Need advice or help on scripts and scenes

Raider1

I am working on my temple mod, trying to expand its contents.   Currently, I have a quest that is a murder mystery quest.    but as part of the expansion, I am changing the story somewhat, in the final battle I want to attach effects to the scene.  Essentially the PC locates the Boss, a Vampire Lord, as he approaches, I want first set the time of day just after sunset and to have a wall of mist come up,  That part is pretty easy, lay down mist markers and enable them,  then as they climb the summit  I want  to have a storm effect fire off, (aldiuns storm call)  but without the damage effect.  Purely visual.  

I'm thinking that using a script that first checks the current time, then when the PC reaches the final stage, the script sets the current time to say an hour before sunset, then assigns a time limit to each objective, then fire off another effect or encounter as each objective is met.    The first effect would be a swarm of skeevers appearing out of the walls.  The second would be thralls and wolves,  the third would be right at sunset where a fog rises and Draugr and Thralls attack.  the fourth would be at the summit with the storm effect, a couple of leveled vampires, a swarm of bats and the Boss. 

Anyway, you get the idea.  Anyone that has advice on ways to accomplish this without making a bloated script heavy scene that drags down the game or suggestions on better ways to accomplish the same goal or can point me to some good tuts.    NOTE: I am not the best scripter in the world but have a decent grasp of it. 

Archived