The new guy wants to learn the way of the modder....

Jason_reaper 2

Hey awesome people of loverslab... I wannt to learn how to mod and how to successfully download a mod without problems... I wanna do nude mods on female characters such as futanari mods and bottomless and so fourth . Do I need to buy a special computer? what skills do i need to learn? I do have a storage device so I can store the mods in that till I get a good gaming computer with alot of ram and gigs to run games and hopefully mod successfully, (any ideas on that will be helpful) If you guys can copy and paste helpful ideas to this topic for me that would be epic, the games that I wanna mod ( nude mod) is mass effect 2 and skyrim and maybe fallout (fallout 3 was really good) I also wanna learn about how to create my own mods for yall to enjoy, any programs or skills I need for that?please any information will be useful, and please don't fuck with me because I'm new, theres this thing called a report button that I can use... 

Pick one game first. Preferably one with an active and thriving modding scene.

Like Skyrim.

First download and learn to use a mod managing tool.

The two most popular for Skyrim would be Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO).

NMM is easier to learn, MO causes fewer issues down the road. Pick one of them, watch a few tutorial videos, get comfortable using the tool.

Then come back to these forums and go to the download section (downloads button in the upper right), click on the title you chose and then on some sub-category.

Sort by most popular. Click on one of the top entries and start reading the mod description.

If you like the mod idea, download it.

Read the rest of the mod description too. VERY CAREFULLY!!!

If there are required mods mentioned, download them too. Also read their descriptions or readme texts and so on.

The most basic mods that have relevance for the things you seem interested in for Skyrim would be Realistic Ragdoll, XPMSE, Bodyslide, FNIS, Racemenu and of course Sexlab, also probably Schlongs of Skyrim. Read all their descriptions, download and install their basic requirements before installing them.

If you are done installing some adult mod with actual game-changing content and not just a framework or a body mod come back here and ask why it doesn't work as advertised or even crashes to desktop.

Learn about generating FNIS output files, about having XPMSE near the end of your mod load order, about the difference between mod and esp load order and the importance of sorting your mods with LOOT and after that by hand too. Maybe even about bashed and merged patches.

At some point ask yourself why you are wasting dozens of hours trying to get this to work. If the answer is "because it became some kind of detective game in itself and a fun one too" then stay here. If not turn your back to all this madness and do something more constructive with your spare time.  ;)

And don't even think about creating mods before you know how to install some of the preexisting ones and get them to work.

any computer that can run the game your trying to mod will be good enough.

learn to install and edit preexisting mods before you try to make your own mods.

try doing small edits to small mods first (eg: try using tes5edit to edit a skyrim weapon mod, make a sword do more damage or something).

there are 4 classes of skill sets for modding: modeling, texturing, scripting and animating, making nude mods can require all 4 so it's one of the hardest mods to make.

different games and skill sets require different tools.

• 5 weeks later...

Pick one game first. Preferably one with an active and thriving modding scene.

Like Skyrim.

First download and learn to use a mod managing tool.

The two most popular for Skyrim would be Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO).

NMM is easier to learn, MO causes fewer issues down the road. Pick one of them, watch a few tutorial videos, get comfortable using the tool.

Then come back to these forums and go to the download section (downloads button in the upper right), click on the title you chose and then on some sub-category.

Sort by most popular. Click on one of the top entries and start reading the mod description.

If you like the mod idea, download it.

Read the rest of the mod description too. VERY CAREFULLY!!!

If there are required mods mentioned, download them too. Also read their descriptions or readme texts and so on.

The most basic mods that have relevance for the things you seem interested in for Skyrim would be Realistic Ragdoll, XPMSE, Bodyslide, FNIS, Racemenu and of course Sexlab, also probably Schlongs of Skyrim. Read all their descriptions, download and install their basic requirements before installing them.

If you are done installing some adult mod with actual game-changing content and not just a framework or a body mod come back here and ask why it doesn't work as advertised or even crashes to desktop.

