Help with opening extracted files

I haven't played around with mods in some time so very rusty. Some mods I can extract and open no problem, the little sims3 launcher pic shows. Other times after I extract and try to open all is shown is a blank page icon and can not open the file. How do I fix that?

On 8/5/2018 at 2:26 AM, Tory1778 said:

I haven't played around with mods in some time so very rusty. Some mods I can extract and open no problem, the little sims3 launcher pic shows. Other times after I extract and try to open all is shown is a blank page icon and can not open the file. How do I fix that?

If it is a compressed file, you need to have the appropriate file extraction software to open it. Zip, Rar, or 7Zip are the most common. Try WInrar as it will extract most types of compressed files. If it is a single file such as single file such as .sims3pack or .package, you shouldn't need to open it unless you're editing the file for some reason. To use those mods, they just need to be place directly in your Mods and Downloads folder within Sims 3.

Archived