Deviously Helpless SE

MCM is fine for me with DD5.

A question though: does this mod notices Yokes? There is an Armbinders checkbox, but that doesn't seem to affect Yokes. My character is wearing the S.L.U.T.S. yoke for a while now and no event triggered from this mod, the bandits are simply attacking as usual.

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 3:49 AM, delgathar said:

So the link for the old mod description is on longer valid.  Could someone post the full description again please?

I just tried both links, and both work.
Maybe it was some temporary website glitch - it sometimes get a bit overloaded during evenings in US and EU.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, Roggvir said:

I just tried both links, and both work.
Maybe it was some temporary website glitch - it sometimes get a bit overloaded during evenings in US and EU.

Ahh thank you.  You are right, it seems to work fine now.  Maybe the site was just overloaded or something.  Thank you for checking.

• 5 months later...

Hello Community,

i am quite new to modding, hope someone can help me. I try to install this mod with mod organizer. In the instal window it gives me a message in red "The content of <data> does not look valid." Is that normal, maybe i can ignore that? The same appears when i try to install the Mod Devious Captures SE.

thanks in advance.

edit: fixed. Right clicking on data and setting it to be new folder. 

Edited by berti145
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone been able to get this mod to work properly? I get MCM, and I get the dialogue when someone "sees" me, "Look what we have here" and then they run over, but then they get stuck and the process hangs and no sex scene starts. I notice this especially with the mod Devious Cidhna and the slave quests associated with them but outside of that I don't have people forcegreet anyways so have been unable to really use this mod (Devious Cidhna recommends to use this mod). If anyone else has had similar issues then please let me know.

Also to Kage777, I use Zap8+ and didn't notice anything wrong with using it, where is this error message located?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, Indolent said:

Has anyone been able to get this mod to work properly? I get MCM, and I get the dialogue when someone "sees" me, "Look what we have here" and then they run over, but then they get stuck and the process hangs and no sex scene starts. I notice this especially with the mod Devious Cidhna and the slave quests associated with them but outside of that I don't have people forcegreet anyways so have been unable to really use this mod (Devious Cidhna recommends to use this mod). If anyone else has had similar issues then please let me know.

Also to Kage777, I use Zap8+ and didn't notice anything wrong with using it, where is this error message located?

Works with no issues with DD5.2. Seems like something wrong with your setup.

Edited by belegost
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:08 AM, lightrazor said:

How do you install this on m02? it said something missing?

1 hour ago, cavaleirojustica said:

Have same problem as lightrazor

The issue is fomod missing ModuleConfig.xml. However there doesn't seem to be anything you need to configure about the install so you can ignore it. After you've done that data popup it should show green text at the bottom.

install_manual.png.1c4dd20998e6eb37e1e10e9dc45960c0.png

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, Indolent said:

I'm experiencing the same thing after I switched to SLP+, so that might be your issue

On 5/25/2023 at 7:13 AM, Aldid said:

I'm experiencing the same thing after I switched to SLP+, so that might be your issue

Yup, same thing happened to me as well.

Apparently, SLP+ doesn't really like the code that starts the scene:

Spoiler

;    sslThreadModel thread = SexLab.NewThread()
;    if thread == none
;        ; too many animations (?) already playing or something is seriously wrong
;        log("Sexlab returned a none thread!", 2)
;        Debug.Notification("Something has gone wrong with Sexlab and/or Deviously Helpless.")
;        Debug.Notification("See the log for more details")
;        StopSceneAndClear()
;        return
;    endIf
;    thread.AddActor(pl, true)
;    thread.SetStrip(pl, noStrip)
;    thread.AddActor(actors[1])
;    thread.SetStrip(actors[1], doStrip)
;    if actors.length == 3
;        thread.AddActor(actors[2])
;        thread.SetStrip(actors[2], doStrip)
;    endIf
;    thread.SetHook("Helpless")
;    thread.SetAnimations(anims)
;    thread.DisableLeadIn()
;    thread.DisableBedUse(true)

;    sslThreadController controller = thread.StartThread()

So, I commented it out and crudely tried to replace it with the way DCL starts it's scenes, and it looks like it worked?

Spoiler

SexLab.StartSex(actors, anims, pl, none, none, "Helpless")

Well, at least the scenes are starting now, although I'm not sure what original checks and balances I broke when I did that.  ?

Replace the pex file in scripts and give it a shot (backups, don't foget about backups)

WD_Util.pex WD_Util.psc

17 hours ago, krzp said:

Yup, same thing happened to me as well.

Apparently, SLP+ doesn't really like the code that starts the scene:

Reveal hidden contents

;    sslThreadModel thread = SexLab.NewThread()
;    if thread == none
;        ; too many animations (?) already playing or something is seriously wrong
;        log("Sexlab returned a none thread!", 2)
;        Debug.Notification("Something has gone wrong with Sexlab and/or Deviously Helpless.")
;        Debug.Notification("See the log for more details")
;        StopSceneAndClear()
;        return
;    endIf
;    thread.AddActor(pl, true)
;    thread.SetStrip(pl, noStrip)
;    thread.AddActor(actors[1])
;    thread.SetStrip(actors[1], doStrip)
;    if actors.length == 3
;        thread.AddActor(actors[2])
;        thread.SetStrip(actors[2], doStrip)
;    endIf
;    thread.SetHook("Helpless")
;    thread.SetAnimations(anims)
;    thread.DisableLeadIn()
;    thread.DisableBedUse(true)

;    sslThreadController controller = thread.StartThread()

So, I commented it out and crudely tried to replace it with the way DCL starts it's scenes, and it looks like it worked?

Reveal hidden contents

SexLab.StartSex(actors, anims, pl, none, none, "Helpless")

Well, at least the scenes are starting now, although I'm not sure what original checks and balances I broke when I did that.  ?

Replace the pex file in scripts and give it a shot (backups, don't foget about backups)

WD_Util.pex 62.01 kB · 2 downloads WD_Util.psc 64.58 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks, I'll try it out! Good to know it's an SLP+ thing after all. I'll post something in the SLP+ dev thread, since it's intended to be as backwards compatible as possible

21 hours ago, Aldid said:

I'll post something in the SLP+ dev thread

The author of SLP+ probably will not be happy with the way I've tried to fix it, because I've replaced a completely incompatible code with a legacy one (I think Startscene() is the correct way for a proper update) ?  But I don't know the syntax for the new function, haven't tried it.