(Obsolete) [Sims 4] Townie Makeovers

17 hours ago, ialbie said:

Maybe I'm dead wrong, but wouldn't be easier to share a savegame file + mods with all the families just at the right place? Anyway, great work!

I haven't really thought of that. It could be easier to do that, but I'd rather wait until I'm completely done with the makeovers before I release something like that (I still don't have the Seasons EP yet because I'm waiting for it to go on sale). Once I'm done with remaking the pre-made sims, I would then work on building up relationships between each household – or at least between households that would make sense – so that the world feels more connected.

I would like to make something like that, but I wouldn't count on it coming out anytime soon.

24 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

Question, how much content can Sims4 handle.. I sit at around 7GB presently with my mod folder, if I add 5+GB to that will it just "give up" or would it run like Sims 3 without MC/ErrorTrap/Relativity/Traffic ? :P I have about 5GB of content with my Sims 3 install, and pushing a little bit more than that tanks the system if I don't reset sims and delete cache files. I learned to be conservative with TS3, just to be on the safe side. Just wondering if I need to take precautions with TS4. 

I'm probably not the best person to be asking questions like this to, but I think I can spare some good info on this. 

TS4's performance depends mostly on your graphics settings in-game and how many objects are on a lot. Your game will run better on lower graphics settings than it would on the highest settings, and if you're playing on a machine that has a really good graphics card then it should run pretty smoothly either way. If you're playing on a lot with several stories or basement levels, a lot of Buy/Build items, or a lot of sims on it, then the game's performance is gonna take a pretty big hit since there's so much stuff it has to process and keep track of.

If you want to play with mods and CC, then the same basic rules apply, only now you have to make sure that everything stays up to date with the most recent version of the game. This usually isn't an issue unless EA releases a big patch for TS4, which can – and usually does – break several mods. CC and non-script mods usually don't give many problems, and you can usually tell right away if something is broken, but you definitely want to keep an eye on your script mods. If anything will cause problems for your game, it'll be your outdated/broken script mods because they actually use the games code to work.

TL;DR you should be fine, but make sure everything you have is up to date.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:38 AM, Alkpaz said:

Question, how much content can Sims4 handle.. I sit at around 7GB presently with my mod folder, if I add 5+GB to that will it just "give up" or would it run like Sims 3 without MC/ErrorTrap/Relativity/Traffic ? :P I have about 5GB of content with my Sims 3 install, and pushing a little bit more than that tanks the system if I don't reset sims and delete cache files. I learned to be conservative with TS3, just to be on the safe side. Just wondering if I need to take precautions with TS4. 

Edit: combined it is about 2.25GB, not that bad, and I have dups of some of those files myself, so it maybe a little less than 2GB. 

CC definitely has an impact on performance, especially load times and simulation speed. I basically operate with two mod folders, one which is a bloated mess containing a mess of different CC downloaded and added to the folder without any thought to folder structure or anything, the game takes a while to launch, as does loading save games and households. Also in game, things can be pretty slow to run, especially autonomous actions. With the other folder, which I remake when necessary, I only load whatever CC is necessary to run the households and lots I am playing with (I use tray importer to extract the necessary CC for households and lots) and I also merge said CC with S4S, together this makes a world of difference in performance for me, load times seem to be at least 3 or 5 times faster and the ingame simulation speed is also much better, much less sims standing around doing nothing (I also run a number of gameplay mods in this folder). Basically I switch between the two as necessary, the first is mainly for CAS and non-autonomous poses and picture-taking and such and the other is obviously for actually playing the game. 

Sorry if I've misunderstood the install instructions or anything but I'm not 100% sure if what I have done is right. I downloaded several of the files for the DLCs I have and base game. I then simply open it, for example "RE-CalienteTS4_Household.zip" and then go into the "RE-CalienteTS4_Household" folder (Not on a Mac so ignore the other). Next I just copied everything there, so all the .package files as well as the .sgi and .hhi, and move them into the "Mods" folder like you normally would. Upon loading the game none of the Sims seemed to have changed so I'm wondering if I missed something or did a step wrong. Does a new game have to be started or something selected in CAS? The new CC stuff in in CAS but the Sims are all the same. Sorry again if this is simple and thanks for any help.

