Iron Man 3 Trailer - Titty doll?

Dreamer102

So far they haven't had real magic in the movie franchise, so it'll be a bit of a stretch to get audiences to accept it. I mean, Thor toed the line, but they explained it as being alien technology so advanced it looked like magic. But this is really real magic, and that's hard to mix with what is essentially science fiction. I do have hopes, though. I guess we'll see.

But this is really real magic' date=' and that's hard to mix with what is essentially science fiction. I do have hopes, though. I guess we'll see.

[/quote']

I don't see where it'll be hard, it all comes down to the plot/script/acting really, the magic still gets it's own CGI just like anything else.

I think it's more of how they initially present it than anything else, IE: if they do it right in the first few scenes you accept it, past that it's just pure good guy/bad guy.

If they flub it however, it COULD tank the movie.

But I doubt that they'll flub it.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, they've been on a winning streak so far. But it does make me think back to Smallville when Clark encounters magic for the first time. It was several seasons in and came as a complete surprise, and that made it difficult to swallow. In fact, it almost made me quit watching the show for how badly it was handled.

I realize there's always been magic in both the DC and Marvel universes, but it's yet to make it into anything on the big screen. Thinking from the perspective of the average, non-comic geek movie goer, it would be like if they suddenly added magic to Back To The Future or something. But they are planning a Dr. Strange movie, so maybe it won't feel so weird? Here's hoping.

Archived