Gender Recognition

So, new "issue", relatively minor... ish...

I have the Sim Specific Gender Recognition option enabled... but have no option to set gender recognition on a specific sim...

Accidental oversite? Or am I missing something...

I haven't updated to the absolute latest version since the change-log looked relatively minor and nothing I worry about, but I am updated to the one before which fixes the gender preference of females (for females) raising each time they have sex [ 3.3.4.132.2 from June 23rd ].  If it was returned in the newest update, let me know and I'll go ahead and download that one.

1 hour ago, VNex said:

So, new "issue", relatively minor... ish...

I have the Sim Specific Gender Recognition option enabled... but have no option to set gender recognition on a specific sim...

Accidental oversite? Or am I missing something...

I haven't updated to the absolute latest version since the change-log looked relatively minor and nothing I worry about, but I am updated to the one before which fixes the gender preference of females (for females) raising each time they have sex [ 3.3.4.132.2 from June 23rd ].  If it was returned in the newest update, let me know and I'll go ahead and download that one.

gender was fixed in version f but i'd update just to be safe.....up to you though.

• 2 weeks later...

I uninstalled WW and installed the latest update, cleaned caches, etc. but still don't have the gender recognition tab.  Granted, I haven't tried this in a new game so I cannot say for absolute certain if the update did indeed correct my problem or not.  I really just wanted to put a marker down that I tried a reinstall on an existing save without results.

It is fully possible that another version of WW will have come and gone by the time I get around to starting a new game (even just a test one, I'm lazy and haven't been playing TS4 very much at this point in time).

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, procian said:

gender was fixed in version f but i'd update just to be safe.....up to you though.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, now.

I uninstalled / reinstalled the latest version of WW, updated the game to the latest 8/1/18 update, cleared caches, made sure everything in my mod folder is up to date and started a new game.  Still no gender recognition tab in the WW wheel before 1.44.

Is it because I don't have the seasons EP, it shouldn't because all coding changes are made in the update.  Is it because I didn't remove the WW Settings folder and redid them all (which is why the settings folder is there in the first place)?  Or is it because I am using a couple animation packages that haven't been updated in over a year and I should get rid of them?

Did it get switched to a typed command like gender preference and I missed that note?

Or, am I missing something blatantly obvious....

(Granted, it also looks like my males sims have no penis unless they're in an animation as well...)

**edited 8/6 to remove comment about missing penis, it looks like having sex brought it back

Also, reinstalled latest version of WW, removed the settings folder and all animations packages more than a couple of months old with no change to the missing gender recognition tab that should be in the WW wheel.

Huh.  I figured it out, kind of.

Apparently I can only get the Gender Recognition tab in WW to show up if the Gender Recognition type is set to Gender Identity Based.  It will not show up at all if switched to Sex Identity Based.  Is this on purpose?

Also, since the Gender Recognition tab seems to be dependent on the Gender Recognition Type selection could I get a clarification?

The Sex Identity Based options says that it is based on biological characteristics of a sim's genitalia while the Gender Identity Based option says that it is based on the current characteristics of a sim's genitalia (current characteristics are based on CAS Gender Settings).

Does that mean that using the GIB option, the gender selected is M / F based on the gender symbol selected in CAS?

Does using the SIB option mean that it is dependent on the Has / Does not have a Penis or is it based on the Can Only Become Pregnant / Can Only Get Others Pregnant options listed in CAS, or are both options used?

If that's the case, then which takes precedence if the sim is selected as COBP and has a penis?  Or would that make it a mixed bag?

Am I interpreting the explanation complete wrong?

Needless to say, I am a bit muddled on how to interpret the SIB / GIB options.

You're confusing me a little with stating and asking multiple things at once so I will just explain few things.

Sex Based Identity means that Sim original sex matters and that's it. Gender is a fluid term these days so that's how I treated it. You can't change sex, but you can change gender. So enabling Sim Specific Gender Recognition only works for genders. Sex Identity = Sim Sex in CAS.

Gender Based Identity is defined by Sim genitalia or by selecting it when you have Sim Specific Gender Recognition enabled.

The main reason for this to exist is dealing with the debate of homosexual pairs - who goes on top? If you have two males and set one of them to be considered a female, you can guess who is the top and who is the bottom. That's the main reason you would want to use this option.

These settings have nothing to do with pregnancy at all. You set pregnancy capability in CAS and that's it.

Thanks for the reply and that helps with the Sex Based Identity, but I still have a question on the Gender Based Identity.

I can understand the why of the Gender Based Identity, especially since it coincides with how I use the Gender Recognition tab I was missing, but I'm still unsure as to the how of how the GBI is chosen by WW.  Or is that selection just the gateway for the Gender Recognition Tab to be used?

The reason I included the COGOP / COBP options is because it could be interpreted as whether a sim has female genitalia or not (such as how having a penis means the sim has male genitalia).  It could also be interpreted as to whether a sim is a pitcher or catcher in same sex relations.  Or, it could be only used to determine who can get pregnant.

I have a tendency of over-analyzing things, which, obviously, can lead to a potentially unnecessarily confusing mess; so, sorry about that if my confusion has been contagious.

