Install Beautiful People - A Guide To Setting Up Beautiful People & Modular BP

Followed your wonderful guide (thanks for putting the time in to write it, I've never been too certain about setting up MBP/BP), but I'm unfortunately running into a problem that I often have when using MBP and/or Xeo with an HGEC model; the character's skin texture seems misaligned or somesuch.

The face is fine, but the neck seam is more noticeable than usual, and there are also seams running along the tops of her shoulders and down onto her arms, plus one straight up the middle of her back all the way up her neck and under the hair. The colours aren't quite matched properly either, hence why I believe it to be a misalignment; most noticable is the lack of proper texturing for nipples and the like.

This problem was occurring both before and after I added XeoSP++ into the mix, and even using Archive Invalidation (both BSA Invalidation and Universal modes) hasn't changed anything.

This problem has plagued me with past installs as well, and whilst I DID manage to fix it one time about half a year back, I was stupid enough to not note down how I did it, and consequently cannot for the life of me remember what I did.

Any suggestions? This problem is annoying beyond belief, and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/advice/explanations/informative haiku.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the texture problems only occur for non-standard races; the ones added by MBP, x117 and Xeo all suffer from the problem, and since I'm trying to play MBP races right now and I'm still suffering the problem, this seemed like the most relevant place to ask.

Hi Gnomercy,

I have not seen this before and I have only heard of it when the meshes and the textures are for different body types. There are currently a number of different HGEC body types available and there are an equal number of textures. Would you please confirm for me that you are using only the HGEC body on page one and only the textures from this guide (and that there are no other previously installed variants in your Oblivion data folder). If you're using other meshes/textures, this could be the problem. Having said this, there is not reason that the other body types won't be just fine, it's just that i'm concerned that you might have one type of body mesh and another type of body texture.

I started with a clean vanilla install (apart from installing the Unofficial Patches, OBSE, OBMM and BOSS) prior to following the instructions on page one. I used only the HGEC body replacer you mentioned (it's my preferred one as well), and haven't installed any other skins/textures besides those you mentioned.

Also, for some reason, a few of the races "fixed" themselves last night and now have properly aligned textures, whilst others still have the problem. I'm beginning to think that my Oblivion install is in fact Skynet, has become sentient, but has decided to just mess with me rather than take over the world...

I can't download the 7zip file (MBPfixed)

The files i can download are

beautiful people 2ch-Ed v1.8.o Fized .d02

beautiful people 2ch-Ed v1.8.o Fized .d03

beautiful people 2ch-Ed v1.8.o Fized.exe

And when i activate the last one, a (japanese) installation begin to make an 7-zip, but i can't do anything with it.

Hi Quemon,

The reason I suggested the download of Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (at http://www.fileboar.com/process/3399328/...20Fixed.7z ) is because it's the complete file and not divided into three parts, therefore simpler to install. This link works for me, but I understand it isn't working for you. There's no reason why you can't use the the part files you downloaded just merge them first using hjsplit (http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/).

I want to try this, but since my new character was using synx race ver. 2 (that was released a few days ago, which I think added the male options, which I use for my very first male character), I'm a bit unsure. is it okay if I only installed the BP and the MBP without the MBP++?! or I can installed it without overwriting the synx race?!

Hi Razrial' date='

I think that will work just fine.

Worst case scenario, install all the BP mods and then re-install synx v.2 to overwrite.

If it works please let us know.

[/quote']

thanks. I will let you know :D

edit:

it works :D, but is there any way to make the description go back to english?!

Hi, nice guide, even a complete beginner like me can get this up and running, HOWEVER I would appreciate a time-saving troubleshoot, if you feel like it...

I'm having an issue with no bod highlights showing up, not pink but just eerie pale colorless flesh tone; no missing texture, seemingly, just no color at all, slightly paler than palest complexion. The faces are all colored fine. Just totally pale featureless bodies, (with zombie nips) like Powder. This only happens on certain races.

One anomaly was when I was installing the last 2 BP mods in the order instructed, in addition to asking me to overwrite the files you mentioned, I had to confirm a ton of other singular .omod files.

Also, I'd taken the liberty of installing a skeleton beforehand, but it seemed like the replacer came with one and it asked me to overwrite this.

Thx!

Hi mmobliv,

You mentioned that during installation OMOD asked you to overwrite a ton of other singular .omod files. I wonder if something important was overwritten. Do you have any other race mods installed or other character texture mods.

Also, have you tweaked the .ini file to bFaceGenTexturing=0 ? (i.e. step 5 in the final part of the guide).

Finally, thanks for the suggestion formthe troubleshoot, it's a good idea. I'm a little overcommitted at the moment so it might be a little while.

Oh no, I wasn't asking you to add anything, I was only referring to my current issue with the troubleshoot!

I tried the bfacegen thing, and I haven't installed any textures before now, my only thought is that the skeleton thing somehow snowballed the whole process...

Anywho, seems my best bet is to revert my Data to an earlier backup and try again.

Thank you for the reply!

Hi razriel' date='

Yeah, there's a patch to convert to english, it can be found at the very bottom of the plus plus download list on tesnexus at:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37368)

[/quote']

I've download it and installed it. I think I messed it up. can you help me with this bit too?!

I know I can't just simply put those 2 esp and activated it. it said on the read me to "rebuild patch on wyre bash."

I'm not too familiar with wyre bash. what step should I take?

thanks

Hi razriel,

Building a batched patch in Wyre Bash is pretty simple, I'm talking like three steps simple. Unfortunately, my PC is down for upgrades and I don't trust my memory to describe the steps. Instead I am going to post a webpage with some good batched patch guides here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1221023-relz-wrye-bash/

If you like I can still write a batched patch guide when my PC is back up.

Hi bobmiller,

I have not seen this one before, but I did a search and I wonder if it could be a Error 112 Setup Installation Error, which is where the Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. This issue occurs when there is no longer enough disk space available in the temporary files folder to decompress the files. And Modular Beautiful People is huge.

To resolve this issue, delete the temporary files in the temporary files folder to free disk space. To manually delete temporary files, follow these steps:

Start Windows Explorer.

Open the drive:\Windows\Temp folder, where drive is the drive on which Windows is installed.

On the Edit menu, click Select All

Press SHIFT+DELETE.

Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

Please let me know if this works.

Hi bobmiller' date='

I have not seen this one before, but I did a search and I wonder if it could be a Error 112 Setup Installation Error, which is where the Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. This issue occurs when there is no longer enough disk space available in the temporary files folder to decompress the files. And Modular Beautiful People is huge.

To resolve this issue, delete the temporary files in the temporary files folder to free disk space. To manually delete temporary files, follow these steps:

Start Windows Explorer.

Open the drive:\Windows\Temp folder, where drive is the drive on which Windows is installed.

On the Edit menu, click Select All

Press SHIFT+DELETE.

Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

Please let me know if this works.

[/quote']

Still not working :/

Hi Quemon' date='

The reason I suggested the download of Beautiful People 2ch-Ed v1.8.0 Fixed (at http://www.fileboar.com/process/3399328/...20Fixed.7z ) is because it's the complete file and not divided into three parts, therefore simpler to install. This link works for me, but I understand it isn't working for you. There's no reason why you can't use the the part files you downloaded just merge them first using hjsplit (http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/).

[/quote']

Sorry, late reaction: link doesn't work.

Edit: Could you upload your omods?

(Oblivion -> Obmm -> Mods -> MBP's )