is Rpg Maker VX the best version for making adult games in RPG Maker?

Zeption

so i have a question i wanted to try to make a adult Rpg Maker Game but.... after searching i found out dat most are made in VX but i have not seen any in MV soo...

i wanted to ask if somebody know why if VX is better for some reason or maybe is dat MV is bad ?

by the way what i want to make is something  similar to Latex Dungeon i like how they add animations in the middle of the fight of cource it will have more then dat but i found it interesting  here is the link to latex dungeon if you want to see what i mean

https://www.patreon.com/zxc

so yeah i wanted to ask because if im going to spend time doing this i don't want to go for the bad option but i already own MV so yeah... is it good, bad, both, why?

If you're aiming for so low a bar, I wouldn't even start tbh. The reason why MV is a pain in the ass to work with (from my perspective as someone who occasionally translates such things) is that in making things more accessible from a user standpoint it makes it more difficult to actually edit between the producer and the consumer. You might think that's a good thing (it prevents other people from potentially profiting off of your work), but it inevitably results in a smaller audience exposed to your game unless you're affiliated with a major distributor already. I also own a legit copy of VX and haven't really been convinced of anything that MV does better than VX, though I've never bothered doing anything with MV myself.

the latex dungeon was just an example of people using VX more but i only show it because i like the mid combat animations even if they need work the idea is good for what i am aiming is not a low bar but something in the middle of mid to high i just did't share any details about the game.. because it was not the point of this post :)

ANYWAY so MV makes harder to the customer to edit the game? but aside for dat nothing more? not a big issue for me did't plan for dat neither care about it

welp i still want to ear other opinions of persons who uses MV and VX but for the moment i think dat i will use MV if i don't ear something bad about it

i do thx you for you time but i still need more then 1 opinion about this

Archived