I don't know what to do, I thiink I'm also having a problem about gender. I have a gay couple, and whenever i try to select that couple for sex, the one sim won't show up. The gender specific identity prompt won't show up either even though I allowed it to recognize individual sim gender. so I can only do one animation, usually only on the floor with that couple. Watching the same bad animation over and over again gets tiring. I have tons of other animations, but no matter the object i click on I can't seem to do anything but the one floor animation. I actually had to disable TurboDriver's bed animations because it kept giving me the same exact animation out of thousands of others that I have. only now i can't do any bed animations with my gay couple. I can't really do anything sexual with that couple and it's disheartening. I don't know if it's related to the gender settings, or if something is bugged. but I can't seem to do anything to fix it. I just wanna be a perv and watch gay sim sex LOL

8 hours ago, SinnySimmer said:

I don't know what to do, I thiink I'm also having a problem about gender. I have a gay couple, and whenever i try to select that couple for sex, the one sim won't show up. The gender specific identity prompt won't show up either even though I allowed it to recognize individual sim gender. so I can only do one animation, usually only on the floor with that couple. Watching the same bad animation over and over again gets tiring. I have tons of other animations, but no matter the object i click on I can't seem to do anything but the one floor animation. I actually had to disable TurboDriver's bed animations because it kept giving me the same exact animation out of thousands of others that I have. only now i can't do any bed animations with my gay couple. I can't really do anything sexual with that couple and it's disheartening. I don't know if it's related to the gender settings, or if something is bugged. but I can't seem to do anything to fix it. I just wanna be a perv and watch gay sim sex LOL

recognise male as both selected? also try anything goes too.

4 hours ago, SinnySimmer said:

Thanks a lot, that really appears to help. thanks again, I really felt like no one was paying attention to my posts. 

Not sure if both have to be selected....recognise male as both might work without anything goes being selected or vice versa.

15 hours ago, procian said:

Not sure if both have to be selected....recognise male as both might work without anything goes being selected or vice versa.

I'd already tried that and that didn't work. So basically I turned off all recognition and selected "Gender isn't checked at all" that seems to have fixed things a bit, only now my male sims will perform female solo animations. and that's a bit weird. also I don't know if this is related but ya know how Tab allows you to enter Free Camera Mode? well anytime I do that now the camera spazes. it looks at the floor and spins rapidly which it diidn't do last night before I messed with the settings. It's not a BIG problem but it does hinder my ability to get good  cinamatic screenshots.

13 hours ago, SinnySimmer said:

I'd already tried that and that didn't work. So basically I turned off all recognition and selected "Gender isn't checked at all" that seems to have fixed things a bit, only now my male sims will perform female solo animations. and that's a bit weird. also I don't know if this is related but ya know how Tab allows you to enter Free Camera Mode? well anytime I do that now the camera spazes. it looks at the floor and spins rapidly which it diidn't do last night before I messed with the settings. It's not a BIG problem but it does hinder my ability to get good  cinamatic screenshots.

I get that now and again....it's the game having a fit I think.

• 11 months later...

I'm having trouble with this myself.

A lot of animations deal with M/F but I like to play M/M.  So I thought... I'll just make a male in CAS and give him a vagina.  Not near as fun, but it's a compromise I'm willing to make for more variations.  But I wanted to see how, or if it would work first.

First, I tried it on a gay couple I had already established.  Both I had "flagged" for "Always same sex."  It worked just fine and I got all the M/F animations options.  Cool.  However, they were based on the CAS gender selection as I forgot to change that. 

So then I made fresh male, gave him a vagina, made it so that he/she could get pregnant, then I used the "based on genitalia" selection in Wicked Whims.  I didn't put a flag on him because I was unsure of which one to use.  I took him to a nightclub and get hit on by a female.  Okay... so maybe she is a lesbian.  I politely declined and instead intended on asking this handsome little cutie I had my eye on.  I found the perfect spot... clicked on the desired Sim... and all I got were M/M or M/B animation options.  Nothing for M/F.

Now I'm confused. 

Okay... so apparently the thing was based on the whole CAS thing.  As soon as I switched it back to the CAS setting... I got the M/F options.

I was assuming that the whole CAS gender deal was based on the chosen starting gender when it clearly isn't.  Anyway... I'm still not sure what flag to put on my Sim, so I probably won't bother with that part as all.  As long as the males in the game see my Sim as a female... that's all I wanted.

UPDATE:  Still getting hit on by females and not males.  I obviously still have no idea how this whole gender/romance thing works. 
Perhaps if I make it known... some nice Simmer more knowledgeable than me can tell me what I need to click or unclick.

I want a male... male face... male body... male clothes... female parts... able to get pregnant.  I want them to be attractive and attracted to only males.

As I am a technotard... please speak slowly and use small words that a three year old could understand.

• 7 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, Banjin said:

I don't know if anyone is paying attention to this thread, as there's been no answer since 6 months ago but I'd love to know how to stop my female sims from trying to suck their own dicks, AS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY !

I think that issue is the animation itself as it was made for both M and F (with strapon).

I'd just disable those particular animations in autonomous mode only.

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I think that issue is the animation itself as it was made for both M and F (with strapon).

I'd just disable those particular animations in autonomous mode only.

Oh I see, thank you for your answer, that seems to be correct.
I just wouldn't imagine why a chick would put on a strapon and then bend in half to suck on it. Maybe some fetish I didn't know about.
I feel so naive and innocent ! >_<'

Archived