8 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Did that, same result. I even uninstalled, reinstalled, checked and reset quest, and reinstalled again. Same answer, 'none'. I don't know how big a deal it is, but at this point I don't want to risk breaking my game. I'm not sure exactly what this is supposed to do to know if something isn't working right. I don't think I have any problems, but the situation might not have arisen where I'd notice this isn't working. Hmm, that sounds a bit convoluted. Anyway, that's where I'm at. Thanks for your help.

I find it had to believe, its very strange, would be nice if other ppl could confirm whether it works or not.

For me it works perfectly fine, and i dont see any reason why it shouldn't for anybody else, but that could be just me lacking some knowledge or experience.

If you are able, load your whole loadorder in xEdit, then find this quest and property and see what is it set to and let me know (a screenshot of the relevant data in xEdit would be nice too).

(i dont want to imply you are dumb or anything, i just have to ask: are you 100% sure you didn't make any typos when using the console command?)

You can also try the following:

1. stop the quest
    console command "stopquest _SLD_QST_Controller"
  2. make a new save
  3. load the new save
  4. start the quest
    console command "startquest _SLD_QST_Controller"

As for the risks...

without the property correctly initialized to SexLab Framework, anything SexLab related the SL Dialogues should do, wont work.

It shouldn't break any other mods except maybe those relying on SL Dialogues functionality (no clue what that would be) might not work correctly.

I strongly recommend solving this issue, broken things can be hardly a good thing (even if they dont break anything else, whats the point having them if they wont work properly).

@Roggvir

Interesting. If I am reading SSEdit correctly (it is quite possible I am not) there may not be a problem, just a discrepancy between what I see in the console and what is actually the case. Here are pics from both:

Spoiler

1042533_sqv_sld_qst_controller.thumb.png.280b8d6778be9d0aaa09512f8e055364.png372725882_sld_qst_controllerinSSEdit.PNG.23bd9a1f4eaf0871562d4d1c3f05992d.PNG

I haven't stopped and restarted the quest yet. I'd rather not until I know it's necessary. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Seeker999 said:

a discrepancy between what I see in the console and what is actually the case

Aha. The discrepancy is because the quest still running is from the previous version where that property was broken.

I dont know why it didn't refresh itself in your game, like it did in mine, after using that quest reset console command.

I think there is only one explanation: i fucked up, it isn't the resetquest command that fixes this, but the stopquest and subsequent startquest commands.

I was tired after being up long time without sleep, so i may have mixed those two.

Here is what you should do:

Stop being a wussy ;) and do the stopquest/startquest.

If you are concerned it may break something, just dont overwrite your current save, but try it - if it works, you know i gave incorrect instructions - depending on how it goes, you can then decide whether to go with it (if it worked) or whether to load the orginal save (if it worked, but you're worried the stop/start could have broken something).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am currently working my way through the Blacksmithing quest and have gotten to Oengul War-Anvil. He does not seem to have any dialogues pertaining to the quest. I am at the step "Learn about fine ancient weapons from Oengul War-Anvil in Windhelm" 

6 hours ago, Ralhav said:

I am currently working my way through the Blacksmithing quest and have gotten to Oengul War-Anvil. He does not seem to have any dialogues pertaining to the quest. I am at the step "Learn about fine ancient weapons from Oengul War-Anvil in Windhelm" 

Have you completed the civil war questline for the Imperials?

I seem to remember that Oengul doesn't like you after that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 1:17 AM, Fredfish said:

Have you completed the civil war questline for the Imperials?

I seem to remember that Oengul doesn't like you after that.

No. I believe the problem arose due to the open cities issue of the person in question going into the city instance. I couldn't find the original Oengul so I spawned a new one who didn't have the quest script on him I'm assuming. So i did what any person would do, start an entirely new save and finally cut open cities out of my mod list. I do love the mod but it always seemed to be causing me one issue or another. I've spoken to him and I see he has an option for blacksmithing dialogue. So I assume that fixed it.

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:08 AM, rusty02 said:

a menu pops up for rough soft etc

I am not familiar with the mod, i just converted it, so i dont know what you are talking about - need to know details.

What menu? can you specify?

Can you describe what were you doing? (you talking to follower? or did the follower started talking to you? can you describe the whole conversation with all choices you made, etc.?)

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, abcd99 said:

Any chance to see an update (From Sept 2019 edition of the LE version)? Thanks!

Roggvir doesn't maintain new conversions of the mod, but I do. The newest version for SE will be released on DeepBlueFrog's original Dialogue thread probably sometime around this weekend. I have given him the SE conversion of most of his mods to upload.

Yea. SL Dialogues has been broken since forever. I tried resetting, stopping, and starting the quest, but it does not want to fix. It only gives me More Options and that's it. When I choose the option, none of the other options show up.

Is it possible that it's just not compatible with SSE?

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, Azurahawk said:

Yea. SL Dialogues has been broken since forever. I tried resetting, stopping, and starting the quest, but it does not want to fix. It only gives me More Options and that's it. When I choose the option, none of the other options show up.

Is it possible that it's just not compatible with SSE?

Are you talking about this conversion, or some other one?
I find a bit confusing that you are asking whether it is compatible with SSE - i mean, this here is a conversion for SSE, so in that context your question doesn't make sense to me.
Anyway, its probably best you use the latest (and official?) conversion from https://www.loverslab.com/topic/120107-skyrimlldeepbluefrog-mods-conversion-to-sse/ - if nothing else, it should contain the latest improvements which my conversion doesn't have (i stopped updating mine when i saw somebody took over - no point in two ppl doing the same thing).

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Nepro said:

I found problem with SL Drunk. SL Drunk have the same MCM menu as in Sexlab Dialogue since they share same script file SLD_MCM.pex ....

Also notified current maintainer of SL Drunk SE version: 

I know nothing about Scripts. If the original author updates it, or someone else that knows how to etit scrit names can change it, I will be more than happy to forward the update in the SE conversion.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I have a problem when speaking to NPCs. When I choose "Hello, nice to meet you" the dialog ends while subtitles pass quickly, does anyone know how to fix this? I thought my modding was complete and there wasn't big issues so I started my full playthrough but now I am getting this annoying bug. I am not able to speak nearly not at all.

• 1 year later...