Waking Nightmare Issue

Rhavik

I'm certain that people will immediately think I'm having some stupid issue with the quest not progressing or something, but that is certainly not the case.

So I recently bought Hearthfire because I figured, at $5, why not, and since I haven't played Skyrim in a while I had to update to this most recent patch. I loaded up several old saves to play around with building a house and then, ran into an issue while doing the Waking Nightmare quest in order to get the deed to the land in The Pale.

You see, the quest runs as normal, and when I finished, it crashed upon trying to leave Nightcaller Temple. Upon realizing I hadn't saved since the beginning, I redid the whole quest. I saved before leaving the temple, immediately crashed. After several hours of narrowing it down, I found I can save my game just fine without any issues all the way up until I release the miasma when I consume Vaermina's Torpor. I can save (and have a save) just before releasing it, but when I activate the chain, and I'm teleported back to the real world, I can no longer save without crashes.

This problem persists when on two older saves that haven't done the quest, and a clean fresh save. This occurs with and without mods so I think it's a problem in Skyrim's coding itself, or maybe my install. Anyways... as always, this is the current load order:

00 Skyrim.esm

01 Update.esm

02 Dawnguard.esm

03 HearthFires.esm

04 ApachiiHair.esm

05 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.2.2b]

06 Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp

07 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.1.4]

08 Expanded Eye Color Selection.esp

Attached is my papyrus log, I've actually never used one before, and... looking through it, it looks like an absolute mess. Dreadful.

Has anyone else had this issue, or do other people run into it? I guess in the meantime I'll try a fresh install, considering the log, and see how that works.

I am sorry if this issue has already been posted, I've taken a look around on the internet and didn't see anything that was specific to my situation.

Archived