Learn about generating FNIS output files, about having XPMSE near the end of your mod load order, about the difference between mod and esp load order and the importance of sorting your mods with LOOT and after that by hand too. Maybe even about bashed and merged patches.

At some point ask yourself why you are wasting dozens of hours trying to get this to work. If the answer is "because it became some kind of detective game in itself and a fun one too" then stay here. If not turn your back to all this madness and do something more constructive with your spare time. ;)

And don't even think about creating mods before you know how to install some of the preexisting ones and get them to work.

hot damn...thats alot..ok i think ill just stick with standard modding for fun..not gonma try and make mods till i can get the hang of this... lol thank u

We need to create a checklist do you want to become paid modder or free modder ?? :P

eeehh just a free modder i guess I will diffinitially need time before i can properly mod if i decids to do so..

any computer that can run the game your trying to mod will be good enough.

learn to install and edit preexisting mods before you try to make your own mods.

try doing small edits to small mods first (eg: try using tes5edit to edit a skyrim weapon mod, make a sword do more damage or something).

there are 4 classes of skill sets for modding: modeling, texturing, scripting and animating, making nude mods can require all 4 so it's one of the hardest mods to make.

different games and skill sets require different tools.

how do u mean exactly... so u want me to practice with small mods first then go for big mods... but i really wanma do nude mods... hhmm but first i need a good computer..what computer do u use?

Do you want to make mods or installing mods?

I think ill just stick with installing mods for now

how do u mean exactly... so u want me to practice with small mods first then go for big mods... but i really wanma do nude mods... hhmm but first i need a good computer..what computer do u use?

small mods can turn into much bigger things in time, Eg: my "Horny Creatures of Skyrim" mod started out as just a dog dick on a dragon (i copy and pasted it with NifSkope), but as i learned to use other programs (like 3DS Max 2010) it turned into a much bigger mod with SLAL animations and Creature Framework integration (and i learned how to make 3d printable objects as well), but all of that did not happen over night, it has taken 3 years of trial and error and experimentation to make the mod as you see it now.

COMPUTER SPECS:

Year of construction: 2007

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case

Chipset: ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 Socket

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHZ 240PIN CL4-4-4-12 1.95v

Video Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce gts 250 1GB

Hard Drive 1: ADATA SX900 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA 3 SandForce 2281 550MB/SEC Write and 530MB/SEC Read

Hard Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache

Disk Drive 1: LG Combo CD/DVD Burner

Disk Drive 2: LG Combo CD/DVD Burner

Disk Drive 3: 3.5” floppy (1.44 MB)  

Power Supply: Antec Truepower Trio 650W Power Supply

I am not a modder as a mod creator. I have tested out mods in the past for people and from my experience the best piece of advice I can give you is to be patient and don't set your ambitions too high. Modding is a long time consuming process depending on what you want to make and not having patience will drain you rather quickly.

I am no expert but if your doing the modeling side after you work with the smaller mods, editing and tweaking current mods on your current skyrim through tes5edit, Calientes body slide outfit studio is great practice I spend hours in there re-fitting mods. I am still shit but key to all this modding stuff is as follows: heart you gotta be open to this, understanding modding is like a relationship both installing and creating if you dont love her she wont love you, and finally determination its not gonna be easy if your hoping to be super good and wanting everyone to love your mods then I suggest you prepare for the worst cause there will be monsters showing up to download and or tear it apart. I haven't shared any mods yet as I do it for my more personal tastes. I am terrified of sharing cause like my fanboy love for caliente, nisetanaka, and asianboy, I saw the pages of comments and how even kind hearted modders get treated you gotta have stomach for this stuff. plus I dont know alot I can barely operate nif or blender but modding is not always just about creating something new, just make sure you are ready and understand that there is a whole community of super nice modders and users here that will go out of there way to help :D

Archived