open up your mod.

Open up Lydia

Go to Character Gen Parts.

Under Face Tint Layers select FemaleHead_Cheeks.dds

Find the Face Tinting Box to the right this is what you will be editing the face color with.

I would start off editing the Interpolation Value. That acts as opacity so it will make the red cheeks stand out less. So I would drop the value from whatever it is, probally 1 to something like 0.5.

Hit Set

Update the face gen data in the Object window by selecting HousecarlWhiterun and press Crtl F4

Now save the mod and see the results in game.

You might need to do this for many of the face tinting layers. Such as FemaleHeadHuman_Nose, which you might want to drop its level to 0.75ish.

Sorry about having to manually tweaking the settings but I don't see a way around it.

Good Luck.

Save the mod,

Archived