youtube fun vids

38 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

Sort of...a few decades ago. Not anymore. Now I hope that people will move on to other planets and leave me alone on this one.

?

A quick blurt that the original movie (so, not this sequel) had a real asshole egg that made me dislike the movie.

At least I *think* it was this movie, do they climb a vine to steal the Jolly-Green-Giant's egg?

I was sure it was played by an actor I don't like, (only it wasn't, so nvm) so I can't google any of his movies (but a post here quotes his meme)

I hate how every dumbass post I attempt needs an hour of research....

wait...image.png.e62d892545f3240dcdf1ccd77dd658bb.pngimage.thumb.png.d87530201683d03cd71d2efe5b1dcd36.png

Kids sure got smarter , I was watching "felix the cat" at their supposed age. Or is this really for moms (?)

Edited by 2dk2c.2
zack gtre%$#5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Expectations:

Reality:

These are two different missile systems used for entirely different purposes.  The first is a cruise missile, used against stationary targets.  The second, a Semi-Active Radar Homing air-to-air missile, that relies on the radar reflections off the target from the launching fighter's radar to home in on.  The reason for the loss of lock has to do with the fact that the radar is a Doppler type, which requires relative movement between the object being imaged on and the radar itself.  In fighters, this difference must be a minimum of roughly 100 miles per hour, positive or negative to the fighter's radar.  Translation: The target must be going either 100MPH faster or 100MPH slower than the launching fighter for the radar to be able to pick it out from the background "noise".  If the speeds get too close, say, both going 500 miles per hour, there won't be enough difference between the speed of the object being tracked to pick it up out of the background, and it will disappear from the radar screen.

Radars can be set to be sensitive enough to pick up birds, etc, but that ends up being a lot of clutter on the screen, so there's a way to turn down the sensitivity.  This, however, is a double edged sword.  You don't get smaller returns that clutter up the radar, but you also lose a legitimate target easier, thus it is easier to get "notched".

"Notching" is usually a sharp turn by the targeted aircraft in an attempt to neutralize the closing (or opening) speeds between it and the fighter that launched on it, so that the relative speed gets close enough to zero so that the radar can no longer differentiate it from everything else its beams are hitting.

Edited by AKM
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...