People of the modding community, I come to you today from the lands of Xbox one in disgust, there are so many halo mods but, none of them are a sangheili race mods, what's up with that? Seriously people there's even an off topic mod has the yautja race it even had a female gender to it, my point is why can't there be a sangheili race mod like the yautja mod modders if you see this let's talk about this delima and fix the problem, I can't mod but we can't talk ideas sound good?

As pointed out by Uncle, there's a Yautja race mod because someone wanted to create it and then went ahead and did so. And there are proper female assets for it because someone else went "wonder if I can fix up the buggy female textures and get some Predator boobs as a bonus" and then did so (BTW, that last one was yours truly).

Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want a Sangheili race, then start learning modeling, texturing, etc. and get down to it, like many people did before with their mod wishes.

If you want to mod (as in, create mods), you need a PC, and obviously a copy of Skyrim LE or SE for it. A console version won't do. No ifs, no buts, PC is the only way. Start by getting those.

Once you have them, there are some tutorials around both here and in the Nexus, and there's plenty of people willing to help you with advice or instructions, you just need to post about your doubts. Mostly stick to here, though; people aren't nearly as nice and helpful in the Nexus forums.

23 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Try searching and doing some reading on modding Skyrim for the PC

This.

But anyway, long story short:

LE: Legendary Edition, also known as Original Skyrim or "Oldrim". 32 bit, less stable, but has more mods available (specially those using SKSE plugins, as they are very hard to port to SE). Mods can be ported forward to SE as long as they don't rely on SKSE plugins or a handful of other dependencies that are not available for SE (yet?). No longer listed on Steam because Bethesda wants you to buy SE instead and spend money on Creation Club crap, so you need to either find a retail copy/digital key on Amazon or some other retailer (they go for 5-15 bucks or so) or find the Steam pages via direct link/Google and pay up $60+ (being unlisted means sales and package deals don't apply to them so you need to buy the base game and the DLCs separately and for full price).

SE: Special Edition. A port of Skyrim to a 64 bit engine done as practice for Fallout 4 development and later released mainly for consoles as a cash grab, with Creation Club crap included. Runs better than LE if your hardware is powerful enough and has slightly better graphics, but it also has higher requirements. Mods cannot be backported to LE, and it's missing several dependencies and plugins/frameworks from LE that are hard or outright impossible to port. No idea on the current price on Steam, but at least it can be affected by sales. BTW, if you play on PS4/XBone, this is the one you have.

Still, you should do some research on Skyrim modding if you are really interested in getting into this.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:02 AM, Blaze69 said:

This.

But anyway, long story short:

LE: Legendary Edition, also known as Original Skyrim or "Oldrim". 32 bit, less stable, but has more mods available (specially those using SKSE plugins, as they are very hard to port to SE). Mods can be ported forward to SE as long as they don't rely on SKSE plugins or a handful of other dependencies that are not available for SE (yet?). No longer listed on Steam because Bethesda wants you to buy SE instead and spend money on Creation Club crap, so you need to either find a retail copy/digital key on Amazon or some other retailer (they go for 5-15 bucks or so) or find the Steam pages via direct link/Google and pay up $60+ (being unlisted means sales and package deals don't apply to them so you need to buy the base game and the DLCs separately and for full price).

SE: Special Edition. A port of Skyrim to a 64 bit engine done as practice for Fallout 4 development and later released mainly for consoles as a cash grab, with Creation Club crap included. Runs better than LE if your hardware is powerful enough and has slightly better graphics, but it also has higher requirements. Mods cannot be backported to LE, and it's missing several dependencies and plugins/frameworks from LE that are hard or outright impossible to port. No idea on the current price on Steam, but at least it can be affected by sales. BTW, if you play on PS4/XBone, this is the one you have.

Still, you should do some research on Skyrim modding if you are really interested in getting into this.

Gotcha now how does one do private messaging I would like to continue this conversation but i dont want to fill the comment section of this forum with us just making conversation 

3 hours ago, Mike Kenyth said:

Gotcha now how does one do private messaging I would like to continue this conversation but i dont want to fill the comment section of this forum with us just making conversation 

Don't think I can really guide someone through the whole process, to be honest. I can help with specific doubts on how to work on Skyrim assets and stuff, but for more generic things like getting started on modding the game or working with 3D modeling/texturing software, it will be better if you look for better tutorials elsewhere.

Still, if you need to do so, there should be an option to send a message if you click on anyone's profile (mine, in this case), and that way you can start a private message thread with them.

Archived