5 hours ago, Alissa Kane said:

Sorry if I've misunderstood the install instructions or anything but I'm not 100% sure if what I have done is right. I downloaded several of the files for the DLCs I have and base game. I then simply open it, for example "RE-CalienteTS4_Household.zip" and then go into the "RE-CalienteTS4_Household" folder (Not on a Mac so ignore the other). Next I just copied everything there, so all the .package files as well as the .sgi and .hhi, and move them into the "Mods" folder like you normally would. Upon loading the game none of the Sims seemed to have changed so I'm wondering if I missed something or did a step wrong. Does a new game have to be started or something selected in CAS? The new CC stuff in in CAS but the Sims are all the same. Sorry again if this is simple and thanks for any help.

What @Alkpaz said, put the .sgi and .hhi files into your tray folder. I'll edit the OP to make this clearer. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

2 hours ago, porkybork said:

What @Alkpaz said, put the .sgi and .hhi files into your tray folder. I'll edit the OP to make this clearer. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Ok thanks. Firstly, they look great so good job on that. I believe I've mostly got it working so I'll give feedback as these deserve to do well and I may have still screwed up a bit.

1. I am assuming this isn't a replacer mod, meaning this isn't meant to replace the current households? If it is then I have done something wrong. I only recently came back to Sims 4 so I don't know what level of complexity mods are nowadays so at first I was expecting the current households to be changed but instead found that they were the same and the new ones were in the Gallery in "My Library". Not your fault of course but it may be worth stating this in the description page for people like me. Currently I had to delete the current Sims and replace them and set the relations myself which meant that all their jobs and friendships are reset to 0 (my fault as I'm well into the current playthrough). May have been a better way to do this on my end but I don't normally use the gallery except for lots so wasn't sure. 

2. Some of the sims had missing content. Alexander Goth was completely bald and naked apart from boxers which is weird as the rest of the family had their clothes. I'm assuming its either something went wrong in the download or its from another DLC (If from another DLC may be worth mentioning if all DLC are requirements). I downloaded all files except these ones from City Living, Get Together, the Special Households and Straud (Couldn't find this one among the files). 

Anyway once again they look great, thanks for the mod and hope feedback helps if it applies. If not and its a mistake on my end please let me know so I can fix it.

41 minutes ago, Alissa Kane said:

Some good feedback.

Hey Alissa Kane, thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll be covering both points here:

1) This is NOT a replacement mod. I've had some other people ask this same question and request that I make it one, and I would love to, but I just don't know how I would do that. Somebody suggested making a save file with all the households replaced and edited already, and I think I'll try that once I finish the last household. I want to eventually put all of these files into one big .zip file, but I don't know how I would share it here. I may have to upload it to another site like simfileshare or something and then link it here in a different thread.

I think I just solved my own problem lmao. Point is, it's not your fault.

2) I think I answered a question like this earlier, but the reason Alexander Goth and other sims are missing some items is that they were dressed with CAS items from certain Stuff Packs. You're right in that I should've clarified this in the OP, but I just never got around to it.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you enjoy my content.

Since the topic now seems relevant, I'd like to announce that this mod will be receiving a massive overhaul some time in the near future. Due to various points that were mentioned within this thread, I will make the following changes in hopes of improving this mod:

1. I will be editing each household a second time so that they will be less reliant on CAS items from Stuff Packs.
  2. I will use more up-to-date CC items to prevent any graphical errors.
  3. In order to avoid confusion after unzipping the initially downloaded file, I will include a text file containing instructions on where to place certain files.
  4. I will replace all default households with my updated versions, and
    1. Each household will have its own relationships that have been tuned by however the game describes them to be as well as by my own standards.
    2. Each household's sims will have their own specific set of skills, careers, personal items in their inventory, aspiration traits, club info, and reward points.
    3. Each household's sims will have their own family dynamic in accordance to both the Base Game's and the Parenting Pack's mechanics.
  5. Certain lots, both residential and community, will be edited for story reasons.
  6. Additional households will be added to make the world feel less empty. These households will include households that:
    1. Were not included in the Base Game or EPs, but were still featured somewhere by Maxis creators, or
    2. Are of my own creation.
  7. I will upload a .zip file containing all of these things as one big downloadable file for everyone's convenience.

