SoS installed, but males still have vanilla underwear (but MCM for it works still)

allow me to be clear
new computer, and i installed skyrim and all the mods i previous had and thier order (i kept a list) 
i double checked online which mos are installed before or after each-other because i didnt trust my memory enough and i think i got it right. however when i started a new game and tested sos by striping a dead npc i recently killed in helgen, he was wearing the vanilla loincloth in his nude body.
i have tried reinstalling multiple times, i have tried installing my various mods surrounding sos and xp32 several times in different orders (though im sure i was correct the first time that i should install xp32 last, all its requirements first, and Sos and various following mods/addons after it. and yes i have tried to get it to work with ONLY Sos and no other sos related mods) 

when i say the mod acts like it is working, i mean the mcm menu is functioning as expected, except changing settings make no difference, given that everyone has vanilla underwear anyways.

following this problem i have scowerd through online to find this problem or at least a similar problem but generally the answers dont aply to my situation because i have either already tried installing in that way, or only aply to people with specific other mods which i do not have so could not have caused the problem. 
let me clear as-well that the current list of mods i have installed did work recently on my previous computer without this problem, (most likely why im having a problem problem solving this mentally, because i realy doubt it has anything to do with compatibility)
so my actual questions are:

1)if you have seen this problem before, how would you suggest i fix it, or what may be the problem?

2)is there a chance that there is some penis mod im just being realy stupid about by not remembering i need it? because the thought has crossed my mind but i looked through sos and it seems like it should at least have that basic default penis.

If im just an idiote and missed some obvious fix, im sorry if this post wasted your time

1. SoS (Full) overwrites the vanilla underwear (loincloth) texture with its leather bikini texture. 

Thus, unless you install Rustic Clothing (the only mod AFAIK that include retexture of vanilla loincloth) after SoS,

it should have been impossible for vanilla loincloth to correctly (that is to say, with correct texture)

as long as SoS is installed properly. 

2. On the other hand, it is extremely unlikely that any NPC overhaul would assign dead Gunjar in Helgen with distinct body mesh path, non-ordinary one. 

Taken these two things together, it strongly suggests that SoS itself not installed properly. 

Just for sure, can I ask two questions?

1. Is it possible for you to turn on debug spells from SoS's MCM, to take screenshots of the debug spell (applying to NPC), and to upload the debug screen's SS here?  It would be useful for us to judge whether SoS really runs and tries to 'schlongify' male actors as it should. 
  2. (Not relevant to the problem itself) Have you installed at least one of SoS add-ons (SoS - Smurf Average Addon.esp etc.) together with SoS's core .esm and .esp? Without addons, male actors in the game would suffer from perma-undies symptom (so, it's probably different from your problem).

Try to install XPMSE last and let it overwrite anything it wants to. Keep it last in the load order. 

In the game approach the naked NPC and look at him, open the MCM menu for SOS and check in the tab that says what is their schong type. See if there is an error shown there. Try to assign a schong to the NPC in that menu. There is also an option to get additional debug info on that screen.

1. SoS (Full) overwrites the vanilla underwear (loincloth) texture with its leather bikini texture. 

Thus, unless you install Rustic Clothing (the only mod AFAIK that include retexture of vanilla loincloth) after SoS,

it should have been impossible for vanilla loincloth to correctly (that is to say, with correct texture)

as long as SoS is installed properly. 

2. On the other hand, it is extremely unlikely that any NPC overhaul would assign dead Gunjar in Helgen with distinct body mesh path, non-ordinary one. 

Taken these two things together, it strongly suggests that SoS itself not installed properly. 

Just for sure, can I ask two questions?

1. Is it possible for you to turn on debug spells from SoS's MCM, to take screenshots of the debug spell (applying to NPC), and to upload the debug screen's SS here?  It would be useful for us to judge whether SoS really runs and tries to 'schlongify' male actors as it should. 
  2. (Not relevant to the problem itself) Have you installed at least one of SoS add-ons (SoS - Smurf Average Addon.esp etc.) together with SoS's core .esm and .esp? Without addons, male actors in the game would suffer from perma-undies symptom (so, it's probably different from your problem).

ill get onto doing the screenshot now but to answer the second one that might be my problem. from the way the mod installs in NMM and how its described on the page, i was under the assumption that it came with smurf by default. even gives you the choice between regular, errect and muscular. and its also weird to me that this would be the solution because i keep looking through my list of mods from my previous installation and i dont see any mention of the smurf addon or other addons for that matter.

also a problem i just noticed before returning to see any possible comments on this post, while i clicked hairless in the NMM installation whe the option came up, the bodies are still covered in hair like normal.

like i said ill get onto the screenshots now but ill also try looking for a separate smurf add-on and installing that first just in case. thank you for your patience.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

A bit late here but I believe that I'm having this exact issue. I can't find posts of anybody having this same problem anywhere. I've tried everything I could think to try; reinstalling SoS and XPMSE countless times, changing load order, deleting the underwear meshes/ textures from Rustic Clothing and SoS. The weird thing in my case is that I can see the schlong with working physics under the loincloth (I have the SMP version) but no matter what I try the loincloth remains. If anyone has any help to offer I would be indebted. 

Edit: I made a separate post: 

Edited by HitlaWazAGudMen