Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scroll-wheel on the mouse stops working sometimes when browsing LL

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kashked

Kashked

Pope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

I haven't seen a pattern to when or why this happens, and LL is the only site I have had it happen, but sometimes scrolling with the mouse wheel just stops working on this site. If I close the window and return it always works again.

I use chrome for a browser.

I realise this is very little information to go on, and it's not a mayor issue, just thought I should mention it if other people have the problem as well. Happens fairly regularly, but like I said, not with any pattern I can see. Sometimes it is in the forums, sometimes in the download section, and it's not one particular sub-forum. Seems pretty random.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

prZ

prZ

Sleepless Guy..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
1) broken mouse

2) short periods of epileptic shocks which let you lose reality for a given amount of time

3) try other browser ?

SirNibbles

SirNibbles

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

I also use chome and this happens with me too since around 2/3weeks ago.

It's always random, it happens on more then one computer with chrome (at least on the 2 I tried both had it, different hardware/peripherals though) and when I close the browser and reopen it it works fine again.

I have no idea what causes this other then some fault in one of the recent updates from chrome.

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one that has this problem.

JobiWanUK

JobiWanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

This has also been happening to me lately, using Chrome.

Kashked

Kashked

Pope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Well, fairly obviously a problem with chrome then. Good to know.

R_dahri

R_dahri

Twisted Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Same here, didn't notice it on LL yet, but it happens on other webs for me. Everytime I try to scroll down while the page is still loadnig, hazzum!, the mouse wheel stops working for that page. Not even realoding the page fixes it, I need to open a new window on chrome.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,092 posts

I only use Chrome and have never had it happen...... :dodgy:  

When I am browsing it is nothing for me to have 50 plus tabs of pages open at once in Chrome.

Are you keeping your version of Chrome fully updated?  What OS are you using?  I'm using Win8.1 on the computer I use for browsing and Win10 on my gaming computer (both 64bit).

legacyslayer

legacyslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I can say I have this problem as well, however not just chrome. Ive even had my scroll wheel stop functioning while the creation kit and NifSkope were open. So it may not directly be a problem with chrome, but rather a windows 10 issue (Atleast for me)