I'm not sure when this will all be ready, but I will ask that you all please be patient as my life has gotten much more busy as of late. If you would like to make any suggestions concerning this update, please let me know in this thread.

My Sims 4 Mods folder is sitting at 29GB (that's 14,640 files in 38 folders no dupes). My computer is a decent one but it takes about 10 minutes to load Sims 4 and is sluggish but playable. I like your townies. Nice take on them. I've changed out about half of my versions for yours.

2 hours ago, Lelsoar said:

I cant start the game, every tray and mod is in the right folder ._. Always getting an error code with a name of a package in my mod folder. Are some of them broken?

Nothing in any of my files causes issues like this for me. I know people were saying that Lilith Vatore's hair wasn't showing up in the game since I unknowingly used a recolor instead of the original mesh, but nothing like this. What is the name of the file? Are you using an outdated version of SACRIFICIAL's Road to Fame or Extreme Violence mods? I would check to see if all your script mods were up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, porkybork said:

Y aún hay más por venir. ¡Me alegra que te guste!

forgive my English, is not my mother tongue, I noticed that if you install as you comment, in the game, when you put the new unit edited domestica, you have to edit the kinship. I do not know if it's something that happens to more people. To avoid this, what I do is from the world, I go to the gallery where the domestic units are stored and I transfer the unit and evict. Even so, what I see is that unfortunately your Replacements do not have clubs. It is not a complaint, the leaders of these clubs will stop being and you will have to rebuild the clubs, it is the negative of this. but even so, I really like your Sims, I've always thought that the vanilla ones are shit. thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Diodonea said:

forgive my English, is not my mother tongue, I noticed that if you install as you comment, in the game, when you put the new unit edited domestica, you have to edit the kinship. I do not know if it's something that happens to more people. To avoid this, what I do is from the world, I go to the gallery where the domestic units are stored and I transfer the unit and evict. Even so, what I see is that unfortunately your Replacements do not have clubs. It is not a complaint, the leaders of these clubs will stop being and you will have to rebuild the clubs, it is the negative of this. but even so, I really like your Sims, I've always thought that the vanilla ones are shit. thank you very much.

You're English is fine. What you described is a known issue, which is why I'm working on a save file with all the remade households with their own relationships, careers, clubs, etc. I'm not sure when it'll be ready, but I'll give little progress reports in this thread to give people an idea of where I'm at.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. I'm just dropping by to let you all know that I've finished updating all my remade sims to look a little bit better. Next, I'll be putting together a save file with all the sims' relationships, careers, and clubs set to whatever I think would make for some interesting story stuff.

Thanks for sticking around!

Hello dude thanks you very much for all job but i've a question.

Can you please upload on simfileshare or whatever you want because on this site waiting for 10 secondes and dl 600Ko/s is a little argh you know what i mean mate. ?

And again big thanks you for all your great job mate.

24 minutes ago, TerminitX said:

Hello dude thanks you very much for all job but i've a question.

Can you please upload on simfileshare or whatever you want because on this site waiting for 10 secondes and dl 600Ko/s is a little argh you know what i mean mate. ?

And again big thanks you for all your great job mate.

Hey, man. I probably will upload the final product on simfileshare and leave a link to it on this site in its own thread. I plan on putting everything necessary for the update to work properly in one hefty .zip file to make it easier to download. I'll also put in a little txt file with instructions on where to put everything. I want this to be as easy to work with as possible.